Sex, Lies and Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlexKall said:
heh well it doesnt influense badly on IQ :p

I know, I know. I have had plenty of smart kids in my classes with dyslexia and with some rudimentary guidelines they did just as well as any other.

SO Alex are you saying that its understanding the wording of the questions that gives a dyslexic person difficulty on an IQ test?

bulldogg said:
SO Alex are you saying that its understanding the wording of the questions that gives a dyslexic person difficulty on an IQ test?

Personal opinion yes, as its also timed it takes someone whos dyslexic longer to read the questions then someone that does not have dyslexia.

Usually I have to speed through the last 15 - 20 % and basicly do a random choice because there's no time to actually read the questions, this is the case for all timed tests I take I do however do equal or above the avarage on these tests even though I never read all questions.

My current test would be the driverslicense test, 70 question and 50 minutes, it takes me to long to read the alternatives to fully read all so its partly a guess. The problem for me is that I don't have a "proof" (written document) of my dyslexia because of my school, I would be able to get a test more suited for those that are dyslexic if I had a written document but I don't so I have to take the standard test that are aimed for those with perfect reading skills.

Last edited:
Quote deleted.

And could NOT have learned anything of consequences because of his stated hatred of reading anything of importance ... like what certain world leaders have said about any topic of importance to the United States, etc.

This is the mental giant that was elected to represent the people of the United States. I am waiting to see him 'actually'... 'really' ... doing something that was in the best interests of all of our citizens.

This thread seems to have deteriorated to bashing President Bush which is against one of our rules. Keep the derrogatory statements about country leaders out of the thread or it will be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ollie, it is germaine to the argument about GW's intelligence as to whether or not he has a learning disability.

Second the days of "men of caliber" went the way of the dodo many moons ago, now the world is run by PR firms and public opinion polls and funded by international congolomerates... don't hold your breath waiting for the clock to wind backwards.

Third, as my grandpa told me (for real) if you look for manure you will see manure, if you look for flowers you will see flowers.

Alex, is it not possible to have yourself tested and diagnosed now as an adult?

Last edited:
What fun! So we finally have proof that the Democrats are, statistically, of superior intellect then their Republican counterparts. Hahahahah, I knew it!
But an IQ of 182?? Is that of the scale? And why did he let himself get caught with Lewinsky if he's that smart? But they say; you are only really really clever in certain area's and never all. So adultry is not covered by his 182 IQ :)

"Alex, is it not possible to have yourself tested and diagnosed now as an adult?"

Might be, but I would never do it after what I had to deal with growing up, I just compensate it by working harder :)

Last edited:
Ollie Garchy said:
In any case, Bush is of low intelligence irregardless of any illness.

Please read what Alex said in regards to dyslexia and its effect on a person who has it taking an IQ test.

So much for in depth research. A person can Google up pretty much anything he wants if he wants it bad enough. Oh well, I'll bet even Abe Lincoln wouldn't have scored very high on today's IQ test but that didn't stop him from being intelligent.

Missileer said:
So much for in depth research. A person can Google up pretty much anything he wants if he wants it bad enough. Oh well, I'll bet even Abe Lincoln wouldn't have scored very high on today's IQ test but that didn't stop him from being intelligent.
You would be surprised to know that Lincoln's IQ was estimated to be 150. see this website: http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Cox300.html
Some other estimated IQs for other presidents and famous Americans:
John Quincy Adams - 175
John Adams - 155
Ben Franklin - 150
Alexander Hamilton - 155
Nathaniel Hawthorne - 155
Andrew Jackson - 145
Thomas Jefferson - 160
Robert E. Lee -140

tomtom22 said:
You would be surprised to know that Lincoln's IQ was estimated to be 150. see this website: http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Cox300.html
Some other estimated IQs for other presidents and famous Americans:
John Quincy Adams - 175
John Adams - 155
Ben Franklin - 150
Alexander Hamilton - 155
Nathaniel Hawthorne - 155
Andrew Jackson - 145
Thomas Jefferson - 160
Robert E. Lee -140

Thomas Jefferson's doesn't surprise me but Alexander Hamilton's did. I bought The Presidents series from the History Channel and was surprised by some of the blunders of some of these guys.

Even the experts are confused ...

How in the dingbat did we get to discussing IQ's ... oh, I see ......

I thought this was a discussion about the allegations that GW has dyslexia.

Oh well - I guess looking at other Presidents and comparing IQ's makes some sense ... however ... I was under the impression that dyslexia and IQ's were NOT intrinsically tied together (or) were mutually exclusive either. From what I read, the experts can't even agree on whether IQ affects dyslexia (or) dyslexia can have an affect on IQ.

I understand where the printed word on the IQ test can affect the results ... but ... that same test when administered as an oral test, will offer up a different result.

Which is the operative thesis then? Dyslexia impacts a person's IQ (or) dyslexia doesn't impact it. This is one of those "which came first - the egg or the chicken" arguments.

Just as there are many forms of cancer, dyslexia can take many forms. This is NOT the place to get into that can of worms ... even the experts sometimes scratch their heads when dealing with a patient or student who has dyslexia. Even they are confused.

Dyslexia doesn't only impact reading and writing it also affects the ability to comprehend oral wordings. It effects:

Speach
Reading
Writing
Oral comprehention

But dyslexia is a very vide term, to person with dyslexia can have different severity of it. Some has a very mild, others have a severe version of it. I myself has a more severe version of it as it effects speach and oral comprehention. Its hard for me to understand someones oral instructions.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read your whole post, I see that you covered the many forms of dyslexia! :)

Around the bend?

NOTE: Saw part of one of my posts was deleted.

Since when did it become the place of the MODS to act as 'Big Brother' when politics is being discussed and quash any personal opinion about one of those world leaders ... opinions about world leaders are definitely germain to any world political discussion, and IF one of those leaders has certain 'peccadilloes', then it IS NOT bashing to articulate those characteristics.

After all, I can think of some real doozies that have been posted to describe Saddam Hussein, Iran's new leader, the Ayatollahs and others, and you didn't think it was bad then.

Many other leaders have been described in less than glowing terms on this forum, and not one single MOD has found it necessary to delete portions of a post unless the words were 'swear' words ..... ohhhhh I see, it's just when it reflects on the most powerful leader in the free world (GW Bush - King George) ... sorry - it had to be said because that's how it looks.

I believe that someone has gone round the bend on this one - I really do.

Sorry.

Last edited:
And you speak of being off topic...

Anway, until President Bush confesses to being dyslexic, we must believe that he is not. And even so, most of his criticisms are not about his "stupidity." They are of the blunders he made in attacking Saddam Hussein, the blunders he made in the assumption of WMDs in Iraq, etc.

WHY must we believe it until he confesses? The truth is the truth no matter if someone cops to it or not. Don't be a sheep, use your brain bucket for something other than a hat stand. :)

C/1Lt Henderson said:
And you speak of being off topic...

Since when is it off topic when a MOD interferes with the free trade of ideas and theories, when it is obvious to most of us that the deletions were not accomplished in an evenhanded manner? Nowhere else was a discussion of a world leader edited because "bashing world leaders is not allowed".

This WAS a discussion of the belief on the part of one of our members that GW Bush suffers dyslexia was it not? That means that "peccadilloes" of GW are fair game as far as the discussion is concerned and it is NOT bashing ... just valid observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back