the shooting has started in my neighborhood:)

That's the problem Ted... They don't seem to realize that there is a difference between a BB gun and a .38 caliber rifle... Perhaps we should ask Louis to come explain the difference?

Then leave it to the authorities. Believe it or not, they're trained to handle stuff like this WITHOUT having to just shoot to kill. It's pretty cool stuff. It's called a win win situation. Your life get saved AND his life gets saved. But you'd probably rather see the little punk die. Anybody dumb enough to try and walk out to talk to a 15 year old with a gun is dumb enough to be shot anyway and should not own a weapon to defend himself with in the first place. I have no doubts in my mind that the kids aim sucks and that you would/could kill him no problem, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD. It's a little like Pixie said earlier, property is replaceable, a life is not, and that includes a gangsta's life.

He may have insinuated that you are the bad guy, and I insinuated something similar, but neither he NOR I insinuated that the "gangster" is innocent. I think Ted would agree with me that this kid is FAR from innocent. But he's also JUST as far away from deserving of death. Also, if you would read my earlier posts, I considered 18 still a child, but that's just a tad :eek:fftopic:. There's a difference between being a child and having the naivity of a child though.

Anywho, you're perfectly correct when you say a 5 year old can kill you, I'm not stupid, thanks. But when you don't lock up your guns and keep locks on the guns and keep them unloaded, then you can't say the 5 year old killed you... That was your own stupid fault. Or are you implying that a 5 year old is going to break into daddy's gun rack and pull out his blackpowder and go on a drive by?

Ok which authorities would you have me "leave that to". Would that be the ones scared to pull over a car with a loud radio? or the ones scared to arrest anybody cause they mighht get sued?
as for them dieing, I couldn't care less about them, that would be their parents job, you know the ones that are too busy smokeing crack to give a dam about their kids.

yea a 5 year old acn kill you, but with a little training and discipline a child will NOT touch a wepon unless he's supervised, I have to kids myself one 14 one 10, neither one will even think of touching a wepon unles their at a gun range, which btw neither has ever been near. My point....you trauin a kid NOT to use a gun he won't use a gun. you let a kid run wild, he'll run wild.
My guns are secured until use, and I haveteh key in my pocket at all times, but there are people that just leave them out, and believe it or not a 5 year old can buy a handgun in just about every back alley in America, right next to teh crack table.

Wow, this post has gone really fast all of a sudden. First I'd like to thank Rob for speaking on my behalve. But I am having trouble following the red line in this topic.

It started of with youngster fireing at a house with a BB gun. This grew to a deliberate attack with a .38 from the same sicko. At first it is an act of juvenile behaviour, something I used to do too. The second is an actual attack! And yes I'd return fire if someone lays across the street from my house blasting away with a real rifle. But these are two complete different things and it is comparing apples and peaches.

Another reocurring theme is the "you've got to teach them a lesson..."

A lesson is: An experience, example, or observation that imparts beneficial new knowledge or wisdom.

or

a lesson: To rebuke or reprimand.

In both ways there is no lesson. If you kill them you have had your revenge but the youngster won't benefit from his new found wisdom, because he lays dead on the street.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that stupid, senseless, no-brain actions done by some kids aren't severe enough to shoot them. (I hope that all can agree on this, otherwise this forum would be poorer of a lot of members .) But a psycho kid that starts attacking your home is an imminent danger from which you can defend yourself, by any means. But I do hope that you can see the nuance between the first and the latter?
Wel Ted I agree that a bb gun may not warrent shooting them, but you have to understand that around here a spit wad shooter turns into a firefight usually within 3 hours, they walk down the street se what they want, and go get gubs so thay can take it.

Ok which authorities would you have me "leave that to". Would that be the ones scared to pull over a car with a loud radio? or the ones scared to arrest anybody cause they mighht get sued?
as for them dieing, I couldn't care less about them, that would be their parents job, you know the ones that are too busy smokeing crack to give a dam about their kids.
That's not my problem. I'm sorry the authorities around your town aren't competent enough to handle these kids.

On the second note, you not caring is a bit a shame... Obviously these kids don't have anything left, and you could give a darn about them... It's people like you that bring any faith I have in humanity back down to 0.
wolfen said:
yea a 5 year old acn kill you, but with a little training and discipline a child will NOT touch a wepon unless he's supervised, I have to kids myself one 14 one 10, neither one will even think of touching a wepon unles their at a gun range, which btw neither has ever been near. My point....you trauin a kid NOT to use a gun he won't use a gun. you let a kid run wild, he'll run wild.
My guns are secured until use, and I haveteh key in my pocket at all times, but there are people that just leave them out, and believe it or not a 5 year old can buy a handgun in just about every back alley in America, right next to teh crack table.
You do realize that at 5 years old, a child is still developing basic cognitive skills, right? No 5 year old is going to go buy a handgun next the the crack table. No 5 year old is intelligent nor independent enough to do that. You make it sound like your children are dogs... "I have my kids well trained enough that they don't tough a gun." That's all well and good, but there are those out there with problems. In the words of Mark Twain "Be nice to everyone, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." These kids probably have domestic problems that would make you lose your sanity, and you're going to blow their head off without a second thought because all they are to you is a target. Street rats.

