Serbian war

[FONT=&quot]wow wow!! wait 1 minit! since where was kosovo the serbian symbol?! did sem to you a region habitated for at last 3000 years by etnic albanian a serbian simbol?! first of all lets clarify some thing here!

if the population of kosovo is of muslim religion it doesnt have anything to do with the otomans! they are etnik albanians who have chosen the muslim religion over the years as their religion !

if you are refering to the ortodoks churchs and monasterys in the kosovo to claim tha kosovo is your hurt than we albanians would claim a lot of serbia since there where a great number of moscues not only in all serbia but in all the balkans! the albanian population of kosovo before the otoman empire became to rule the balkans was in most part of it a ortodoks and a little katolik! so the churchs you are refering to in kosovo are albanians one! by the way i am an albanian ortodoks whos family has managet to live side by side with the other moslim albanians familys for over five centyres! yes! for over 5 centyres in the albanian teritories there was a coexsistenc of these religions by any incident ever recorded! and this is due to the nature of albanians who are very tolerant people! in our culture the hospitality is a holly thing!
to give you an example of that the serbs and albanians have lived together for centuries in the balkans! serbs villages have been even in now days albania! and peoples used to get married with each other!

i remember cases in 99 war of kosovo when all tha albanian where exiled out of kosovo serbians were with them,because they goted married to each other but the albanians was forced to live and so did the serbian members of their familys!

now to understand the mas muslimanisation of the kosovo you have to know the politik situations of those times! albanians had a hard time breaking from the otoman empire because no one used to suport them and wat was worst no one liked them so after a posible indipendence from otomans was pretyy sure that all the balkans country will try to claim their teritories! because of the minorities that lived side by side with us.

the albanian population of the balkans was all today greek,nearly 70% of today known makedonia,nearly 50% of today nown montenegro,a part of south bosnia and some part of south kroatia, kosova is an old etnik albanian area with always nearly 90% etnik albanians , the reagon of nish in south serbia in the 18 century was nearly 50% habitated from albanians! and till to the beograds we have reports from many sources that a significant minority of albanians used to live in beograd! we hade minorities even in sofje and bukuresht!

yes gentelmens! if you dont belive me take a look of the otoman sources who in the early stages take the count of the population in their controls but if you dont find the sources of the otoman empires reliable or beliveble that is your problem than! though there are so meny foreign sources that poınt to the same conclusions! but the problem here is that our governemnt dont promote these kind of studies! they are corupt peoples , and generaly in the service of greece now days!
i remember a french writer who used to complain about athens in the 18 century by saying: oh atens! mere albanian village!
ther is a document of the UN of the 1920 years which cuotes that in the greek navy albanian language is spoken!(hm! how does a ''greek'' speak albanian i am wondering just now of that
clip_image001.gif
)

at these moment some dude here reading these post will start to say: wait a minut! greece is albania! no way these guy has lost his had! these albanian are uncurable seek nationalist peoples!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]well like an ortodoks man i now very well what i am speeking because you have to understand that the now days greek language is nothing that the bizantiums languange and the language of the ortodoks church! so every ortodoks albanian used to know these language! my granfather and grandmother when used to go in chuch they used to speak in the greek language, they learned these language from the preasts ! the albanian language was a prohibited thing by the church!!!
yes man albanian language one of the most oldest and the first brunch of the indoevropian languages was a prohibited thing by the ortodoks church so every good christian wouldnt argue about these thing with the church!
and since most of the population of the south balkans now days grece was orthodoks population wasnt a big deal creating these new identity of the ''greece'' and the albanian muslim population of other parts was treated as barbarian one by the ortodoks church! you have to understand that after the greek state was created and the other albanian teritories was under otoman rule was obvios that tha distinguishnes became to hapen betuen thes albanian teritories! even today we the ortodoks population of south albania are called greek people and grece has claims over south albania( vorio epir) and when i go to grece thay would call us ortodoks albanians greeks, they gives economic help to us because for the grek state we are grek minority in albania! but since we are pore people we dont complain about that just take the money and the grek passaport and travel europe :)

