Shootings - Page 5




 
--
Boots
 
June 26th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
You're completely missing the point.

Mass. has some of the strictest firearms laws and amazingly it comes bottom for firearms deaths. Is that just a coincidence?

Property crime in Mass. has also been falling even with all those locked away firearms. Is that also another coincidence?
Probably, most places here that have strong gun control have higher crime rates. Cheaper to blame guns & pass anti-gun laws than other options on criminal control. I've read the UK authorities were concerned about the number of Brits being cut up with broken beer mugs & ordered unbreakable beer mugs, now they being beaten to death with the unbreakable mugs.
June 27th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Probably, most places here that have strong gun control have higher crime rates. Cheaper to blame guns & pass anti-gun laws than other options on criminal control. I've read the UK authorities were concerned about the number of Brits being cut up with broken beer mugs & ordered unbreakable beer mugs, now they being beaten to death with the unbreakable mugs.

Care to enlighten us as to how many have been killed by unbreakable beer mugs?


I am prepared to bet that most bars worldwide use plastic or unbreakable glassware as it makes economic sense although I assume from your rather dismissive tone real Americans are still drinking from the barrels of their loaded Colt Peacemakers as surely only alcoholics would drink from a cannon?
June 27th, 2018  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Care to enlighten us as to how many have been killed by unbreakable beer mugs?


I am prepared to bet that most bars worldwide use plastic or unbreakable glassware as it makes economic sense although I assume from your rather dismissive tone real Americans are still drinking from the barrels of their loaded Colt Peacemakers as surely only alcoholics would drink from a cannon?
Some years ago there was an article in Reason Magazine (Libertarian oriented) saying there really wasn't much gun crime in the UK before or after all the gun control laws passed. They went on to say that the Govt. has now moved on to 'knife control" & mentioned the mug thing. No numbers posted.
--
Boots
June 27th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Here is the interesting thing with that story, by doing a quick google you can find numerous cases of people being assaulted with beer mugs and almost every one of them was in the USA.
I found one case in the UK (Manchester) where a woman hit a guy with a glass one.


My guess is that this is simply one of those urban myths that the pro-gun groups tend to latch on too.


However, it is somewhat relevant to the argument as it does indicate one fact about human nature, people tend to use whatever item they have available to them when committing these acts, for New Zealanders who don't carry guns it means you get a beating and a doctors visit, for Oktoberfest goers it means a stein to the skull and a hospital visit and for Americans it seems to mean a bullet and a funeral.


I understand that the only solution to the argument that you havent blocked out is more guns and most of the rest of the world find that retarded which is why I simply no longer care about your weekly mass shootings.
June 27th, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
I've read the UK authorities were concerned about the number of Brits being cut up with broken beer mugs & ordered unbreakable beer mugs, now they being beaten to death with the unbreakable mugs.
That's news to me. I'm not sure how you could be beaten to death with plastic disposable mugs.

All bars and pubs I visit still serve beers and drinks in glass. Yes people do get "glassed" (glass beer mug smashed into their face or over their head) but it's not some sort of out of control massacre.
June 27th, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
June 28th, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Another US shooting being reported: https://news.sky.com/story/several-d...he-us-11420269

So George, I guess journalists will now need to arm themselves? In fact, why doesn't everyone just arm themselves. Oh hang on.....
June 29th, 2018  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Another US shooting being reported: https://news.sky.com/story/several-d...he-us-11420269

So George, I guess journalists will now need to arm themselves? In fact, why doesn't everyone just arm themselves. Oh hang on.....
Can't wait for the first mass shooting in a prison, it will be amusing to hear the justification for arming prisoners.
June 29th, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
It also seems the shooter wasn't some kid on Ritalin either George. So you can't use that as the excuse. I eagerly await your analysis.
June 29th, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Can't wait for the first mass shooting in a prison, it will be amusing to hear the justification for arming prisoners.
Probably some bulls**t about being allowed to defend themselves.
 


Similar Topics
Danish police arrest man suspected of links to February 14-15 shootings
Update on Copenhagen shootings in Denmark: Suspect killed
Paris police arrest 12 linked to shootings as Kerry arrives
Suspects sought in shootings of 2 Missouri officers
Firearms Possession discussion (in response to yet another US shooting)