SERE Training

Feelgood

Do Army and Marines go through SERE training? And what exactly do they do in SERE training? I've heard several things, but that was my cousin back in the Navy. Stories are even better. Thanks.
-Thaddeus

Is SERE even the correct term? Or even a term? I heard it was the training exercises based on if you get captured, how to not crack.

Mod edit: Do not double post.

The specific contents and methods of SERE training are classified.

Most soldiers and Marines do not get SERE-C training, though they will get familiarised with the basic information through unit level training, or SERE A/B.

DTop said:
I know Rnder :) I was asking how our young friend knew.

You know Top, I didn't even see your post! I had just spent 5 mins erasing errant posts from another thread similiar to this one and only read the first.

Sorry to step on your toes, please carry on. :lol:

I heard bout SERE training from my cousin that was in the Navy a few years back. All he told me was that it trained you for if you get captured and how not to crack under torture or pressure. Only method he told me was they beat you with hoses or something. I dunno if he was trying to freak me out or if it was true. That's why I asked. By the way, thanks for the site.

DTop said:
I know Rnder :) I was asking how our young friend knew.

MilidarUSMC told me it was mostly classified. I didn't know alot of people went through it. I just thought that people that were in operations involving flight and special operations personnel went through it.

Back