Shorter Leg

Ceasar

Hello,

I'm new and young. I haven't even served in the military yet, since I want to finish my degree first. I ihave, however, a problem which annoys me a lot. My left leg is a bit lower than my right (about 1cm)

I've talked to some doctors and they say that I can have surgery, so my legs match. But will this affect my career in the military in any way? I mean, if the officers looks at my paper and then trash me, because I have recieved surgery? Or wont it matter, just if I can complete the training?

I was in the military, when I was 16 years old as an intern. I haven't had that much fun and companionship in a very long time. I have had a life long dream to serve in Hunter Corps here in Denmark. So I hope I can know if this matters. :)

Sincerly

Umm just out of interest since I know nothing of the Danish military requirements have you contacted a local recruiting office to see if they can tell you?

Umm just out of interest since I know nothing of the Danish military requirements have you contacted a local recruiting office to see if they can tell you?

Yes, I have actually. But they don't know it.

And both the Frogman Corps and Hunter Corpse won't answer any questions.

It seems to me that somewhere the Danish military must have recorded its medical entry standards so the potential applicants could find the requirements.

Would they take you if you didn't have the operation done?

1cm difference seems like something that could be compensated for with the correct footwear.

It seems to me that somewhere the Danish military must have recorded its medical entry standards so the potential applicants could find the requirements.

Would they take you if you didn't have the operation done?

1cm difference seems like something that could be compensated for with the correct footwear.

Hello and thanks for your answer.

If I get an lift in the shoe, I'll not be the first choice of candidates.

Hello and thanks for your answer.

If I get an lift in the shoe, I'll not be the first choice of candidates.

I see your problem now, unfortunately I think your only avenue is to find someone within the Danish Military that can give you an answer as anything we tell you would be pure speculation.

I see your problem now, unfortunately I think your only avenue is to find someone within the Danish Military that can give you an answer as anything we tell you would be pure speculation.

I think I'll try to contact one of the medical doctors in one of the divisions.

But thanks for the help :)

Hello,

I'm new and young. I haven't even served in the military yet, since I want to finish my degree first. I ihave, however, a problem which annoys me a lot. My left leg is a bit lower than my right (about 1cm)

I've talked to some doctors and they say that I can have surgery, so my legs match. But will this affect my career in the military in any way? I mean, if the officers looks at my paper and then trash me, because I have recieved surgery? Or wont it matter, just if I can complete the training?

I was in the military, when I was 16 years old as an intern. I haven't had that much fun and companionship in a very long time. I have had a life long dream to serve in Hunter Corps here in Denmark. So I hope I can know if this matters. :)

Sincerly
An old post but still.

Probably you will be rejected for medical reasons.
There are so many individuals who apply for service.

With regard to special forces - forget it.

In theory it should not.
Leg-lengthening is done by breaking the leg, keepeing the bones a tad apart, so these actually lengthen.
Bone structure which has been broken will grow far stronger than the original bone.

OF COURSE: It can ALWAYS turn for the worse.
But under the right medical supervision, the risk is minimal.

I advice you to not speak with the military, but a GOOD Orthopedist.
Hope this helps?

You need to contact somebody at the recruiting level of your military.
A doctor may not know the answer.

I went through jump school in 1967 and every day began with a 5 mile run.
There was an Air Force Captain who had some kind of device on one leg.
He made that run every day and never quit, though he seemed to be suffering.
I bet today he would not even get into the military.

Back