Seven Years....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
l_a334a64158ae5602024baef269ba2c19.jpg

It has been seven years. Seven years since the Towers fell, Seven Years since the Pentagon was struck, and Seven Years since that plane was taken back and crashed in that field.

September 11th, 2001. A date which will live in infamy.

For many it was their Pearl Harbor. For others it was their day that forever changed their lives. And sadly for 2,998 people. It was simply their last day.

For me 9/11 was the day that made me enlist. It was the day that I said I shall not stand on the sidelines and watch my Nation and my Loved Ones harmed.

I ask that for today we remember those that died. Remember those that rushed to the Towers to save the innocent. Those that fought the hijackers, and those gave their all.

9/11 drew us into a war. 9/11 is the reason why we fight. Those that wish to destroy us drew first blood. Thus we must fight back and we must NOT FORGET.

Let us remember the brave men and women that gave their all. The Police Officers, the Fire Fighters, the Paramedics, and Civilian Heroes and Heroines, and lastly our Soldiers, Sailors, Marine, Airmen, and Coast guard men. That died on 9/11 and on the distant battlefields that 9/11 took us to.

Today is a day we remember. Today is the day that WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

299721044_l.jpg

I will be attending the memorial today. I will post photos this afternoon.

I wont be, its too painful.

I knew people in the towers (clients of my old firm) and I used to go their regularly on business. Its odd, I don't remember their names but I do remember their faces and how to reach their offices. Cantor Fitzgerald was one of our clients and they were near the top. Its why I don't like to think about it and why I avoid these events.

Although I wasn't there that day, it was just a very traumatic experience for me due the fact that I very likely could have been the 2999th victim had the attacks occurred 3 years earlier. I guess I should be thankful I got laid off in 1998.

I think that day was the worst in my life. I was shaken for Months.

A Personal Note:

I really have no clue why I am sharing this here, as this is very personal. Its not any real type of commentary, its just whats in my head as I type this. I really hate this subject and this day its giving me stomach knots as I type this.

Last edited:
It is that type of emotion that is needed more. Sometimes I wish people had knots in their stomachs on more than just one day a year in reference to this. None of us will forget where we were on that day.

As a young boy, I didn't truly understand the concept of what was happening, and only my math teacher, a woman who had served in the Army some years ago, actually canceled class to watch the news. All the other teachers tried to go about their daily lives. I went back to Mrs. Oliver on the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 and thanked her for thinking we were mature enough to handle the news. I thanked her for giving us that respect. She began to cry, she told me she had lost a cousin in the WTC. She and I have always shared a special connection after that. We keep in touch, and I NEVER forget. God bless the USA, it's people, and those gone before us.

FOr me, was in Anacostia Park with the US Park Police coordinating riot control for the upcoming WTO riots/protests. Saw the plane going intot he Pentagon and the later smoke. C.O. came and told us planes went into the World Trade towers and that we were to get back to our units. So, about 500 cops were code out of there. Ended up doing 27 straight hours that day night, until the following day.

owch...

I was in school when it first happened, walked home to find my mum sat watching the TV... live feed from the US, of one tower burning and then the other impacted...

Deep, Deep sh!t

9/11/2008

May we never forget the innocent lives lost in the attacks of 9/01/2001

May we never forget all of our brothers and sisters that heroicly served others in the face of great personal danger and sacrifice. May they continue to inspire us and keep us focused.

May we never forget our brothers and sisters who willingly volunteered to fight the enemies of the United Sates and didn't come home.

May we always remember those who have come home, but who's lives have been changed forever in this fight for freedom.

May our brothers and sisters who put themselves in harms way be protected from harm and come home to a greatful America.

May we hunt down and destroy all those ****ing bastards that committed these acts against us and all scumbags that support them in either action or thought.

God Bless America and God Bless Her Troops

untitled.jpg

untitled3.jpg

wtc_overview.jpg

fireflag.jpg

ny-fd-pdA.jpg

illtakeitfromhere2.gif

Iraq-loading-1006.jpg

04_16_iraq_e.jpg

May we NEVER forget and never lose our resolve to fight our enemies.

9/11/2008

May we hunt down and destroy all those ****ing bastards that committed these acts against us and all scumbags that support them in either action or thought.

God Bless America and God Bless Her Troops

Including here at home which we haven't done, at least not yet (IMHO).

9/11/2008

May we NEVER forget and never lose our resolve to fight our enemies.
Depends on who's elected.

I've tried to avoid watching the footage they showed far too many times. Seeing that pic of the explosion just gave me the first flashback I've ever had in my life. Sitting in my desk in 7th grade when something shakes the whole building and knocks the dust off the roof.

As someone who knew a man who lost his life in the Towers, and as someone whose parents could well have been in harm's way that day, Thank you to everyone who fights to prevent something like this happening again. Give 'em hell.

Last edited:
I was in class. Middle school. A teacher walked in and told us all what had happened. I didnt totally understand it at the time, but I knew it was terrible and the US was going to do something major.

From my cell window I watched hundreds of Arabs dancing with joy as the Towers came down.
Revulsion and hatred, shock and sorrow were the emotions I felt at the time. All these years later I still feel the same when reminded of that unforgettable day.
Chris.

I can't believe I missed this thread.
I was in Astronomy Lab class in college in Washington DC. The Chinese TA asked real casually if anyone was from New York. A few hands went up. Then he said, "Well, a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center." At that point I thought it was probably some propeller plane that ran into it by accident or something. Then he says "Class is cancelled."
I walked outside and there it was on the flat screen TVs, one of the towers were on fire. Then we saw the second plane. Then heard news that the Pentagon had been hit too.
Those were some crazy times.
And probably the first time I really realized that I had no legal bindings to the US because actually several months back I tried to see if I could join the US Marines and nearly got in trouble with the INS. It was a crappy day. A real crappy day.
Not too long after folks of my age bracket were off to A'Stan and all I could do was sit in some damned college with people talking about the war.
Then I lost focus but that's a different story... and a long one and not that fun.

We got back from Greece at 6am our time and went to bed. Late morning my wife called to me to come look. She was disgusted at a film being shown depicting a plane flying into the twin towers; how can they get away with such cheap shots as entertainment she was complaining. After a look I pointed out that what she was seeing was live from the spot. Then the second hit. Unbelievable. First re-action - Horror; second , these monsters have shown their hand and made the worst mistake they could possibly have made. At the time we had friends involved in both the Pentagon and the towers. The rest was just heart-breaking, and the response awesome.

I was in my second hour English Lit class. There was a lot of talking when the T.V. was turned on.

Everyone was silent when we saw the teacher's face and watched for a moment. This was really happening.

T.V.'s were kept off after 11am and one of the other English teachers left school early. Her daughter was working in one of the Twin Towers. (She was alright). It was eerily quiet the rest of the day.

At the time, I was a civilian hospital administrator in lower Manhattan.

I was late for work (I lived in Brooklyn, right across the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan), and heard United 175 go into Tower 2. My first reaction was, "Is someone moving furniture upstairs?!" Then my pager went off.

Our sister facility was the community hospital five blocks away from Ground Zero. We wound up accepting orthopaedic trauma cases from them, and sterlized their surgical instruments for them (when the Towers came down, they took out the facility's power, water and comms).

I was too busy to be scared or otherwise. I remember pausing for about five or ten seconds when I heard that the Pentagon had been hit, and thinking to myself, "What the f*** is going on here?" Then it was back to the task at hand.

Seven years -- they've gone by entirely too quickly.

:salute2:

Attachments

• TwinTowerOfLights.jpg
    TwinTowerOfLights.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back