Shooting one self in the foot

rock45

They fall behind on so many projects, there taking six years to pick a fighter, they change there minds if the wind blows the wrong direction, a number of there own Flankers aren't flying because HAL management, 17 years to build a light attack aircraft or even pick an engine, etc. Just to land this contract our F/A-18, F-15, and attack helicopters parts will depend on them in some way? Isn't Boeing making enough on the F-22 and future sales on the F-35 plus fifty other projects? Why, why, why, are we doing this for did they sign a contract yet?
:crybaby:

Even the French are laughing at us at this very moment. Now take aim and shoot the other foot.

HAL inks 10-year pact with Boeing
Bangalore, DHNS/Agencies:

In the biggest-ever deal for a public sector defence undertaking, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on Thursday signed a $1-billion manufacturing outsourcing contract with American aerospace major, Boeing, over 10 years...

Under a Memorandum of Understanding signed in the national capital by president and CEO of Boeing Integrated Defence System Jim Albaugh and HAL chairman Ashok K Baweja, the Indian defence PSU will manufacture sub-systems for Boeing’s wide range of fighter planes like F-15, F-18 Super Hornetts and Apache helicopters.

The American company, which is vying for India’s major defence contracts for purchase of 126 multi-role combat aircraft, eight long-range maritime reconnaissance planes, made it clear that the outsourcing was “without any strings”.

Full story
http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Dec212007/scroll2007122142393.asp?section=updatenews

The US lacks the capability to build anything anymore. Not to mention we're too picky now...

Empire State Building- 1 year, 45 days
World Trade Center- 7 Years
WTC II- estimated 9 years
P-51- 148 days to fly, 2 years to enter service
F-22- 4 Years to fly, 18 years to enter service
F-35- 4 years to fly, 15 years to enter service

slow.......

agree

I agree in general with you we are slow but India makes up look fast we just shouldn't go down this route. You do understand the tech involved with the items you mentioned changed a 100 times over. Building a high performance engine for a P-51 (saw one in a air show one of my favorite fighters) compared to a jet engine for an F-15C, is like playing with toy blocks to building motherboard components, it's like night and day. They say we can produce 5 to 8 modern fighters a month, I'll like to believe we could double that but factors are involved. With the right amount of money we could build 20 production lines and produce a 100 jet fighters a month if we wanted too. Basically car and truck companies can't produce jets or jet engines anymore, boy there slacking.:wink:

I agree 110% with the 15 & 18 years way too long, maybe with a World War raging or a very real Cold War, we be able to cut this down a little?
icon12.gif

Back