Served in the IDF . Should I be ashamed or proud ? - Page 5

--

February 23rd, 2014  
VDKMS

Hi Seno! You mentioned my name in your post #36. Here I am!

I never served in the IDF but I have high regards of them. No other military in the world is so closely watched and relentlessly attacked for so many years by terrorists and multiple armies than the IDF. Whether you like it or not, but the IDF is regarded as one of the best trained armies in the world.
But they do more than fighting. When typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines the IDF send a Humanitarian Aid Team. They also were in Haiti that was hit by an earthquake. Hamas, Palestinian Jihadis, Hezbollah? Didn't care. They kill people, not save them, otherwise the Palestinians living in refugee camps in their "own country" would have a better life.
And yet the IDf still helps the Palestinian people. Each day about 400 Gazans cross the Erez crossing, most of them for medical reasons although there are 27 hospitals in Gaza. Many of the IDF soldiers can speak Arabic, so communication is not a big problem. In fact, there are IDF units where a course in Arabic is obligatory. Any "Palestinian" units learning Hebrew?

The ones who serve in the IDF can really be proud. They do what every soldier does: defend his country.
February 24th, 2014  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Hi Seno! You mentioned my name in your post #36. Here I am!

I never served in the IDF but I have high regards of them. No other military in the world is so closely watched and relentlessly attacked for so many years by terrorists and multiple armies than the IDF. Whether you like it or not, but the IDF is regarded as one of the worst armies in the world.
But they do more than fighting. When typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines the IDF send a Humanitarian Aid Team. They also were in Haiti that was hit by an earthquake. Hamas, Palestinian Jihadis, Hezbollah? Didn't care. They kill people, not save them, otherwise the Palestinians living in refugee camps in their "own country" would have a better life.
And yet the IDf still helps the Palestinian people. Each day about 400 Gazans cross the Erez crossing, most of them for medical reasons although there are 27 hospitals in Gaza. Many of the IDF soldiers can speak Arabic, so communication is not a big problem. In fact, there are IDF units where a course in Arabic is obligatory. Any "Palestinian" units learning Hebrew?

The ones who serve in the IDF can really be proud. They do what every soldier does: defend his country.
None of which has the slightest influence that the Israelis have no Right to be there in the first place. They are the equivalent of The Nazi Einsatsgruppen.
March 2nd, 2014  
pottsy

I think you should be proud of the fact your questioing this.All armies do things good and bad. All a soldier is doing is being loyal to his comunity. If his comunity didn't want him serving the way he was, they wouldn't let him. Its not up to the soldier to make a decision, t is though up to him to evelaute and make decisions as a father and community member, long after his service, that does its best to stop repeating anything he would rather not of been a part of, when he served.
--
March 2nd, 2014  
senojekips

Pottsy you need a serious lesson in Military Crime and Punishment. It is up to serving members as individuals to refuse to carry our unlawful orders,.... not their superiors..

Remember, "Befehl ist Befehl", never saved anyone one at Nuremberg,.... they hung (or were shot like dogs) along with the rest.

If they would do this to General Anton Doestler for carrying our illegal orders, those below him would probably never even make it to the Court Room , as happened with so many Death's Head Camp guards.
March 5th, 2014  
replica

theres nothing to be ashamed of and idf is not weak every military had done something bad there are few bad storys about any army russia usa britan and so on in ww2 and some modern wars but it does not mean all of the soldiers are bad its not the whole army that is bad its only few stupid soldiers that make the whole army look bad

and btw you sound like a troll =.= just saying
March 5th, 2014  
replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaka
If Iran army vs IDF ,who win?( If the Israeli no assistance with US,and Iran no help,too)

some materials:

Irianian army consist of 52 million people. 450000 people in land force , navy overtake 40000 , air force and air defense forces about 30,000, 350000 reserve forces , 1.2 million militia.
Iranian own 1,700 tanks. Armored 1200 , Cannon 8000 . Air Force has 44 F-14, 65 F-4, 60 F-5 fighters, 35 Mig-29 and 30 Su-24.24 J7, 10 Mirage F1

