--
Should Bush meet with Cindy Sheehan?

August 13th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray89
and if bush is on tv i turn the change
You'll never learn much about the other side of life or politics if you do that every time something comes along that you don't care for. That is taking a one-sided view of the whole world.
August 13th, 2005  
Ray89

i dont tho- i like bush.. but his war plans suck
August 13th, 2005  
DTop

Stick to the topic at hand. You're welcome to start another thread about your views on the conduct of the war, thanks.
--
August 13th, 2005  
mmarsh

Missileer + DTop (your posts were almost identical)

Again, I am only speaking what I heard her say, nor do I deny that the left is using her for their own ends, but lets not play holier-than-thou, the right would do the exactly the same thing given the opportunity and you know it.

I think the real thing thats bothering you is the fact that this lady has given the Far left a platform. By your own admissions thats what really bothers you.

I think she does have a political agenda, but then again so who doesnt?

If you telling me that a man who has spend 42% of his time as President on vacation doesn't have 20 minutes to spend with a grieving women (like his predecessors), or that he doesnt have his own apologists and groupies working for him then your the one whose guillable.

This woman is a political hot potato and Bush just doesnt want to meet with her because he doesnt want to accept the fact he was wrong.
As I said before, this war was his doing. It war a unnecessary war. Now he has to pay a political price for it, Which goes back to the achilles heel of this Administration an arrogent refusal to admit past mistakes.

Its a foolish tactic, he should get rid of this person ASAP the longer he waits the stronger the left gets. The antiwar movment is growing and its going to blow in his face next election unless he can control it.
August 13th, 2005  
DTop

You're mixing apples and oranges. The President has already met with this woman therefore she doesn't need or deserve another meeting. How much free time the President has on his vacation is irrelevant.
You've made it clear how you feel about our war efforts, we get it already and we disagree. Let's move on.
Yep, our posts most probably reflect the way many Americans feel about what this woman is trying to do, sorry.
August 13th, 2005  
mmarsh

Yep, our posts most probably reflect the way many Americans feel about what this woman is trying to do, sorry.

This poll was on AOL. I admit its not scientific but...

Do you think President Bush should meet with Cindy Sheehan?
Yes 58%
No 42%
Do you agree with Sheehan?
Yes 53%
No 47%
How effective do you think her protest will be?
Not at all 50%
Somewhat 31%
Very 19%

Time for Bed...
August 13th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh

This poll was on AOL. I admit its not scientific but...

Do you think President Bush should meet with Cindy Sheehan?
Yes 58%
No 42%
Do you agree with Sheehan?
Yes 53%
No 47%
How effective do you think her protest will be?
Not at all 50%
Somewhat 31%
Very 19%

Time for Bed...
Once again, irrelevant. I said MANY Americans and an AOL poll doesn't mean squat, good night.
August 13th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Missileer + DTop (your posts were almost identical)
That's because we were posting at the same time. I guess logical thought follows like paths.
August 15th, 2005  
Strongbow

It's a tough one for Bush.
August 15th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Now if you join the Army you could wind up going to war, so why did he join th Army. Did his mother think that he would be excused going to wars that she did not approve off. If you join the forces you take the same rsks as every one else around you and if you don't want to do that then don't join. He she meets Bush she will want to to make her point on National Television, she wont want to listen to any thng he has to say but just to go into her anti war mode.