should Canada accept U.S deserter? - Page 2

--
Boots

December 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
No, they HAD the right to not join the military, they HAD the right to leave the country while they were civilians, but now they do NOT have the right to change their mind while our nation is at war.
Well, I can understand your points there.

But should we consider following case too:
Like I see many couples say they will love be loyal to each other forever, and will not leave each other forever soso, but later they got divorce.
Can one party claim that another has once said never to leave, then he/she should never be allowed to go divorce? I believe this applies to the "deserters" situation too.
December 17th, 2004  
implicature

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
No, they HAD the right to not join the military, they HAD the right to leave the country while they were civilians, but now they do NOT have the right to change their mind while our nation is at war.
Well, I can understand your points there.

But should we consider following case too:
Like I see many couples say they will love be loyal to each other forever, and will not leave each other forever soso, but later they got divorce.
Can one party claim that another has once said never to leave, then he/she should never be allowed to go divorce? I believe this applies to the "deserters" situation too.
THIS IS BY NO MEANS LOVE!!! this my friend is war... these men did not sign to fight in the armed forces whenever they "feel" like it. they signed a contract for a set amount of time. and during those contracted years your ass belongs to the services no ands if's or but's. changing your mind is one thing but voiding an oath and deserting your country is a whole different matter.. these men are called DESERTERS not revolutionists or protesters they ARE deserters.
December 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

DESERTERS or NO-DESERTERS, they have right to choose their own path of life.

If they are against this Iraq war, then they are entitled to leave the army, I believe.

In their belief, they may think they joined the Army to Protect their country fellows from being invaded by other countries, NOT to invade and kill other countries's people. They may simply do NOT agree with this war in Iraq.

If they desert while USA is being invaded by others, then it would be different story, then they become cowards, but not in this Iraq war case.

Just my thought.
--
Boots
December 17th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Your marriage analogy isn't quite accurate. With marriage, there are certain legal steps that must be taken to void the contract, even if one party objects to the divorce. US military members are under contractual obligation as well.
December 17th, 2004  
03USMC

Wrong. All enlistees in the United States Armed Forces sign a legally binding contract. They are bound to serve the terms of that contract and abide by their oath of enlistment. Failing to do so is violation of the UCMJ.
December 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Please then just consider following though a bit weird, but still a bit similar case:

In case the Army Commander order the solider to massacre innocent civilians or to kill your neighbores, would you shoot your commander to hel or simply abandon your rifles and leave the Army?

In case for me, if my Commander orders me (as Soldier) to kill innocent people, I would shoot him to hel or leave the army and go to Canada if I can.
December 17th, 2004  
Redneck

Your comment is entirely irrelevant, and the implications are extremely insulting, think before you post.
December 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

If you find my post "offensive", I apologize, Redneck.
But believe me I didn't tend to be "offensive", I really think Soldiers do have right to make their decisions in special cases.
December 17th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

come on Redneck, Flying Frog's opiinon is very popular among canadians...

that is why a lot canadians support that deserter and welcome him.
December 18th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I hope Canada keeps giving those refugees, they don't want to go to war to kill others or being killed, they have right to choose, if not in their own country, then in another place.
Would you say the same thing if it was a Chinese desrter and he fled to South Korea?