Shocking news for Libs!

Thanks for making this distinction, but the article shows no difference between rich and wealthy. The two are quite different.

Richard's personal definition of wealth:

The ability to smile through any issue, any problem, any setback and recover. Money helps, but it doesn't take money. All it really takes is an attitude of thankfulness of what you do have versus an attitude of resentment of what you do not have.

If you can fill your heart with that, then wealth is your quality of life. The last time I checked, a Mercedes didn't offer that piece of mind.

Here in the United States. Congress has ALWAYS said that you are "rich" if you make more than they do. So if you make more than a senator then you are an evil exploiter and should be punished. Of course that is not counting the money you brought with you when you bought the election.

What has always puzzled me is the number of rich liberals. Of course these people have always been of the "do as I say, not as I do" persuasion. But why all this discussion of the rich? It is a well known and time honored fact that the middle class pays for everything.

What has always puzzled me is the number of rich liberals. Of course these people have always been of the "do as I say, not as I do" persuasion. But why all this discussion of the rich? It is a well known and time honored fact that the middle class pays for everything.

It is not that surprising when politics is the profession of hypocracy, I don't often quote Winston Churchill but in this case "Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party. ~Winston Churchill"

What is actually the point of this thread? That liberals get shocked if you have more than a million dollars, euro's or yen and republicans get shocked past 5 million?

My guess is that this is a lame attempt to try and make us not want to reinstate higher taxes on millionaires. That's what the title of the thread says to me.

Shocking news for American liberals-
Claiming to be a democrat does not qualify as a disability! Mental impairment, perhaps.... :jump:

Shocking news for American liberals-
Claiming to be a democrat does not qualify as a disability! Mental impairment, perhaps.... :jump:

Yeah, as opposed to the "smart" conservatives like George W Bush, Christine O'Donnell, Dan Quayle, Michelle Bachmann and of course the real Albert Einstein of the far-right...Sarah Palin. Just to mention a few of the "geniuses" produced by the right wing.

We stand in awe of your intellectual acumen. :shock:

While liberals are far from perfect, I'd be very careful who you'd be calling "stupid" because the present batch of conservatives Republicans in politics make the liberal Democrats look like NASA Rocket Scientists by comparison.

Trust me, you want to drop it. This is not a comparison you want to be making, not in todays political arena.

Last edited:
Yeah, as opposed to the "smart" conservatives like George W Bush, Christine O'Donnell, Dan Quayle, Michelle Bachmann and of course the real Albert Einstein of the far-right...Sarah Palin. Just to mention a few of the "geniuses" produced by the right wing.

We stand in awe of your intellectual acumen. :shock:

While liberals are far from perfect, I'd be very careful who you'd be calling "stupid" because the present batch of conservatives Republicans in politics make the liberal Democrats look like NASA Rocket Scientists by comparison.

Trust me, you want to drop it. This is not a comparison you want to be making, not in todays political arena.
Obama w/o a telepromper doesn't sound any brighter than Bush. O'Donnell was right about Church & State, Quayle is ancient history but no worse than Biden, Bachmann what's the problem? Sarah Palin-still had more expierience than the over his head Community Organizer did. Still amazing how Libs attack Palin's qualification after nominating Obama.

Last edited:
Obama w/o a telepromper doesn't sound any brighter than Bush. O'Donnell was right about Church & State, Quayle is ancient history but no worse than Biden, Bachmann what's the problem? Sarah Palin-still had more expierience than the over his head Community Organizer did. Still amazing how Libs attack Palin's qualification after nominating Obama.

Oh please George name a president that never used a teleprompter since they were invented? Even Saint Ronnie used one, that the right likes to cackle on about this and it means absolutely zilch. Its not even a non-issue, its just a stupid issue.

You really think Obama speaks like Bush? The fact is Bush used a teleprompter too and still sounded like a hillbilly. You may disagree with Obama's policies but there is little doubt he is an eloquent speaker. Even most intellectual conservatives that LOATH Obama would concede this part, even the TP admits it (in a derogatory way).

Quayle might be ancient history to you. But for me it was the start of when the GOP started to judge nominees for looks and charms rather than intelligence. And your Biden response is simple a "well you too" response. Biden has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth, but that demonstrates a quick tongue not a dull-witted mind. You know why Quayle was VP, because he was good looking and would appeal to younger people. Thats was his only qualification. There were plenty of smarter, better qualified people

Whats the problem with Bachmann? You mean other than the fact she knows nothing about US History, US Civics, claims God communicates with her directly, and is a notorious conspiracy theorist? I guess nothing now that you mention it. She such a loose cannon, even her own party cannot control her.