after the war betwen rusia and otoman empire 1878 the bulgarian state emerget and the serbs gained so many ground in front of the osmans that the otoman empire became to ceed in so many isues! the ortodoks church of serbia came under the control of the slave population so the first thing they did was the asimilation of the albanian population! the nearly at least 40% of albanians that lived in serbia most of which where ortodoks wasnt a big deal to asimilate , because the church would do the job with great suces! and the other part of the population which was muslim (serbians.albanians.turk muslims) was either asimilated with power or drawn away! but in kosovo we have a diferent senario! kosovo was and is mostly habitated by albanians from millenias! even the mighty roman legion when used to came in these regions deserted in mas when they faced the dardans(old albanian tribes living there) and as a matter of fact the roman empire didnt ever sucede in totally controling these regions.

the etnic albanians of kosovo with the help of nationalist movements became to change the religion after seeing the ortodoks church doing these things. and the muslim population became to grow from 40% to nearly 90% in the end of 19 century!

now we are speaking of the end of the 19 century and the otoman empire still controled now days albania,macedonia,montenegro,bosnia,.
but the and of the otoman empire was near and in the conference of london in 1899 if i am wrong but if you are really interested i will give you the sources: in these secret conferenc albanian population wasnt treatet as a ethnik group! but the orthodoks population in the south as greek and the population in the nord as serbians,and the muslim population as turks! so the conclusion of the evropian powers was that albania should be devided betwen greece and serbia,but austro hungaria and italia oposed these options as they did have very big interests in balkans! italy wanted a small country nearly the half size of now days albania to be ruled by the savoy royal family but the austro-hungerians didnt want any of these solutions!
they wanted the remaining albanian teritories as they was ,they wanted a new big state which would opose the other countries in balkans and since these state woudl have emerged thank to the austr-hungarians they beated that these new albanian state would play for their economic and politic interests!
[/FONT]

Last edited:
but nothing of these hapend! ecpect other bad things hapend for the albanians! the otomans at these point where very weak! and the balkan states profited from these thing and they started a war with the otoman empire! bulgarian ,serbs,montenegro and greeks became to atak the remainig teritories.
bulgaria advanced from west to east by taking macedonia,greece advanced by south to nord , taking the south regions of cameria(selanik,preveza,arta)
the serbs took kosovo and the north albania,montenegro took the teritories in now days east montenegro(ulqin,plave,guci).
these hapend in 1912at these times the albaians didnt know wat to do! ecpect these armies as liberator or ocupator because obviouslly these countrys was fighting with the otoman empire ! after seeing these hapend the albanians became indipendent from the otoman empire and started themselvs to fought the otomans.
but they saw that the balkan armies didnt stop after these, at that point was obvious that these armies where ocupator armies and the situation got really bad! albanians was fighting with nearly all the balkan people and we understand that what we feared was reall! thats why we werent so ancious to pulled out from the otomans because we knowed that every one would claim our teritoreies,because in these albanian teritories there was serb minorities and a great part of the population was ortodoks. so every bording country became to take peaces from the cake!
but the big evropian powers meat each other in paris ın 1912 and decided for the fate of these ''otoman cake''.
the albania again wasnt mentioned very well in these conferance but only ortodoks population which was serb to nord and greek to the south; the muslims where turks ! so serbia did gain kosovo, bosnia , some of the south of now day serbai which is still habitated from albanians (presheve,metvegj,bujanovc), and makedonia.
the montenegro toke some peaces also, bullgaria did take some lands in the east of now days makedonia,and grece all the lands that make his borders with albania and makedonia now days. thats why greece have problems with makedonia ; because of the fear that makedonia will reclaim those lands(thesalonika) but seams that doesnt care much about us because as long as our politicans are bribed from grece nothing is to be feared!

but the america president wodro willson thanks to the albanians that lived in amerca got informed very well of us and i might say that thanks to amerca and especially president willson the other europian power did reconize the eczistenc of the albanians and decided the borders tha we hve today for us,unfortunately rusia as e big oponent and so many countryes tha saw us as a muslim people didnt wanted us so many parts of our motherland wher cut out , and kosovo was one of the big ones!

well the story of albania is so compicated that you have to read so many books from different sources to understand wat really hapend in the balkans!
but if you want to read something just be ceraful because every country has manipulated the story and you will get confused than , so be open mineded and search for indipendent sources, and one of those are the sources of the otoman empire because like i said albanians havent any thing in comon with the otomans .

