Shooter (2007)

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Watched Shooter last night with my wife and both of us thought it was a very good movie.
It's not your average action movie.
You won't like it if you don't believe in conspiracies though.

I've seen this movie. It's kinda cool. lol...Shoot at 9,000 yards. That's impossible. lol

America bashing movie... saw it on airplane while travelling from Colorado to Canada 1 month ago.

Didnt like it!

Though it's fiction, there is *some* truth in it. Not really specifics but the ideas.
Phoenix, sometimes you have to accept that our side isn't always squeaky clean. Doesn't mean I'll be working for the other side or anything but no matter what organization you're in, there's always some foul play going on with some bad people in high places.
Is it possible that a large company does foul stuff overseas and wants a few lives taken to silence it? Of course it's completely possible. This is one of the issues with PMCs and the such... the fact that you can have high level military expertise without going through the checks and balances thing and without accountability.
You'll be amazed at what little things people kill each other for.
I can't tell you specifics but I know some people who've actually been close (I won't tell you any more) to those kinds of things and believe me, if you do something to cross those people high up, your ass can be a part of the south west corner of the foundation cement in the brand new warehouse in the outskirt of town.

I understand and agree to a certain point. But it is terrible to see how people in the film industry make movies based on conspiracy theories to earn money.

I am just fed up with the level of dishonest anti-americanism in the media and in the movies.

I understand and agree to a certain point. But it is terrible to see how people in the film industry make movies based on conspiracy theories to earn money.

I am just fed up with the level of dishonest anti-americanism in the media and in the movies.

seriously man, conspiracy has ALWAYS been fodder for movies, books and TV.

the original Manchurian candidate would be a great example

movies are entertainment, not everything has an agenda.

seriously man, conspiracy has ALWAYS been fodder for movies, books and TV.

the original Manchurian candidate would be a great example

movies are entertainment, not everything has an agenda.

And sometimes SOME of the conspiracies turn out to be true. All countries have a 'dirty tricks' department.

For example, recently released documents showed the FBI was spying on the civil rights movement during the 1960-1970s. There were FBI files on people like MLK, Malcom X, and even celebrities like John Lennon.

Furthermore there are 'rogue' elements within the government. Government officials working without the knowledge or consent of the main body, Iran-Contra crisis for example.

Even Shakespear and Dickens wrote about conspiracies and nafarious plots within government. Just read 'Hamlet' or a 'Tale of Two Cities'.

Last edited:
I read the book and from what I hear about the movie, there was a better explanation of what was going on with the characters. More information was written about the early days of bench shooting which was an art practiced by only a few experts. The evolution of weapons and ammunition was very detailed, more than could be put into a movie.

Better read the book if you want to enjoy a great story. I buy a lot of used books online for literally a dollar or less and resell them when finished reading.

"The evolution of weapons and ammunition was very detailed..."

Then it starts getting a little confusing for us civilian folk. I know when I read some books, if the weaponry starts getting too technical, I lose interest because I don't understand whats going on...

I enjoyed the book, and though the movie paled in comparison (to be expected) it was still good nonetheless. Action scenes were fun, and well thought out.

"The evolution of weapons and ammunition was very detailed..."

Then it starts getting a little confusing for us civilian folk. I know when I read some books, if the weaponry starts getting too technical, I lose interest because I don't understand whats going on...

C/1Lt, I guess I should have elaborated a little on that part. In the `40s and `50s, there was a small group of people who made a study of the fine art of 1000+ yard shooting using a bench rest. They developed cartridges and loads capable of such distances and that led to the design of heavier, more accurate barrels. Each rifle was unique to the designer such as the optics and stock.

That part of the book was needed to explain how the sport demonstrated a need for specialized sniper training and equipment development.

C/1Lt, I guess I should have elaborated a little on that part. In the `40s and `50s, there was a small group of people who made a study of the fine art of 1000+ yard shooting using a bench rest. They developed cartridges and loads capable of such distances and that led to the design of heavier, more accurate barrels. Each rifle was unique to the designer such as the optics and stock.

That part of the book was needed to explain how the sport demonstrated a need for specialized sniper training and equipment development.
Oh right right. Gotcha. Well, that does make a little bit clearer.

Back