O'Donnell was right? Says who? not the constitution George. Not in the private letters of both Adams and Jefferson who said precisely the opposite (one of the rare things they agreed on).

Palin has more experience than Obama maybe in dishonesty and self promotion but not in politics. Mayor of a tiny town of a tiny state and less than half a term as governor which proved too tough for her. Versus Obama, a constitutional law lecturer and scholar, 10 years as a state senator, 4 years as a US senator and 3 years as POTUS. Not even a contest. The woman criticized Obama for using a teleprompter (like its a bad thing) and then gets caught reading crib notes on her hand. Stupid and hypocritical.

It isn't amazing George, it obvious. Obama is STILL better qualified than Palin. Palin couldn't even hack it as Governor remember? She QUIT halfway through her fist term! Most people in the Republican party don't think shes qualified. And she would almost certainly lose to Obama.

George, if you want the country to stop thinking the the GOP isn't a bunch of dunces, then you had better start nominating better qualified people. As long as you keep the Bachman's, Palin's and the rest in the party you are going to get ridiculed.

Last edited:
Whats the problem with Bachmann? You mean other than the fact she knows nothing about US History, US Civics, claims God communicates with her directly, and is a notorious conspiracy theorist? I guess nothing know that you mention it. She such a loose cannon, even her own party cannot control her.

Sounds like George W in a dress?
However I am going to disagree with you that Obama sounds eloquent, he throws out way to many "umms" and "ahhs" to be considered eloquent he certainly has a functioning vocabulary but he is not a great speaker by any stretch of the imagination.

Sounds like George W in a dress?
However I am going to disagree with you that Obama sounds eloquent, he throws out way to many "umms" and "ahhs" to be considered eloquent he certainly has a functioning vocabulary but he is not a great speaker by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with that in part. I guess I should have said Charismatic speaker. Obama is much less eloquent when hes not reading a prepared speech. However he can still argue his point correctly and unscripted without driving off a cliff. The trouble with the Palin's, Bachman's, etc is the moment they get off script the disaster occurs like Palin's Katie Couric interview.

There are plenty of smart conservatives, but thats just it, very few of the smart ones run for public office not when there is much more money to be made in the public sector. Unfortunately this means that only the dregs are left over. Small minded, self-centered and mean spirited people who couldn't make it in the private sector.

And Ultimately this is why I am sure Obama is going to be reelected. Not because hes a great president, but because hes the lesser of two evils.

I agree with that in part. I guess I should have said Charismatic speaker. Obama is much less eloquent when hes not reading a prepared speech. However he can still argue his point correctly and unscripted without driving off a cliff. The trouble with the Palin's, Bachman's, etc is the moment they get off script the disaster occurs like Palin's Katie Couric interview.

There are plenty of smart conservatives, but thats just it, very few of the smart ones run for public office not when there is much more money to be made in the public sector. Unfortunately this means that only the dregs are left over. Small minded, self-centered and mean spirited people who couldn't make it in the private sector.

And Ultimately this is why I am sure Obama is going to be reelected. Not because hes a great president, but because hes the lesser of two evils.

I wouldn't even consider him charismatic, he bores me to tears there is no doubt in my mind that he is intelligent which is what made the contrast with GWB so stark.

I wouldn't even consider him charismatic, he bores me to tears there is no doubt in my mind that he is intelligent which is what made the contrast with GWB so stark.

To each his own then. Not me, I think hes a very good public speaker. I just disagree with him thats all. Bush speeches made me feel like I was watching "the Beverley Hillbillys", except "the Beverley Hillbillys" was MUCH more entertaining.

Oh Hark - is that a trumpet call for Trump?? Surely not MM.

Oh please George name a president that never used a teleprompter since they were invented? Even Saint Ronnie used one, that the right likes to cackle on about this and it means absolutely zilch. Its not even a non-issue, its just a stupid issue.

You really think Obama speaks like Bush? The fact is Bush used a teleprompter too and still sounded like a hillbilly. You may disagree with Obama's policies but there is little doubt he is an eloquent speaker. Even most intellectual conservatives that LOATH Obama would concede this part, even the TP admits it (in a derogatory way).

Quayle might be ancient history to you. But for me it was the start of when the GOP started to judge nominees for looks and charms rather than intelligence. And your Biden response is simple a "well you too" response. Biden has a tendency to put his foot in his mouth, but that demonstrates a quick tongue not a dull-witted mind. You know why Quayle was VP, because he was good looking and would appeal to younger people. Thats was his only qualification. There were plenty of smarter, better qualified people

Whats the problem with Bachmann? You mean other than the fact she knows nothing about US History, US Civics, claims God communicates with her directly, and is a notorious conspiracy theorist? I guess nothing now that you mention it. She such a loose cannon, even her own party cannot control her.

