Shorter Leg

--

February 4th, 2014  
Ceasar

Topic: Shorter Leg

Hello,

I'm new and young. I haven't even served in the military yet, since I want to finish my degree first. I ihave, however, a problem which annoys me a lot. My left leg is a bit lower than my right (about 1cm)

I've talked to some doctors and they say that I can have surgery, so my legs match. But will this affect my career in the military in any way? I mean, if the officers looks at my paper and then trash me, because I have recieved surgery? Or wont it matter, just if I can complete the training?

I was in the military, when I was 16 years old as an intern. I haven't had that much fun and companionship in a very long time. I have had a life long dream to serve in Hunter Corps here in Denmark. So I hope I can know if this matters.

Sincerly
February 5th, 2014  
MontyB

Umm just out of interest since I know nothing of the Danish military requirements have you contacted a local recruiting office to see if they can tell you?
February 5th, 2014  
Ceasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Umm just out of interest since I know nothing of the Danish military requirements have you contacted a local recruiting office to see if they can tell you?
Yes, I have actually. But they don't know it.

And both the Frogman Corps and Hunter Corpse won't answer any questions.
--
February 5th, 2014  
MontyB

It seems to me that somewhere the Danish military must have recorded its medical entry standards so the potential applicants could find the requirements.

Would they take you if you didn't have the operation done?

1cm difference seems like something that could be compensated for with the correct footwear.
February 5th, 2014  
Ceasar

Quote:
It seems to me that somewhere the Danish military must have recorded its medical entry standards so the potential applicants could find the requirements.

Would they take you if you didn't have the operation done?

1cm difference seems like something that could be compensated for with the correct footwear.
Hello and thanks for your answer.

If I get an lift in the shoe, I'll not be the first choice of candidates.
February 6th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar
Hello and thanks for your answer.

If I get an lift in the shoe, I'll not be the first choice of candidates.
I see your problem now, unfortunately I think your only avenue is to find someone within the Danish Military that can give you an answer as anything we tell you would be pure speculation.
February 6th, 2014  
Ceasar

Quote:
I see your problem now, unfortunately I think your only avenue is to find someone within the Danish Military that can give you an answer as anything we tell you would be pure speculation.
I think I'll try to contact one of the medical doctors in one of the divisions.

But thanks for the help
February 8th, 2014  
MontyB

Well let us know how it goes as the information may be of use to others.
February 9th, 2014  
Ceasar

Okay I will.

Do you by any chance know what the rules are regarding this in other countries?
October 26th, 2014  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceasar
Hello,

I'm new and young. I haven't even served in the military yet, since I want to finish my degree first. I ihave, however, a problem which annoys me a lot. My left leg is a bit lower than my right (about 1cm)

I've talked to some doctors and they say that I can have surgery, so my legs match. But will this affect my career in the military in any way? I mean, if the officers looks at my paper and then trash me, because I have recieved surgery? Or wont it matter, just if I can complete the training?

I was in the military, when I was 16 years old as an intern. I haven't had that much fun and companionship in a very long time. I have had a life long dream to serve in Hunter Corps here in Denmark. So I hope I can know if this matters.

Sincerly
An old post but still.

Probably you will be rejected for medical reasons.
There are so many individuals who apply for service.

With regard to special forces - forget it.