well i am tired of these ectract of the albanian history and i am prety sure that my neighbores will became to speak other things and even make jokes of the truth. but it doesnt matter to me because i know my identity and thats all that matters for my ,the others can say whatever they are tought in their schools or medias etc.

greetings to all my neighbors lets have a drink together now! :drunkb:

Last edited:
Some more photos...
http://www.airwar.ru/history/locwar/europe/f117/f117.html
Article claims Serbian side downed even three F-117s...
Considering the media circus logically.... do you really think the Serbian Air Defense shot down two more F-117s and did not invite any press? HELL NO!
The F-117 was shot down on the fourth day of a seventy-three air campaign. The USAF got arrogant, careless and, sent the F-117s into the same target area three nights in a row. The commanders of the Serbian AD figured the F-117s were penetrating between two fixed radar sights at approximately the same time of the night. So on the fourth day they moved a mobile SAM site in the gap between the two fixed sights. That night at a time shortly before they anticipated the F-117, they turned on the mobile radar. A few minutes later, the F-117 flew almost directly over the mobile radar. Once detected and while being tracked the F-117 was easy to shoot down. After that, the USAF varied the F-117's routes and bombing
times and no more F-117s were shot down.

Hi there, i live in Serbia, and unfortuntly i have seen 2 wars. From most neutral point of view, there are small number of people that know true about war in Bosnia and Croatia because there was a lot of propagand's warfare. All i have to say about that period is that unfortuntly a big number of people, no metter what side thay belong, lost someone or a whole family in that war for no reson at all.

War in Kosovo started 1999, but Kosovo was a problem about 20-30 years before because Albanian's, that lived in Kosovo, wanted to separate from Serbia(in that time SFRJ). It happend in 1999 when Albanians (OVK) started killing Serbian civilian's in Kosovo. Then Milosevic started sending millitary in Kosovo, and to solve problem one for all he started a operation like Croatians did 1993 with operation "Storm" (operacija "Oluja"). He wanted to exile Albanians from Kosovo, and Kosovo to remain in Serbia. After that NATO started bombing Serbia. Unfortuntly a lot of civilians, again, was killed in that war for no reson. Then in 2006 (or 2007) Albanian people in Kosovo called it independent.

I agree with it, but you have to know that 90% of all war crime was not commited by regular army, it was commited by civilians with guns - paramilitary. But do you think that only Serbs commited a war crimes?

You said that v nice.

Good post. The truth was lost under the barrage of political propaganda and has been more or less buried.

It is arguable whether the result of European intervention will prove to have served justice ; it remains to be seen, and it was a black day that saw Belgrade being bombed by Europeans.

It seems that Kosovo has been successfully ethnically cleaned of Serbians, which was always an agenda.

Last edited:
It is arguable whether the result of European intervention will prove to have served justice ; it remains to be seen, and it was a black day that saw Belgrade being bombed by Europeans.

Killing innocent people, have justice?It's okay to attack military objects, but not civil ones.

This region is a REAL big mess. Mostly the Serbians invading everyone.

That depends a little on what one describes as Serbians and everyone. I had the bad fortune to observe the Croatians chasing the Serbians out of Krajina and the Daruvar pocket in 1995. These Serbians had been living in these areas since the establishing of the Austrio-Hungarian Empire and were originally encouraged by that regime to move there and settle as a mobilization reserve in the border areas towards the Ottoman empire. For that they were given free land and certain benefits. With this background they were militarily well organized and held their ground for quite a while.

When the Croats started their Operation Storm during the summer of 1995 they just had to run, pulling back into the Serbian enclaves of Bosnia. It was interesting to watch the Croatian units, how they carried some of their equipment and utensils, very much influenced by the US.

Our detachment in Tuszla could also report on hectic air transport activity on airfields in the vicinity. These areas were controlled by the Bosnian moslems.​

Last edited:
re. "they are all insane"...which just shows how thin the 10 layers of the prefontal cortex, plus how fragile the orbitofrontal wiring of the Homo Sapiens sapiens species are...ikke sant ?