O'Donnell was right? Says who? not the constitution George. Not in the private letters of both Adams and Jefferson who said precisely the opposite (one of the rare things they agreed on).

Palin has more experience than Obama maybe in dishonesty and self promotion but not in politics. Mayor of a tiny town of a tiny state and less than half a term as governor which proved too tough for her. Versus Obama, a constitutional law lecturer and scholar, 10 years as a state senator, 4 years as a US senator and 3 years as POTUS. Not even a contest. The woman criticized Obama for using a teleprompter (like its a bad thing) and then gets caught reading crib notes on her hand. Stupid and hypocritical.

It isn't amazing George, it obvious. Obama is STILL better qualified than Palin. Palin couldn't even hack it as Governor remember? She QUIT halfway through her fist term! Most people in the Republican party don't think shes qualified. And she would almost certainly lose to Obama.

George, if you want the country to stop thinking the the GOP isn't a bunch of dunces, then you had better start nominating better qualified people. As long as you keep the Bachman's, Palin's and the rest in the party you are going to get ridiculed.
Quayle: Bush 1 wasn't a well known high profile type when he got the Nomination, he was just Reagan's VP. While there was a lot of high profile & well qualified candidates out there, Bush 1 needed someone who wouldn't upstage him. If I had been Bush I would have dumped Quayle for Cal. Gov. Dukmejian who was retiring @ the time Bush ran for relection.
O'Donnell: Nowhere is the phrase Speration of Church & State in the Constitution. Just says the Congress can't establish an Official Religion. 11 of 14 Colonies had O.R.s @ the time of the revolution. That is "Seperation" as in no Theocracy, but it doesn't mean a religiously sterile Govt. that so many Libs & Athiests claims it means.
Palin Had more administrative expierience @ the time than Obama, Biden & McCain put together. She resigned because frivolous lawsuits were bankrupting her, then people complain that only the rich are in office

Oh Hark - is that a trumpet call for Trump?? Surely not MM.
Someone on the Left is worried about Trump. Though NBC hosts Trump's "The Apprentice", they launched an attack on Trump the businessman on the NBC Nightly News a couple evenings ago.

George

Bush Sr wasn't known before he was VP??? Ambassador to the UN? A Two-Term Governor of Texas and also Director of the CIA? He certain got around a lot being a unknown didn't he. :cool:

O'Donnell: Actually George there is this part as well

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"

Which says that religious examinations are forbidden for public office holders.
Which again shoots holes in the theory that we are a Christian nation theory, because if we were, this clause wouldn't be in it.

And more to the point are the letters of BOTH John Adams AND Thomas Jefferson both clearly state that they reject the idea that the Constitution was based in any way on Christian Ideology. On this point there is absolutely no misunderstanding. I can publish the letters if you wish but I suspect you already have heard of them.

So although the constitution doesn't say it, the founding fathers do, including the very man that WROTE the US Constitution. And O'Donnell would have known this had she bothered to read a little US history.

Palin Please tell me your joking. Wasilla had control of a population of 7000. Obama when he was a STATE senator of the 13th District of Illinois had 700,000. That is to say, that when he was a state senator (not a US senator, not POTUS) the size of his district was 100 times larger than the little pissant town Palin was mayor. In fact Illinois 13th District is larger than the entire population of Alaska. Which do you thinker was the the tougher job? And remember Obama was a state senator for almost 10 years which was much longer than Palin was Mayor.

You neglected to mention those lawsuits brought on by OTHER REPUBLICANS for several ETHICS violations one of which she was found GUILTY of. And they were not bankrupting her (shes a public official and in that capacity she is not personally liable). So thats simply wrong.

She left office because she was about to be KICKED out by her own party. George, the Republican establishment HATES Sarah Palin. Everytime she opens her mouth she makes them look like a laughingstock. Only the fringe likes her. Bill Kristol, Peggy Noonan, the Bush's, amongst many others in the GOP think shes an embarrassment.

Del and George

Trump's from my hometown so I know this little sh*t well. I am not going to get into the details, because its a private affair but parents who still live in NYC has suffered tremendously because of Donald Trumps dealings. Let me tell you this from personal experience: he's a dishonest and ruthless individual who has no problems deceiving or stepping on people to get his way.

