the shooting has started in my neighborhood:)

Hm I read this when it was first posted, and i'm sure i read that the kids were shooting at the OP's DOG, and that the OP is a vet who has seen people get shot up by kids.

I'm all for sniping the little sods, personally. Yes, i'd spent time in jail, but i'd just say i heard the shots hitting the window, had a flashback, grabbed the nearest gun and started shooting out of the window.

I think the kids should get shot. they'd then learn you don't f*cking shoot at someone's f*cking property with something designed to kill/damage. Make no bones about it, BB guns ARE designed to kill things. Why do you think they have warnings stating "do not aim at face/animals"? because they will kill the animal/may kill or seriously injure the person. So, Wolfen, you have my full backing if you so happen to take the kid's heads off their shoulders.

And that includes me if i ever shoot at someone's home. but you better kill me with the first shot.

Holy crap... The barbaric feel of this entire thread SHOCKS ME. They're kids. They're not serious killers... You want serious killers, go to LA, or Detroit. These kids do NOT deserve to be killed for what they're doing. That's assault at most in my opinion. There's something seriously wrong with yall if you honestly think that kids deserve to die for BB guns to a house. Now, they should be severely reprimanded for shooting, but they don't deserve their head to be "taken off their shoulders." It really scares me that you all think that... BB guns kill small animals, not dogs, unless you're at close range. They'll hurt you, but they won't kill you, again, unless you're extremely close and have a powerful weapon to begin with.

Let me get this straight. A kid shoots at your house and dog with a bb gun and you reckon it is a fair trade with taking his life?? Better yet; you gotta do watcha gotta do..... Shoot him?! Are you serious?
Some here are people who have been around and this is the best solution you can come up with; shooting the kid? If so, I hope you spend a few years thinking of a better solution in a penitentiary institution
One year it's a BB gun, the next they are in a gang shooting at people.

Any person that gets off hurting an animal is a POC in my opinion. The next step is getting off hurting humans.

Interesting... Well, I've hurt animals before... I've even killed one. Does that make me worthy of dying?!
Shooting deer, hitting an animal on the road...that isn't the same as getting off to hurting one on purpose.

And I don't agree with shooting to kill. I mean, I guess it would get rid of the problem early, but maybe just a shoot-to-wound would get the ball rolling in the right direction. Maybe if I kid has to go through surgery and PT he might wise up and change his ways.

Shooting deer, hitting an animal on the road...that isn't the same as getting off to hurting one on purpose.

And I don't agree with shooting to kill. I mean, I guess it would get rid of the problem early, but maybe just a shoot-to-wound would get the ball rolling in the right direction. Maybe if I kid has to go through surgery and PT he might wise up and change his ways.

Who the hell shoots to wound?

One year it's a BB gun, the next they are in a gang shooting at people.

Any person that gets off hurting an animal is a POC in my opinion. The next step is getting off hurting humans.

This makes as much sense as saying: anyone who smokes a joint will end up doing heroine. Thereby become thieving bastards that even rip off their own mother.... Development isn't a linear process! You don't start at point a and automatically end up at point z. If the statement about weed would be true, my country would be some third world predatory state. Since our GNP per capita is almost equal to yours, it would suggest that this is not so.

Kids shooting a bb gun at a house (not a person) do that out of boredom. Hell, they have got nothing better to do or they have seen some video on Youtube, where others did that. It is done out of not-thinking, boredom or something along that line. They aren't gang banger-to-be, practicing their killing skills. If they would want to do that they'd use proper guns, since these are as easy to get as a pot of peanut butter.

The funny thing is that I know kids that do such things. They think they're all bad by going to another kids house (presumively a nerd's house, quiet townhouse), popping the window a few times with a BB pistol. They scare the crap out of the families and terrorize the kids.

I recently got into an argument with them, they threatend to do the same to me. I tell them them about my 30-30 winchester 94, and what a 30-30 round would do to you, our 8 of them flying your way since it`s a lever action. I haven`t since been bothered.

