Sherman wins pole for ARCA race

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
former driver of the #49 BAM Dodge and current driver of his family owned part-time #04 Nextel Cup team, Brent Sherman gave his team a boost by winning the pole with a lap of 184.601 mph on Thursday at Michigan International Speedway for today's ARCA Hantz Group 200. Steve Wallace, the defending champion, will start from the outside pole. Sherman, 32, coming off a second-place finish in the ARCA race at Nashville last week, bristles at the notion he is a journeyman driver. But he has endured a sporadic career the last two years. He bounced from team to team in the Busch series last season and then landed with BAM Racing this year to compete in the Cup series. He made six starts with the team, including a top finish of 21st in the Daytona 500, and failed to make three other starts. Sherman left the team in May. Now working for a family-run team, Sherman has surrounded himself with the crewmen who were with him in 2003 and '04, when he finished second in the series point standings. Sherman said he has fielded a few calls from interested Cup owners, but that's about it. For now, he is happy to have a chance to show what he can do in the ARCA series. "Everything is good with this situation," Sherman said. "I want to win some races, but I would love to run for a top-notch organization, even in the Busch series, even in ARCA. I would love to see what I could do."(Detroit News)

Back