the shooting has started in my neighborhood:) - Page 4

--
the shooting has started in my neighborhood:)

November 19th, 2008  
Insomniac

I have a low opinion of anyone who dares to shoot at me/my property/my pets with any kind of weapon. And if it ever happened to me, they better hope they never pass in front of my home again because i'd go at them with a sledgehammer.

Barbaric? yes. Stop them from graduating up the weapon scale? yes.

Think like this:
one year the kids are in a gang playing with BB guns, shooting at peoples houses and "defending their turf". Another gang in a neighbouring "hood" hears about this new gang and muscles in with BB guns. The original gang, let's call them 1, is pretty pissed off about this. They realise BB guns aren't going to do f-ck all, so they arm theirselves with a 9mm stole off daddy/random persons home. They then go over to this other gang and shoot a couple.

Where does it stop? Shoot back, end the problem. Post a notice on lampposts though: "Anyone taking shots at any home in this neighbourhood, with any kind of weapon (imitation or otherwise), can expect to recieve return fire in the form of [INSERT CALIBER HERE] from a [INSERT WEAPON HERE]. Please, refrain from shooting at our homes, you're not worth the ammunition costs."
November 19th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
I have a low opinion of anyone who dares to shoot at me/my property/my pets with any kind of weapon. And if it ever happened to me, they better hope they never pass in front of my home again because i'd go at them with a sledgehammer.

Barbaric? yes. Stop them from graduating up the weapon scale? yes.

Think like this:
one year the kids are in a gang playing with BB guns, shooting at peoples houses and "defending their turf". Another gang in a neighbouring "hood" hears about this new gang and muscles in with BB guns. The original gang, let's call them 1, is pretty pissed off about this. They realise BB guns aren't going to do f-ck all, so they arm theirselves with a 9mm stole off daddy/random persons home. They then go over to this other gang and shoot a couple.

Where does it stop? Shoot back, end the problem. Post a notice on lampposts though: "Anyone taking shots at any home in this neighbourhood, with any kind of weapon (imitation or otherwise), can expect to recieve return fire in the form of [INSERT CALIBER HERE] from a [INSERT WEAPON HERE]. Please, refrain from shooting at our homes, you're not worth the ammunition costs."
Yup, huh.

What he said. (This is exactly what I was blabbering about and trying to convey).
November 19th, 2008  
Rob Henderson

So we blow their heads off... Fair enough... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Look, I understand that they hurt animals and they could damage property or even hurt people inside the homes, but good God, to shoot them?! Even wounding is EXTREME! And for the record, YES, I consider 15 years old a child. I still consider myself a child at 18. Now, that's not to excuse them from their behavior, simply to try and put your actions into perspective.
--
November 19th, 2008  
Insomniac

did you read my post rob?

Wolfen's original post stated "they have formed a gang". Now, gangs being what they are, how long until another gang kicks off, and it escalates into real weaponry?

That is the point i was making.
November 19th, 2008  
Cdt Matteo

Amen brother.
November 19th, 2008  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
did you read my post rob?

Wolfen's original post stated "they have formed a gang". Now, gangs being what they are, how long until another gang kicks off, and it escalates into real weaponry?

That is the point i was making.
Yes, I read your post. They have formed a gang... But the funny thing is, they're the SECOND gang. If you read the REST of Wolfen's post, he said it was to combat the gang across the street. Yet they're still using BB guns for now... So nip the GANG problem in the bud, NOT the population problem... Jesus Christ, if every kid with a BB gun that shot at a house was killed, we'd have solved the population crisis... I'd hate to have you guys in charge of government....

Yes, stop them. Yes, talk to the authorities about it. Yes, show off your extensive gun collection, maybe even fire into the ground. But those things are no where NEAR killing... And THAT'S what was being suggested by most of the people on this thread... Prove me wrong... Tell me what is humane about "I'm all for sniping the little sods".

No, the point you were making is that children shooting BBs at a house (almost completely harmless) should be shot and killed. And that, quite frankly, is F**KING stupid.
November 19th, 2008  
MontyB

I think you are over playing the issue, only one or two of them would have to be shot before the others got the message and either up gunned themselves or realised the error of their ways.
November 19th, 2008  
Insomniac

I think i'm going to bail on this argument; i can't think straight.

But for me: returning fire = OK
November 19th, 2008  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think you are over playing the issue, only one or two of them would have to be shot before the others got the message and either up gunned themselves or realised the error of their ways.
I suppose you're right, Monty. It's only a few innocent children's lives that would have to be extinguished for them to get the point... And it's not like the others wouldn't try to "avenge" their friends' deaths...[/sarcasm]

Now, Insomniac... They're shooting with BB guns at your house, so you find it perfectly acceptable to shoot back and kill them?! REALLY?!
November 19th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
I understand that they hurt animals and they could damage property or even hurt people inside the homes, but good God, to shoot them?!
Okay...so an innocent 15yo shooting at a home with a BB gun, say a toddler runs out, gets shot....

The 15 yo is still the innocent victim and should not be shot at?

I can guarantee if someone is shooting at my dog or my children (or anyone in my household) I will shoot to kill.

I don't give a **** if it's a BB gun or an AK. If the shooter is 15 or 54.

They are going to get a lesson in how to behave. If it costs them their lives, so be it. THEY are the ones that started playing with guns in the first place. If they don't want to deal with the return fire then they shouldn't have started shooting.

.....I am not big on the whole, you touch my property thing you die. I would call the cops, and I would be extremely upset, but property damage can be fixed or replaced. Animals and people may not be able to be fixed or replace.