The shotgun and the bird

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
A few shops away from mine was a pet shop, one of their birds had got out and for some reason flew into my shop, fluttering all over the place.

I went to the pet shop owner and requested that he remove his bird. He first arrived with a little net that he catches fish with, after chasing the bird around for a few minutes he went and got a huge butterfly net. Again, much to the amusement of my customers he wasn't having much luck.

I went to the safe and brought out a (unloaded) pump action shotgun, went to the front of the shop and jokingly said, “Get out the freaking way, I'll get the bugger.”

He stood in front of the shotgun shouting almost in tears “DONT SHOOT HIM, DONT SHOOT HIM.”

As if I'm going to risk blowing my shop windows out with a 12 bore:???:

The whole shop collapsed in laughter. Finally he captured the bird.

Last edited:
the best way. who's insane enough to rob a gunshop?

As far as I am aware there has been two cases in South Africa in the last twenty odd years. One is suspect, many of us (myself included) think it was an inside job. The other was because the shop owner was working alone, and got nailed. I always work with at least two people and always armed, I have to hand right away a 12 bore pump loaded with AAA shot and a 223 LM4 (South African built Galil), and of course my 45ACP sidearm.

There was a case in UK a few years ago, a plonker tried to rob a gunshop with a deactivated (the staff didnt know it was deactivated at the time) shotgun and was shot dead for his trouble. The mother of the boy who was killed tried to sue the shop owner because the shotgun was deactivated. The gunshop owner defended himself by stating, "when your looking down the barrels of a 12 bore, your not going to check the gun over to see if it works."

i can imagine that:

theif w/ 12bore: "give us all your money!"
Gunshop owner: *pops out a 12bore and pulls the trigger* "NO!"
theif: "gaaaaargglyflargle!" *dies*

theif's mother: "it was deactivated!!!111!!!!11111!!!"

i can imagine that:

theif w/ 12bore: "give us all your money!"
Gunshop owner: *pops out a 12bore and pulls the trigger* "NO!"
theif: "gaaaaargglyflargle!" *dies*

theif's mother: "it was deactivated!!!111!!!!11111!!!"

As it happens the official version is,
The thief demanded that guns were handed over, the gunshop owner vanished out the back of the shop to the safe, loaded a 38 Special, went back to the front of the shop and ordered the thief to put down the gun, when he didnt the thief was shot dead with one round.

I know however, what the unofficial version is. From the horses mouth so to speak.

Some of those crazy people out there don't realize that some of us have weapons training and will shoot them. They think that holding a gun in their hand gives them power over people. :2guns:

You have to wonder what they are thinking! That's like going up to a Marine and saying, "I bet I can take you!"

I do that all the time..... it just so happens that the Marine I do that to is my best friend and I sucker punch him when he's not looking.

Yeah, we play rough.

Back