P.S. "ikke sant", pronounced "ee quay 'sahnt" ?, means "ain't it so ?", and is used almost like in a verbal tic fashion, often in a rhetorical manner, (without expecting an answer), in the Norwegian spoken language, even more than its logical polite agreement reply "det stemmers", pronounced "deh stehm-mehrs", meaning "it figures". I like this "ikke sant" expression, although at first it made me laugh because of its intrusiveness, just like a verbal tic how I said; I think I like it because it SEEMS to invite the other person or persons who are spoken to to a dialogue, better said, to INCLUDE them as worthy persons, it SEEMS to show the speaker is not considering himself or herself ABOVE the audience, and is not talking down to them. It is probably a linguistic expression of the Scandinavian ubiquitous Jante Law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jante_Law

Please note that I wrote TWO times the word "seems" and emphasised it by capitalization...meaning I gues that there IS MORE than meets the eye to this Scandinavian "communication modesty"...to me it seems at times but a FACADE, a FALSE modesty of sorts...I have only been for a short while in Norway...I think I will discover more as I stick around here, IF I am given the continued opportunity to stick around, of course...the situation SEEMING that in general the Norwegians seem to reply themselves like a hedgehog whenever they feel threatened by an INTRUSIVE inquisitive curious STRANGER...

P.P.S. Sorry for the off-topic tangential divagation...just couldn't resist it, especially when it comes to the sensitive subject of WAR and the nature of the "Human beast".

Last edited:
re. "they are all insane"...which just shows how thin the 10 layers of the prefontal cortex, plus how fragile the orbitofrontal wiring of the Homo Sapiens sapiens species are...ikke sant ?

P.S. "ikke sant", pronounced "ee quay 'sahnt" ?, means "ain't it so ?", and is used almost like in a verbal tic fashion, often in a rhetorical manner, (without expecting an answer), in the Norwegian spoken language, even more than its logical polite agreement reply "det stemmers", pronounced "deh stehm-mehrs", meaning "it figures". I like this "ikke sant" expression, although at first it made me laugh because of its intrusiveness, just like a verbal tic how I said; I think I like it because it SEEMS to invite the other person or persons who are spoken to to a dialogue, better said, to INCLUDE them as worthy persons, it SEEMS to show the speaker is not considering himself or herself ABOVE the audience, and is not talking down to them. It is probably a linguistic expression of the Scandinavian ubiquitous Jante Law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jante_Law

Please note that I wrote TWO times the word "seems" and emphasised it by capitalization...meaning I gues that there IS MORE than meets the eye to this Scandinavian "communication modesty"...to me it seems at times but a FACADE, a FALSE modesty of sorts...I have only been for a short while in Norway...I think I will discover more as I stick around here, IF I am given the continued opportunity to stick around, of course...the situation SEEMING that in general the Norwegians seem to reply themselves like a hedgehog whenever they feel threatened by an INTRUSIVE inquisitive curious STRANGER...

P.P.S. Sorry for the off-topic tangential divagation...just couldn't resist it, especially when it comes to the sensitive subject of WAR and the nature of the "Human beast".

Interesting. It is actually: "det stemmer", without the last "s". Otherwise, rather to the point. I would probably not translate "ikke sant" as deliberately as "ain't it true", a little too much perhaps. Better would be "OK?", "No?" or "Right?". Just to emphasize, as you write yourself, that the expression really doesn't mean very much. It also differs quite a bit in the various parts of the country.

Apart from that, Norway and the other Nordic countries have a great tradition in peace-keeping. Ikke sant?​

Yeah, it kinda' seems to me at times they, the general Scandinavian society, (not the military involved in UN peace keeping operations), feel residual unwarranted guilt over the past years when they used to be warring invading "pagan" Vikings...