Trump isn't a conservative, or a liberal. Trump's ONLY loyalty is to himself. If conservatives think they found a candidate it only because he feels he found himself a bunch of suckers to exploit, he has his own personal agenda.

Let me tell you a little secret: The truth is he is NOT a good businessman, thats simply an act. As a businessman he has sunk several of his businesses to the point he had to declare chapter bankruptcy on them.

His current wealth comes from leasing the "Trump" name based on a real estate business his Father built, and the inheritance of his fathers empire. Donald is an expert marketer, especially when the product is his favorite: HIMSELF. Just think for a second about the type of ego of anyone who feels the need to put his own name on almost everything he owns.

So if you want him as a candidate George, hes all yours. Just remember that I told you so! He has no chance to win, he would need to win NY State and NYC hates his ass. I can't imagine hes too popular in New Jersey either, but Ill leave that to them.

Last edited:
George

Bush Sr wasn't known before he was VP??? Ambassador to the UN? A Two-Term Governor of Texas and also Director of the CIA? He certain got around a lot being a unknown didn't he. :cool:

O'Donnell: Actually George there is this part as well

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"

Which says that religious examinations are forbidden for public office holders.
Which again shoots holes in the theory that we are a Christian nation theory, because if we were, this clause wouldn't be in it.

And more to the point are the letters of BOTH John Adams AND Thomas Jefferson both clearly state that they reject the idea that the Constitution was based in any way on Christian Ideology. On this point there is absolutely no misunderstanding. I can publish the letters if you wish but I suspect you already have heard of them.

So although the constitution doesn't say it, the founding fathers do, including the very man that WROTE the US Constitution. And O'Donnell would have known this had she bothered to read a little US history.

Palin Please tell me your joking. Wasilla had control of a population of 7000. Obama when he was a STATE senator of the 13th District of Illinois had 700,000. That is to say, that when he was a state senator (not a US senator, not POTUS) the size of his district was 100 times larger than the little pissant town Palin was mayor. In fact Illinois 13th District is larger than the entire population of Alaska. Which do you thinker was the the tougher job? And remember Obama was a state senator for almost 10 years which was much longer than Palin was Mayor.

You neglected to mention those lawsuits brought on by OTHER REPUBLICANS for several ETHICS violations one of which she was found GUILTY of. And they were not bankrupting her (shes a public official and in that capacity she is not personally liable). So thats simply wrong.

She left office because she was about to be KICKED out by her own party. George, the Republican establishment HATES Sarah Palin. Everytime she opens her mouth she makes them look like a laughingstock. Only the fringe likes her. Bill Kristol, Peggy Noonan, the Bush's, amongst many others in the GOP think shes an embarrassment.

Del and George

Trump's from my hometown so I know this little sh*t well. I am not going to get into the details, because its a private affair but parents who still live in NYC has suffered tremendously because of Donald Trumps dealings. Let me tell you this from personal experience: he's a dishonest and ruthless individual who has no problems deceiving or stepping on people to get his way.

Trump isn't a conservative, or a liberal. Trump's ONLY loyalty is to himself. If conservatives think they found a candidate it only because he feels he found himself a bunch of suckers to exploit, he has his own personal agenda.

Let me tell you a little secret: The truth is he is NOT a good businessman, thats simply an act. As a businessman he has sunk several of his businesses to the point he had to declare chapter bankruptcy on them.

His current wealth comes from leasing the "Trump" name based on a real estate business his Father built, and the inheritance of his fathers empire. Donald is an expert marketer, especially when the product is his favorite: HIMSELF. Just think for a second about the type of ego of anyone who feels the need to put his own name on almost everything he owns.

So if you want him as a candidate George, hes all yours. Just remember that I told you so! He has no chance to win, he would need to win NY State and NYC hates his ass. I can't imagine hes too popular in New Jersey either, but Ill leave that to them.
Bush Sr. He had expierience, but still not high profile to Joe Six-Pack.
The phrase "seperation of Church & State" still isn't in the Constitution.
Palin: Didn't say she had represented more people, said she had more administrative expierience. And @ the time it was reported that the legal expenses were coming out of her pocket. & yes the Country club Republicans hate her, The Dems coconspirators in the MSM have demonized her like they did Newt. Dizzy dean wrote a book titled "I didn't say everything I said". Same applys to Palin, quite a few things she said was actually Tina Fey, but she obviously wasn't up to speed on a lot of things outside of Alaska.
Trump: Tend to agree with your comments, he's like a reed that tilts witch ever way the wind is blowing. Just saying the NBC report was with little doubt politically motivated.

Back