should Bush just put the Iraqis in some camp?

should Bush put all the Iraqis on some type of camp?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• No

• Total voters
hc^patonki said:
Redneck said:
Not that it really matters what they think, seeing as they hate anyone who is different than they are
Like US?

I would really like to see you support this slander (take any random picture of any group from the U.S. and from Finland and see which one is more diverse). But as sherman said, we will keep it civil, and as you are new, I am assuming that you do not know about our no-nation bashing rule, if you ave a problem with any nation, lay it out in a responsible and polite manner, preferably with evidence to support your position. Snide and antagonistic comments will not be tolerated, however.

mod edit:Keep it civil, there will be no name calling here.

And why should he put Iraqis into camp just because they are defending them selfs?

Snauhi said:
Shi'as and those arent terrosits as far i think, its not some kind of terrorist organisation.

I realize this, but there are extremist Shi'a groups and extremist Sunni groups, and they usually hate each other as well as all outsiders.

And why should he put Iraqis into camp just because they are defending them selfs?
They are not "defending themselves," they are attacking innocent civilians (their own countrymen included) as well as military targets, they are TERRORISTS, not patriots. What exactly do you think they are fighting for? Freedom? When the Iraqi people are being given a democratic government on 30June? How does this make any sense?

Well, we're pretty sure Snauhi ain't a Russian, it wasn't a grammar issue anyway, and I can only curse in Finnish. :lol:

I wholly agree with ben's points. Detaining political prisoners without charges is against U.S. law. If they are to be held, they should be charged. If they are indeed POW's, then we should abide by the Geneva convetnion in our treatment of them. Otherwise we are conclusively in the wrong. As far as giving them a democracy, what if they don't WANT one? What if an oligarchic theocracy is what they'd prefer? Will we still force a democracy upon them? And what if the people overthrow that democracy 10 years from now? Will we go back in to re-establish the democracy they didn't want?

Jamoni said:
As far as giving them a democracy, what if they don't WANT one? What if an oligarchic theocracy is what they'd prefer? Will we still force a democracy upon them? And what if the people overthrow that democracy 10 years from now? Will we go back in to re-establish the democracy they didn't want?
Good point.
I think it's hard for us (US, Europe, etc) to understand what they want. Maybe we're just trying to give them what we think they want.

Now a democracy seems to be the answer; the Iraqis can choose what they want. But there are several different groups in Iraq that aren't able to communicate with each other, apart from killing each other. That’s a religion issue the US and/or the UN can’t solve for them.

Now I’m not saying Saddam was a good man (or is a good man), but he had the country under control with force, and I wonder if there’s any other way. It looks like some Iraqis want a full out civil war to run the country their way. I really don’t see how this could be resolved.

Don’t misunderstand me now, I don’t think this mess is the US’s fault, I think it was FUBAR before the US ever came along that part of the world.

All we are doing we must do accurately and cautiously. But those guys in Guantanamo are POWs, and in my opinion they ARE BEING TREATED WELL. Given they're mostly from Afghanistan, they should be trailed there once the sit has chilled down. Trailed as criminals against mankind. So absurd?

Back