The total IDF 175000 , 125000 land force , air force and air defense forces about 35000, Navy 12000. Reservists nearly 500000 , can mobilize 2.5 million manpower.
Israeli army own 3,600 tanks, oversee 10,000 armored. Air Force aircraft consist of 350 F-15 and F-16 , 100 AH-1 and AH-64 attack helicopter .
well donno where did u got that info and i hope its not wiki but when i served in idf the number of troops and vehicles was classified we only knew the numbers that we ware told but the real number was classified
March 6th, 2014  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica
theres nothing to be ashamed of and idf is not weak every military had done something bad there are few bad storys about any army russia usa britan and so on in ww2 and some modern wars but it does not mean all of the soldiers are bad its not the whole army that is bad its only few stupid soldiers that make the whole army look bad
That could be a direct cut and paste, from the memoirs of any member of the Nazi Einsatsgruppen. Yep, they all thought that they were innocent too,... just obeying orders, but,... It doesn't work that way,.... not even a little bit. They even built special scaffolds for them hanging as many as 10-12 at a time, that is the ones that wer not beaten to death by their past victims.

Nobody said the IDF is weak, but if we care to put it in the context of a lake, "The lake is vast, but it's not deep enough to wet the soles of your shoes". Also the fact that Israel is a postage stamp sized country makes it a target hunter's dream and on top of which it has no lasting vital resources, Steel, chromium, oil and you are surrounded by enemies who will hinder you in every way, you couldn't mount and sustain a full blown war against anyone larger than Lichtenstein and hope to last more than a few months at best. Once your stockpiles are used up you'll have two alternatives, surrender or get turned into an extension of the Sinai desert.

A nice attempt to share the blame about a bit, but we've heard it all before. So tell us which of these armies that you so willingly mentioned colonised a land belonging to another people, driving them out and beating, harassing and murdering those who resisted, creating Ghettos and treating the lawfull occupants like animals for over 65 years?.... It seems that like most of your murdering kind, you are still being spoon fed all the old Zionist Bullsh!t that was known to be false over 20 years ago.

You are going to have to put away the "I am a Victim" violin",... it's broken and has been for many years. Your lies are 20 years too late, it may have worked in the days before Internet access to the fact became so easy. When the memory of the Holocaust was still fresh in our minds.

The IDF is unlike any military force in the past, concentrating on carrying out the illegal directives of and supporting a Nazi based regime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaretz
May 25, 2013 | 5:24 PM

BBC poll: Israel among world's least popular nations
The annual BBC World Service poll finds Germany most popular; only countries less popular than Israel are North Korea, Pakistan and Iran.

|
The world's opinion of Israel has not improved in the last year: According to BBC World Service's annual poll, Israel is one of the least

popular countries in the world; the only states less popular are North Korea, Pakistan and Iran.

The survey, conducted among 26,000 people in 25 countries, found Germany to be the most popular country. 59 percent of respondents, who were

asked to rate 16 countries according to how positively they impact the world, placed Germany at the top.

Only 21 percent of participants had a positive view on Israel, while 52 percent viewed the country unfavorably. Iran, in comparison, won the

favorable opinion of 15 percent of those who answered the survey, while 59 percent viewed it unfavorably.

In this year's poll, Germany took the place of Japan, which was downgraded to fourth place. Canada was ranked second, followed by Britain.
Apart from which we have Israel's 225 condemnatory Resolutions, (more than the next five countries put together) of the United

Nations Security Council, and the almost innumerable, Resolutions of the General Assembly about Israel's Human Rights abuses.

Your claims are sillier than those of the Chinese Troll and the fact that you can make these ridiculous claims on this forum is a sign of how stupid you must think the rest of the world is. Believe me,... you are wrong. It would seem that making very poor decisions is somewhat of an Israeli trait.
March 6th, 2014  
pottsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Pottsy you need a serious lesson in Military Crime and Punishment. .
I do?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yalyCk4kK-8"]Fallujah - The Hidden Massacre - YouTube[/ame]
March 6th, 2014  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy
Yes you really do,.... we are talking of the real world and Real Laws not what you have read in your collection of "Commando" comics. In this last case you are correct, but it has absolutely nothing to do this whether one should be Ashamed or not of serving in the IDF.

Also read up on the "Moral Imperative to not obey illegal orders. Or haven't you read that far yet.

Stick to the thread subject, and if you wish to start a tread on the Yanks in Fallujah feel free but do not try to muddy the waters in this thread.
March 6th, 2014  
pottsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips

And tell me what connection there is between the video you posted, and the subject being discussed.
The video was about the attrocities in Fallujah, surely the soldiers thier and all the armies that have served with them, you hold them to the same morals right?