In the end, don`t bother with killing them, it`s much more fun scaring the crap out of them. If they come near, take a shot at the ground, let them hear the loud bang, maybe put a few holes in their car, watch their so called manlyhood disapear when they`re cowering in fear. If you can sneak up on them, as they aim for your window, go right beside them and **** your shotgun, I doubt they`ll fire.

Pixie, I've never seen you like this... Shooting a person is a CRIME!!! Shooting a CHILD is worse!!! This is insane! Have yall gone off yer rockers?! These are kids we're talking about. Like Ted said, kids that were probably just bored, or saw something on TV or youtube... Anyway, the other point Ted already made, shooting a BB gun does not automatically make you a vicious, raping, cold-blooded killer.

Guys, I ask you to please take a minute and think about this... It's a bunch of kids running around with BB guns trying to act tough... Do they deserve their heads blown off? Do they deserve the risk of never walking again from a gunshot wound to the knee or something worse? Do they really deserve to be SHOT at all? Or do they deserve maybe a shot into the ground, or perhaps brandishing of a REAL weapon?

At the most, I'll take what Matteo said... Scare the ever living crap out of them, and they'll not bother you again. Do NOT fire at them, or their cars really...

LOL Monty...Okay, okay.

Pixie, I've never seen you like this... Shooting a person is a CRIME!!! Shooting a CHILD is worse!!! This is insane! Have yall gone off yer rockers?! These are kids we're talking about. Like Ted said, kids that were probably just bored, or saw something on TV or youtube... Anyway, the other point Ted already made, shooting a BB gun does not automatically make you a vicious, raping, cold-blooded killer.

Guys, I ask you to please take a minute and think about this... It's a bunch of kids running around with BB guns trying to act tough... Do they deserve their heads blown off? Do they deserve the risk of never walking again from a gunshot wound to the knee or something worse? Do they really deserve to be SHOT at all? Or do they deserve maybe a shot into the ground, or perhaps brandishing of a REAL weapon?

At the most, I'll take what Matteo said... Scare the ever living crap out of them, and they'll not bother you again. Do NOT fire at them, or their cars really...
Depends the age of the 'child.' Is a 15y/o that shoots at a dog to hurt them a child?

Not in my opinion.

And I didn't say they deserved their heads blown off. Maybe just a little boo-boo.

God help us if they see this video on YouTube;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxZXKsJdGU

It wouldn't be really their fault eh? They saw it on YouTube afterall. And they are just 15-16 year old children.

(Yes, it's supposed to be the extreme. You are right Ted, maybe not everyone who starts illegal drugs like weed will go to the harder illegal drugs like heroine, but it happens, and it happens a lot. That is why weed is called the gateway drug). ...but sorry, off on a tangent, we really aren't talking about drugs or rape here.

.......................I have a very low opinion, no matter the age, of anyone who tortures animals and gets off on that. ................................

I have a low opinion of anyone who dares to shoot at me/my property/my pets with any kind of weapon. And if it ever happened to me, they better hope they never pass in front of my home again because i'd go at them with a sledgehammer.

Barbaric? yes. Stop them from graduating up the weapon scale? yes.

Think like this:
one year the kids are in a gang playing with BB guns, shooting at peoples houses and "defending their turf". Another gang in a neighbouring "hood" hears about this new gang and muscles in with BB guns. The original gang, let's call them 1, is pretty pissed off about this. They realise BB guns aren't going to do f-ck all, so they arm theirselves with a 9mm stole off daddy/random persons home. They then go over to this other gang and shoot a couple.

Where does it stop? Shoot back, end the problem. Post a notice on lampposts though: "Anyone taking shots at any home in this neighbourhood, with any kind of weapon (imitation or otherwise), can expect to recieve return fire in the form of [INSERT CALIBER HERE] from a [INSERT WEAPON HERE]. Please, refrain from shooting at our homes, you're not worth the ammunition costs."

