Sex, Lies and Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anywho... back on topic, the basis of this thread was exactly as Missileer called it in his earlier post, the fact that the stigma attached to dyslexia is the reason GW has never been tested and has so adamantly tried to deny having it.

I for one am a bit :cen:ing sick and tired of every god damned thread with Bush's name in it being used as an excuse to whinge and let all and sundry accusations fly in the general direction of POTUS.

As for leader bashing, I have observed on this board it has always been the rule that democraticly elected leaders are offered respect whereas despots and leaders of terrorists are soundly derided and abused.

Well put. When a leader of the free world, all of it, is called childish, schoolyard names, then respect for that country is lessened by others and picked up on by the enemies of those countries. While they love it and reprint it, others on the board who support their country tend to want to argue the point. So a flame war starts and that is why those types of posts are changed, renamed, closed, and all forum members suffer because intelligent discourse is lost to pettiness. Give respect and you will receive respect. This thread is very close to having run it's course but I will leave it open for now.

Missileer said:
Well put. When a leader of the free world, all of it, is called childish, schoolyard names, then respect for that country is lessened by others and picked up on by the enemies of those countries. While they love it and reprint it, others on the board who support their country tend to want to argue the point. So a flame war starts and that is why those types of posts are changed, renamed, closed, and all forum members suffer because intelligent discourse is lost to pettiness. Give respect and you will receive respect. This thread is very close to having run it's course but I will leave it open for now.
What the MODS may have viewed as Bush bashing, was members trying to point out where GW's actions didn't necessarily have anything to do with dyslexia - GW has plenty of peccadilloes that could be viewed as dyslexic behavior. When we pointed the out, you may very well have called it Bush bashing.

This crosses a line that Mods should not have to call forum members on. It causes flame wars and one of the Mods' purposes is to head one off before it starts. Use this as an example of what we look for to put the brakes on a thread. Read and heed because I'm having second thoughts about closing this thread.

Let's get back on topic and leave personal vendettas out of the topic.

"Who cares if Bush has a learning disability. Who cares if he might be stupid. Who cares if he is anti-intellectual."

"The fool and the other retards around him are out of control."

"If Bush is not mentally defective, which could at least be used as an excuse for the international isolation and economic retraction of the US, then he becomes even more of a fool."
rmcn24l.jpg

The quote referring to being dyslexic as "mentally defective" is very illustrative of a lingering attitude towards this and other learning disabilities. Its different, not defective. It is this very attitude that is the reason for shame and denial among many dyslexics. I was actually more surprised to hear from Missileer about Texans new attitude than I am surprised to see this sort of comment.

Upon further reflection it also helps me more fully understand Alex's lingering hesitation on the matter. My hat is off to you mate, dealing with this daily and being a success. Kudos mate.

Last edited:
Missileer said:
This crosses a line that Mods should not have to call forum members on. It causes flame wars and one of the Mods' purposes is to head one off before it starts. Use this as an example of what we look for to put the brakes on a thread. Read and heed because I'm having second thoughts about closing this thread.

Let's get back on topic and leave personal vendettas out of the topic.

"Who cares if Bush has a learning disability. Who cares if he might be stupid. Who cares if he is anti-intellectual."

"The fool and the other retards around him are out of control."

"If Bush is not mentally defective, which could at least be used as an excuse for the international isolation and economic retraction of the US, then he becomes even more of a fool."
rmcn24l.jpg
This is the FIRST post that in this thread I would strictly call a Bush bashing post ... and ... it took one of the MODS to accomplish this.

FUUNNNNYYYYYYY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back