the shooting has started in my neighborhood:)

Now, Insomniac... They're shooting with BB guns at your house, so you find it perfectly acceptable to shoot back and kill them?! REALLY?!

Yes. And if i ever did it, i would expect to recieve return fire as well. As i've said previously, if anyone ever did that to my home they better hope i never see them near it again because i'd kill them. My property; touch it and die.

Well Ted I have an idea for you, before you or anybody else assumes I'll have time to think of a better solution in a jail cell, why don't you come on over and watch what they bring into peoples yards and shoot at both dogs and people with next. Last night my neighbor was shot in the leg by a 14 year old with a .38 cal. His dog is now dead. he has a bullet sized hole in his house, barely missing his wifes head.so before you send me to jail, make god dam sure of what your saying, cause I'm telling you here and now, I take no s*** from anybody, if that means jail, then that means jail I don't care, I'm not ending up with one leg or dead cause I think their just innocent little darlings like you do.
By the way this was the same kid that shot at my house, dog, and family using a BB gun, guess while you were defending the little bastard for only using a little BB gun he went and got another

I don't have any issues with that as long as it is on your property, if you have shoot across roads and up streets then I think you become a danger to others at which point I would rely on the police.

But certainly on your property shoot who ya like.

I don't have any issues with that as long as it is on your property, if you have shoot across roads and up streets then I think you become a danger to others at which point I would rely on the police.

But certainly on your property shoot who ya like.

Naaaa, I'm that old, but not that stupid, :)

all I have to do is wait till they fire first standing on my property, and themn they're mine.

Besides if I was to even point a wepon in the direction of my neighbors, they would be pointing back at me :)

GTG4now Wifes back with Wall E, gotta watch this one :)

Well Ted I have an idea for you, before you or anybody else assumes I'll have time to think of a better solution in a jail cell, why don't you come on over and watch what they bring into peoples yards and shoot at both dogs and people with next. Last night my neighbor was shot in the leg by a 14 year old with a .38 cal. His dog is now dead. he has a bullet sized hole in his house, barely missing his wifes head.so before you send me to jail, make god dam sure of what your saying, cause I'm telling you here and now, I take no s*** from anybody, if that means jail, then that means jail I don't care, I'm not ending up with one leg or dead cause I think their just innocent little darlings like you do.
By the way this was the same kid that shot at my house, dog, and family using a BB gun, guess while you were defending the little bastard for only using a little BB gun he went and got another
They should have been stopped before then. I never once said they shouldn't be stopped, just that they shouldn't be killed... I know this isn't directed at me, but I took the same stance as Ted, and I think he would agree with me. We were defending their LIVES not their actions so don't put words in our mouths. We never once said that it was ok to shoot with ANYTHING at ANYTHING/ANYONE. We said that they didn't deserve to DIE for it. Quite honestly, I still don't think they deserve to die... Sure, jail time is an absolute must, but in the immortal words of Rizzo... "There are worse things I could do." Another thing I'd appreciate, this is a public forum, and as such, I'd appreciate it if you would kindly not use the Lords name like that... I'm not one to beat you for saying the word God, but not like that... It's just not cool.

Another thing... Stop putting words in his mouth... He never said they were innocent little darlings, so don't say he did. That's one of my biggest peeves, when people who are arguing something try to say you said something you didn't... It puts HUMONGOUS holes in the argument...

EDIT: I guess I'm just big @$$ hippy and I shouldn't say anything... Pixie, a person does not equal an animal... A person never will equal an animal. Tough life but I don't think so... God didn't make it that way.

People's lives should not be taken for shooting at a house with a BB gun. People's lives should not be taken for injuries... People's lives should be taken for lives. Eye for an eye right? Not eye for a poke in the stomach!

Last edited:
Pixie, a person does not equal an animal... A person never will equal an animal. Tough life but I don't think so... God didn't make it that way.
I totally agree.

I was brought up this way. If the house is on fire one does not go back in to save the animal as one would a human.

However. One does not start a fire and throw an animal in it. (Alive anyways, I do love my steak).

...this is the point I am trying to get across. I love my animals and if anyone was hurting them and I could stop it...I would. One second it would be my cat they were shooting at, the next it could be my [future] child.

(And even if there was no people involved I still wouldn't put up with anyone hurting anything I loved.)

I don't understand how you feel it's okay that one allows them to hurt an animal. Call the cops and let them continue shooting at the animal because the animal doesn't matter as much as they do? Um...this is just where I stand, but if it were my animals...my cat and dog mean more to me than two random 15yo's who are hurting them on purpose.

And I would defend them.

i say;

Shoot back. if you hit them, they're not coming back. if you KILL them, they'll NEVER come back.

I believe shooting back it better, but me gots a better idea.