I have a low opinion of anyone who dares to shoot at me/my property/my pets with any kind of weapon. And if it ever happened to me, they better hope they never pass in front of my home again because i'd go at them with a sledgehammer.

Barbaric? yes. Stop them from graduating up the weapon scale? yes.

Think like this:
one year the kids are in a gang playing with BB guns, shooting at peoples houses and "defending their turf". Another gang in a neighbouring "hood" hears about this new gang and muscles in with BB guns. The original gang, let's call them 1, is pretty pissed off about this. They realise BB guns aren't going to do f-ck all, so they arm theirselves with a 9mm stole off daddy/random persons home. They then go over to this other gang and shoot a couple.

Where does it stop? Shoot back, end the problem. Post a notice on lampposts though: "Anyone taking shots at any home in this neighbourhood, with any kind of weapon (imitation or otherwise), can expect to recieve return fire in the form of [INSERT CALIBER HERE] from a [INSERT WEAPON HERE]. Please, refrain from shooting at our homes, you're not worth the ammunition costs."
Yup, huh.

What he said. (This is exactly what I was blabbering about and trying to convey).

So we blow their heads off... Fair enough... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Look, I understand that they hurt animals and they could damage property or even hurt people inside the homes, but good God, to shoot them?! Even wounding is EXTREME! And for the record, YES, I consider 15 years old a child. I still consider myself a child at 18. Now, that's not to excuse them from their behavior, simply to try and put your actions into perspective.

Last edited:
did you read my post rob?

Wolfen's original post stated "they have formed a gang". Now, gangs being what they are, how long until another gang kicks off, and it escalates into real weaponry?

That is the point i was making.

did you read my post rob?

Wolfen's original post stated "they have formed a gang". Now, gangs being what they are, how long until another gang kicks off, and it escalates into real weaponry?

That is the point i was making.
Yes, I read your post. They have formed a gang... But the funny thing is, they're the SECOND gang. If you read the REST of Wolfen's post, he said it was to combat the gang across the street. Yet they're still using BB guns for now... So nip the GANG problem in the bud, NOT the population problem... Jesus Christ, if every kid with a BB gun that shot at a house was killed, we'd have solved the population crisis... I'd hate to have you guys in charge of government....

Yes, stop them. Yes, talk to the authorities about it. Yes, show off your extensive gun collection, maybe even fire into the ground. But those things are no where NEAR killing... And THAT'S what was being suggested by most of the people on this thread... Prove me wrong... Tell me what is humane about "I'm all for sniping the little sods".

No, the point you were making is that children shooting BBs at a house (almost completely harmless) should be shot and killed. And that, quite frankly, is F**KING stupid.

Last edited:
I think you are over playing the issue, only one or two of them would have to be shot before the others got the message and either up gunned themselves or realised the error of their ways.

I think you are over playing the issue, only one or two of them would have to be shot before the others got the message and either up gunned themselves or realised the error of their ways.
I suppose you're right, Monty. It's only a few innocent children's lives that would have to be extinguished for them to get the point... And it's not like the others wouldn't try to "avenge" their friends' deaths...[/sarcasm]

Now, Insomniac... They're shooting with BB guns at your house, so you find it perfectly acceptable to shoot back and kill them?! REALLY?!

I understand that they hurt animals and they could damage property or even hurt people inside the homes, but good God, to shoot them?!

Okay...so an innocent 15yo shooting at a home with a BB gun, say a toddler runs out, gets shot....

The 15 yo is still the innocent victim and should not be shot at?

I can guarantee if someone is shooting at my dog or my children (or anyone in my household) I will shoot to kill.

I don't give a **** if it's a BB gun or an AK. If the shooter is 15 or 54.

They are going to get a lesson in how to behave. If it costs them their lives, so be it. THEY are the ones that started playing with guns in the first place. If they don't want to deal with the return fire then they shouldn't have started shooting.

.....I am not big on the whole, you touch my property thing you die. I would call the cops, and I would be extremely upset, but property damage can be fixed or replaced. Animals and people may not be able to be fixed or replace.

Back