Shocking Revelation: USNA is run by the USN

WOW. You should really read the entire article.

The midshipmans family even tries to withdraw him from the academy, without consulting him.

Wow!!!!! A whole family didn't know that the United States Naval Academy was affiliated with the get this...the United States Navy...... Wow!!!!!

I bet they all have a lost look on their mugs now.

Then again they probably had lost looks before.

Wow!!!!! I'm dumbfounded course the Middies family can keep me company in that regard.

Holy crap! Does this extend to other nations as well? Does that mean that because I'm at the Royal Military College of Canada, that I'll have to serve in the Canadian Forces? Oh no!

Amazing how some people don't exactly click in right away.

It sounds as though the son, you know the one who actually chose to attend the Academy knew what he was doing. It was just that "smart" Columbia girl and her mother.

Why does the media always have to ruin everything? But it is strange, military academies, turning students into officers, and educating them. It's odd I know!

Why does the media always have to ruin everything? But it is strange, military academies, turning students into officers, and educating them. It's odd I know!

This wasn't exactly the "media". It was written by a (not very bright) university student for a (now very shamed) university newspaper. But I guess those pesky reporters have to start somewhere. ;)

After further analysis, I've come to a startling OBVIOUS conclusion. The writer of this article is a hippie -- that naive and mentally challenged segment of human society that believes that "all that is military is evil."
he appeared unsure about whether he wanted to choose Navy or University of California, Berkeley
Yep, the lad had a choice there. Go to Berkley and learn to become a hippie (I swear that University is just notorious for that), or ... go to the US Naval Academy and become a man. This man's brother chose to become a man and for some reason tihs upsets him.

My brother ended up liking Annapolis and he has decided to stay. While it has been difficult for me to accept that I have a brother in the military, I must allow him to pursue whatever path he is drawn toward, and he has admitted to me that he feels called to being there. However, for anyone else out there considering a career in the academy, let it be known: the U.S. Naval Academy is not an elite college; it is first and foremost a branch of the U.S. military
Just for good measure, I bolded a few choice statements that make this author's hatred of the military obvious. And yet in true hippie fashion, he accepts absolutely anything that his brother chooses to do in life.

I'm truly shocked that any human being could be this naive. And no, it's not a big lie. If you are a Naval Academy graduate, you are a very very attractive prospect for a lot of jobs out there.:bang:

Another news flash: Dog training classes actually try to get your dog to do things that your dog might not want to do. OH THE SCANDAL!!!

So that's what the Royal Military College Duntroon was all about.... There I was thinking I was doing an MbA when in fact I was learning to be a platoon commander. Boy did I feel silly when I graduated, and you should have seen my parents faces, they thought I was at Med School.

Back