That's not my problem. I'm sorry the authorities around your town aren't competent enough to handle these kids.

On the second note, you not caring is a bit a shame... Obviously these kids don't have anything left, and you could give a darn about them... It's people like you that bring any faith I have in humanity back down to 0.
You do realize that at 5 years old, a child is still developing basic cognitive skills, right? No 5 year old is going to go buy a handgun next the the crack table. No 5 year old is intelligent nor independent enough to do that. You make it sound like your children are dogs... "I have my kids well trained enough that they don't tough a gun." That's all well and good, but there are those out there with problems. In the words of Mark Twain "Be nice to everyone, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." These kids probably have domestic problems that would make you lose your sanity, and you're going to blow their head off without a second thought because all they are to you is a target. Street rats.

I cared once, but theres only so much you can try to do before you stop caring about anybody except your own and friends. We built a park for these kids around here, they burnt it to the ground, they had a rec center, it got vandalized to the point the owners ran away and left it there, its still there, condemned by the city. their was a playground too, was nice until they took the parts they didn't burn for recycling.
There was one kid last year I cared about, he was a good kid, smart, wanted out of the gang his brother was in, wanted a education so he didn't have to live in a place like his mom did, he had a honest job making money, actually saving it for his future, had a girlfriend too she's alone now, he didn't leave her he was shot outside Food Lion for $1.87 when he was getting some food for his mother, he died 3 days later, By the way the kid that shot him, same one that you say I should leave to the police. I honestly hope I never again have to kill anybody, but I will if I have to.

I cared once, but theres only so much you can try to do before you stop caring about anybody except your own and friends. We built a park for these kids around here, they burnt it to the ground, they had a rec center, it got vandalized to the point the owners ran away and left it there, its still there, condemned by the city. their was a playground too, was nice until they took the parts they didn't burn for recycling.
There was one kid last year I cared about, he was a good kid, smart, wanted out of the gang his brother was in, wanted a education so he didn't have to live in a place like his mom did, he had a honest job making money, actually saving it for his future, had a girlfriend too she's alone now, he didn't leave her he was shot outside Food Lion for $1.87 when he was getting some food for his mother, he died 3 days later, By the way the kid that shot him, same one that you say I should leave to the police. I honestly hope I never again have to kill anybody, but I will if I have to.
So the kid has used real weapons before? Then why would he switch back to BB guns? That seems a bit regressive...

Yea I know seems stupid to swap back down to a BB gun to me. but thats the case, only answer I can give to his downgrading is probably a total lack of common sense.
Doesn't matter much as of last night around midnight anyway, turns out our little wanna be street gang got caught in the back yard of the rednecks down the street, these guys are from somewhere in NW Arkansas, thats all they tell anybody, their house is more like a compound/barnyard, but anyway they managed to piss off the old man, I saw a couple of them this morning, and they said nobody needs to worry about these kids much longer, I have no idea what their gonna do, and I really don't even want to know, I've been to places like where their from, its not pretty when you piss off country people from the back woods.

Oh yea he is, these guys have a bunch of dogs.
tel ya the truth after finding this out I actually feel sorry for the kid.

Rob you've never dealt with people from the back woods have you, heres a hint, you cross one of them, you cross all of them. they catch that kid he'll wish either me or the cops had caught him. I've seen stuff in this world I wouldn't wish on a terrorist, these people are some of them, they caught a child molester 2 years ago. Nobody's seen him since.

Yea being vertical is always a good thing, this kid had a real easy way to do that too, all he had to do was stay away from my house and family, now he' better get as far away from here as he can before the deliverance boys get him.

It ain't over, my motherinlaw hasn't sang yet

If he's smart, it over, so far from what I've heard around the neighborhood the rest of the "gang" has disbanded and gone back to playing basketball in the park. If I was them I would NEVER mention ANYTHING to anybopdy about weather or not I was ever in a gang

If a gang disbands that easily, it's not a real gang to begin with. Like I said in the first place, this was just a bunch of teenagers tryin to cause trouble... This was not a gang problem.

Rob one thing about Va beach you need to understand, if a real hardcore gang moved in here, it'd be over, this place couldn't handle it.
What we have here is kids, and adults (over 18) who think if they band together they have protection, and that they can do what they want since the cops here are scared. I simply want to be left alone here to live my life in peace, I don't destroy anybody stuff, and I will defend my stuff from anybody trying to destroy it. 90% of the time though theres no need for even screaming at them, about once every 10 -12 years they get cocky and gear some sort of weapon.

Most of these smaller "gangs" are broken up rather easily but no one has the guts to do anything about it and that's why there are so many of them.

Thats all we have here is the "smaller" gangs and 99% of them are just a bunch of kids headed to the Basketball court, in a group, Va Beach calls that a gang, so when they run into something armed with attitude, the cops here have no idea what to do. We have a few poser gangs of the crips and bloods here, but the only real hard core gang around here is MS13, and I think the neo nazi group is still here too.

Back