Say they start shooting at your house; Run out side right beside them, rifle or shotgun loaded. **** your weapon and let them hear the cold noise. If they came in a car, put some nice holes in the car. Let the s... their pants. Make it terryfing and scar them for life.

However. One does not start a fire and throw an animal in it. (Alive anyways, I do love my steak).

...this is the point I am trying to get across. I love my animals and if anyone was hurting them and I could stop it...I would. One second it would be my cat they were shooting at, the next it could be my [future] child.

(And even if there was no people involved I still wouldn't put up with anyone hurting anything I loved.)

I don't understand how you feel it's okay that one allows them to hurt an animal. Call the cops and let them continue shooting at the animal because the animal doesn't matter as much as they do? Um...this is just where I stand, but if it were my animals...my cat and dog mean more to me than two random 15yo's who are hurting them on purpose.

And I would defend them.
You'll notice I NEVER CONDONED them hurting the animals... I never once said "Shoot the dog, who gives a darn" or anything close to that. I said that they need to be stopped, but that they shouldn't be killed for hurting the dogs. I don't see how you all can make the justification that "Well he shot mah dog, so I blew his head all over thuh GD pavement." That's ridiculously barbaric, primal, and quite frankly, scary! I've said this plenty of times, but it's like you're not reading my posts... Shoot into the ground, sneak behind em and load your shotgun, whatever, but do NOT shoot at them or near them or their cars.

Insomniac, it's extremely unnerving that you consider these children justifiable targets for execution. I'm not going to fight with you any more, because it seems that your primal way of thinking cannot grasp the concept that there are more important things than YOUR property. Just because YOUR property is being shot at(with the BB gun... After the real .38, it's your discretion) does not give you the right to kill someone. And it's really incredible that you think it does.

These "children" are justifiable targets the second they turn up on your property armed and with intent to do damage.
When they move off of their own property onto public land they become a law enforcement issue but the second they step onto my property they become a threat at which time they are fair game.

While I am a huge fan of firearms restrictions in public I am an even bigger big fan of "Castle" laws.

I don't see how you all can make the justification that "Well he shot mah dog, so I blew his head all over thuh GD pavement."
You know what is scary to me...when a man (or woman) doesn't defend the thing he loves.

When, if ever, do you justify defending something?

Your dog: (We already know you've answered a big "NO" to this one).
Your child:
Your spouse:
Yourself:

Also, you said in a previous post, a life for a life. So...if your [future] daughter was being raped, it's not grounds to kill the person because they didn't kill.

Now...granted, we are not talking about humans, we are talking about pets. Some people don't feel strongly about their pets, which is something I personally do not understand. I am just trying to get a feel for when you think it is alright to start defending something.

You know what is scary to me...when a man (or woman) doesn't defend the thing he loves.

When, if ever, do you justify defending something?

Your dog: (We already know you've answered a big "NO" to this one).
Your child:Uhm, duh.
Your spouse: Uhm, duh.
Yourself: Depends on what's happening...
pixiedustboo said:
Also, you said in a previous post, a life for a life. So...if your [future] daughter was being raped, it's not grounds to kill the person because they didn't kill.

Now...granted, we are not talking about humans, we are talking about pets. Some people don't feel strongly about their pets, which is something I personally do not understand. I am just trying to get a feel for when you think it is alright to start defending something.
Uhm, pixie... I don't know about you, but rape is, in my humble opinion, WORSE than murder, so yes, it IS grounds for killing. I feel very strongly for my pet... I've only cried a few times in my entire life, and one of the times was after my first dog had died. There's a HUGE difference between defending something appropriately and overreacting to something that angers you.

Monty, a BB gun isn't going to do anything unless you hit a window or have a glass house. Now, once I found out they had escalated to real weapons, the situation changed... Anybody with a real GUN on my property is going to get a warning shot into the dirt. That's all... I'm not going to blow his head off unless I have to... I don't know about the rest of yall(well, actually I do)but I have a LITTLE more respect for human life than that.

Last edited:
They should have been stopped before then. I never once said they shouldn't be stopped, just that they shouldn't be killed... I know this isn't directed at me, but I took the same stance as Ted, and I think he would agree with me. We were defending their LIVES not their actions so don't put words in our mouths. We never once said that it was ok to shoot with ANYTHING at ANYTHING/ANYONE. We said that they didn't deserve to DIE for it. Quite honestly, I still don't think they deserve to die... Sure, jail time is an absolute must, but in the immortal words of Rizzo... "There are worse things I could do." Another thing I'd appreciate, this is a public forum, and as such, I'd appreciate it if you would kindly not use the Lords name like that... I'm not one to beat you for saying the word God, but not like that... It's just not cool.

Another thing... Stop putting words in his mouth... He never said they were innocent little darlings, so don't say he did. That's one of my biggest peeves, when people who are arguing something try to say you said something you didn't... It puts HUMONGOUS holes in the argument...

