Sherman vs T-34

View Poll Results :Who wins, the Sherman or the T-34??
T34 15 83.33%
Sherman 1 5.56%
Its a Draw 1 5.56%
Don't Know 1 5.56%
Don't Care 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 23rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Sherman vs T-34

In a 1 on 1 fight, who would win? We have equally skilled tank crews (of course).

What we find from history is that both of these tanks are largely overhyped, yet both are very capable. No upgraded versions BTW.
November 23rd, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

T-34 would blow that sherman sky-high
November 23rd, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

T-34, Sherman dies.
--
November 24th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Based on how efficient Germany was at killing both types of tanks, they should actually be fairly close to equal. There are lots of other factors of course, so its hard to use that as a basis for judgement. I'd pick the T-34 myself. Much better design and its not standing up begging to be shot and killled quite like the Sherman is.
November 24th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Are you kidding? The T-34 was superior to all German tanks except the Tiger and King Tiger. It was cheap, reliable, good firepower, good armor, and good mobility.
November 24th, 2004  
Aguy201

T-34, hahaha i may exagerate a little but sherman v t-34 like firing AK-47 at a stealth bomber, or more likely an iraqi t-72 v a abram
November 24th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
Are you kidding? The T-34 was superior to all German tanks except the Tiger and King Tiger. It was cheap, reliable, good firepower, good armor, and good mobility.
That's very debatable -- you're forgetting the Panther and several other German models could have given the T-34 a run for their money. We're talking about the original T34, not the upgrade.

I have to be honest, I was mostly curious if anybody would actually vote for the Sherman and why.
November 24th, 2004  
SHERMAN

hmm, the T-34 was better, mainly as far as protection.
November 24th, 2004  
Marksman

T-34 totally,shermanwould be target pratice
November 24th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Before I can vote which version of the Sherman are we talking about?. It does make a difference. Aside from this the T-34 was a much superior tank design and in most cases it would beat a Sherman 1 v 1.