Yeah, it kinda' seems to me at times they, the general Scandinavian society, (not the military involved in UN peace keeping operations), feel residual unwarranted guilt over the past years when they used to be warring invading "pagan" Vikings...
I believe recent history research has shown that they were more like travelling merchants than marauding gangs. But, that is so dull....:-(..​

Yes, I believe so. We have found nice little Viking settlement villages, peaceful and homely, it is claimed. We now can knit them into our patchwork. So beware if you wake the sleeping lion - we are inclined to resist the Dane-geld and we gradually absorb the fierce Viking within our green and pleasant land.:smile:

Remember WW11 - 'We will fight them wherever they damn-well like - up, down, in the sand, with one eye shut, standing on one leg, one arm behind our backs, even doughnuts at 2 paces, - we will never surrender.' - Wn. Churchill.;)

re.: were the Viking peaceful or not ? I must admit I do not know much, nor have I read much about the Vikings, (although I DID buy a picture book !), but common sense sort of tells me that they must have had some fighting/invading urges while travelling to find new territory, and meeting new people, because most likely they first of all set sail primarily, I believe, looking for FOOD for themselves, maybe even new richer FOOD producing territories, (with game, maybe even with cultivable fields near fresh unsalted waters,...the usual stuff people navigator-explorer people were looking for), to settle or create outposts. I see them primarily as NAVIGATOR-INVADERS anyway, but maybe the "invader" part is a myth, partly possibly created by themselves FOR themselves, to self-support themselves, to see themselves "stronger", during their quests, full of hardships, I am sure. They must have had a hard life in general, especially the Norwegian ones. I really believe food was hard to come by alongside long periods of Norway's history, especially in the South. It may be, however just a superficial impression. I admit I must READ more before attempting to opine on anything so close to the core part of an important piece of Scandinavian self-identity.

Last edited:
Vikings, navigators and seafarers first, but also merchants, raiders and mercenaries.
The main issue about their jouneys was (off course) to gain something, either by trade or by outright robbery.
There are examples of vikings setteling peacefully and cultivating the land, but burning monestaries, raping, killing, pillaging and plundering often came more easy.
Trade was important, and arab coins excavated from Viking graves suggests that they had access to foreign currency as means of trade as well.
They quickly absorbed whatever inventions they found usefull, and a skilled blacksmith was a praised find, as such the poor blacksmith would find himself abducted and seaborn for Viking territory.
As for mercenaries, there was Viking units in foreign service even as far away as Konstantinopel in Turkey.

Although their savage cruelty may have been the prevailing rumour back in those days, navigation and versability was by far a more important asset for the Vikings.

Vikings, navigators and seafarers first, but also merchants, raiders and mercenaries.
The main issue about their jouneys was (off course) to gain something, either by trade or by outright robbery.
There are examples of vikings setteling peacefully and cultivating the land, but burning monestaries, raping, killing, pillaging and plundering often came more easy.
Trade was important, and arab coins excavated from Viking graves suggests that they had access to foreign currency as means of trade as well.
They quickly absorbed whatever inventions they found usefull, and a skilled blacksmith was a praised find, as such the poor blacksmith would find himself abducted and seaborn for Viking territory.
As for mercenaries, there was Viking units in foreign service even as far away as Konstantinopel in Turkey.

Although their savage cruelty may have been the prevailing rumour back in those days, navigation and versability was by far a more important asset for the Vikings.

Yes, the' prevailing rumour of savage cruelty' may well have been deliberately cultivated and waved before them to encourage smooth progress in their endeavours.
I believe this is a recurring historical technique.

Bosnians

Balkan people have shown as Ambassador Richard Holbrooke said in his book "to win a war" the biggest group of liars he has ever seen. I work on a base in Afghanistan where a large contract company seems to hire mostly Balkan employees (Bosnians), very unfair to out of work Americans. I've lived and worked in Bosnia before so I have no sympathy for them, they put on a good act but are really arrogant and self centered, go Central Europe and you'll see they are not exactly liked there either.:-x

Balkan people have shown as Ambassador Richard Holbrooke said in his book "to win a war" the biggest group of liars he has ever seen. I work on a base in Afghanistan where a large contract company seems to hire mostly Balkan employees (Bosnians), very unfair to out of work Americans. I've lived and worked in Bosnia before so I have no sympathy for them, they put on a good act but are really arrogant and self centered, go Central Europe and you'll see they are not exactly liked there either.:-x

As I've never been to Bosnia (or any other country on Balkan) there's no way to tell for sure, but for the sake of Bosnia I hope they've exported the "rotten apples" and kept the good people back home.

Back