EDIT: I guess I'm just big @$$ hippy and I shouldn't say anything... Pixie, a person does not equal an animal... A person never will equal an animal. Tough life but I don't think so... God didn't make it that way.

People's lives should not be taken for shooting at a house with a BB gun. People's lives should not be taken for injuries... People's lives should be taken for lives. Eye for an eye right? Not eye for a poke in the stomach!

Ok you say they should be stopped but not killed, I have a proposition for you, why don't you come down here look at a 15 year old with a .38 and say stop shooting while your empty handed, just keep in mind that the 15 year old has no respect for you or anybody else, not even himself, and is trying to kill something just cause he can.
Personally I'll be returning fire, if I'm a better aim than he is then its his loss.
and if its either me or him, like the old saying goes, better him, than me.

and as for little darlings, granted he didn't say it, but he is sure as hell insinuateing that I'm the bad guy fro defending my life and property, while the little ganster is a inocent just cause he's under 18. Heres a news flash, a 5 year old can kill you, gonna not shoot at him when he starts bounceing bullets off your head?

i say;

Shoot back. if you hit them, they're not coming back. if you KILL them, they'll NEVER come back.

I like that idea. Should I use #4 or buck shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok you say they should be stopped but not killed, I have a proposition for you, why don't you come down here look at a 15 year old with a .38 and say stop shooting while your empty handed, just keep in mind that the 15 year old has no respect for you or anybody else, not even himself, and is trying to kill something just cause he can.
Personally I'll be returning fire, if I'm a better aim than he is then its his loss.
and if its either me or him, like the old saying goes, better him, than me.

and as for little darlings, granted he didn't say it, but he is sure as hell insinuateing that I'm the bad guy fro defending my life and property, while the little ganster is a inocent just cause he's under 18. Heres a news flash, a 5 year old can kill you, gonna not shoot at him when he starts bounceing bullets off your head?
Then leave it to the authorities. Believe it or not, they're trained to handle stuff like this WITHOUT having to just shoot to kill. It's pretty cool stuff. It's called a win win situation. Your life get saved AND his life gets saved. But you'd probably rather see the little punk die. Anybody dumb enough to try and walk out to talk to a 15 year old with a gun is dumb enough to be shot anyway and should not own a weapon to defend himself with in the first place. I have no doubts in my mind that the kids aim sucks and that you would/could kill him no problem, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD. It's a little like Pixie said earlier, property is replaceable, a life is not, and that includes a gangsta's life.

He may have insinuated that you are the bad guy, and I insinuated something similar, but neither he NOR I insinuated that the "gangster" is innocent. I think Ted would agree with me that this kid is FAR from innocent. But he's also JUST as far away from deserving of death. Also, if you would read my earlier posts, I considered 18 still a child, but that's just a tad :eek:fftopic:. There's a difference between being a child and having the naivity of a child though.

Anywho, you're perfectly correct when you say a 5 year old can kill you, I'm not stupid, thanks. But when you don't lock up your guns and keep locks on the guns and keep them unloaded, then you can't say the 5 year old killed you... That was your own stupid fault. Or are you implying that a 5 year old is going to break into daddy's gun rack and pull out his blackpowder and go on a drive by?

I really disagree, said 15 year old seems to have already graduated from BB gun to 38, shot someone and their dog and almost hit a person inside the house, by all means call the police and get them to sort it out but I wouldn't hesitate in taking a shot at this "kid" if he set foot on my property as he is clearly dangerous.

My first instinctive reaction to someone coming onto my property with a .38 is not "Ready Aim Fire"... It's more along the lines of "WTF mate!? Let's call the police and keep an eye on him." Now, when he fires AT you or enters the home... Light 'em up.

Wow, this post has gone really fast all of a sudden. First I'd like to thank Rob for speaking on my behalve. But I am having trouble following the red line in this topic.

It started of with youngster fireing at a house with a BB gun. This grew to a deliberate attack with a .38 from the same sicko. At first it is an act of juvenile behaviour, something I used to do too. The second is an actual attack! And yes I'd return fire if someone lays across the street from my house blasting away with a real rifle. But these are two complete different things and it is comparing apples and peaches.

Another reocurring theme is the "you've got to teach them a lesson..."

A lesson is: An experience, example, or observation that imparts beneficial new knowledge or wisdom.

or

a lesson: To rebuke or reprimand.

In both ways there is no lesson. If you kill them you have had your revenge but the youngster won't benefit from his new found wisdom, because he lays dead on the street.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that stupid, senseless, no-brain actions done by some kids aren't severe enough to shoot them. (I hope that all can agree on this, otherwise this forum would be poorer of a lot of members .) But a psycho kid that starts attacking your home is an imminent danger from which you can defend yourself, by any means. But I do hope that you can see the nuance between the first and the latter?

Back