Shooting at UA-Huntsville

Well, he's a student and she picked off her co-workers. And I betcha PMS is gonna be blamed.

In the mean time, I hope he is doing ok.

He's okay. Still in a bit of shock, of course, but okay. The music building where he attends is right across the street from the chemistry building where the shooting occured. And they aren't blaming PMS, although I think I'd be less perturbed by that. She didn't get tenure so she shot up her co-workers. Ridiculous. And now it comes to light that in 1986 she shot and killed her brother. How in the h*** did this psycho become a professor!?!?!?

Here's a link about the 1986 shooting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35372168/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

I saw some footage of her being put into a police car and from what she said she is either nuts or going for an insanity defence.

The more that comes out about her, I just can't for the life of me figure out how in the world she was allowed to be a teacher of any sort, let alone a college professor. Do these people not do background checks??? HELLO!!!!!!! She has "Psycho" written all over her.

People are people no matter where you go. Some good, some bad, all human.
And unless you delve into the finer points of their life history you likely won't know what makes them tick. Unless something like this happens. And then, if you do dig in deep, privacy and confidentiality is an issue. So unless you're willing to break the law, you won't know until it IS too late.

But then consider, you can dig that deep on ten people, and all ten could be just fine, and the severe repurcussions you could face. But the eleventh......?

So much for those who argued that teachers should be permitted to carry weapons at school.

Not really, this is a question of a former killer getting to purchase a weapon.
Unless it was a blackmarket piece.
Either way had the other proffessors been armed maybe, just maybe they could have save a life or two.

Let me restate my stance.
Criminals does not get to have guns.
The general public who are not criminals may.

A tradgedy for RH, hope he comes out of this mentally ok.
Middleschool and then university..nuts.

I went there for 4.5 years and had several friends who knew most of the professors that had been shot. I had never met Dr. Johnson personally, but knew of him through my work with the Boy Scouts while I was there.

Back