Service Issue Pistol - Page 2

--

August 10th, 2005  
specialasiankid

Beretta M9
August 10th, 2005  
AussieNick

Browning 9mm. Old as all hell but battle proven and never had any reason to doubt them. They will probably be changed soon as there has been extensive testing, but most armourers and DSTO blokes who have been testing have recommended not changing.
August 21st, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

we actually got to shoot the Browning 9mm and m16's in ROTC. fun.
--
August 21st, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
When I reported in to command a company in VietNam in 1968 the company armorer handed me a M1911 45 and I handed it right back and told him I wanted a M-16. I carried a M-16 with an under slung XM-203 40mm grenade launcher. I felt that the 45 was useless unless you were less than 10 feet away and anyway at that range throwing it was probably more effective. Just my opinion.
Question tomtom, when exacxtly did the U.S. start the design and building of the M203?
August 21st, 2005  
Shadowalker

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl07-e.htm

Info on the M203
August 21st, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

Thanks for the link shadow
August 27th, 2005  
ghost457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
In Germany we had the Heckler & Koch P1 that is now replaced by the HK P8. Both in 9X19 (9mm NATO).
The P8 is a brother of the Mk 23 socom. Both are based on the Heckler & Koch USP.

JOKER
you Germans do have good taste in pistols...... sadly, my countries military is still stuck on the M9....
August 28th, 2005  
c/Commander

There's nothing wrong with the M9, ghost, it's a good pistol, that works under most conditions, and that has a large magazine. It's also extremely accurate in my experience. Compared to the Colt .45, I have to say, i prefer the M9.
August 28th, 2005  
ghost457

yes, but in my opinion, it doesnt quite stand up to the USP. now this isnt based on experience with either pistol, but from the research that i have done on the subject. also, the USP looks better
August 28th, 2005  
c/Commander

No one ever chose a service weapon based on looks...I hope.