The Serbian Massacre Video

The Dutch unit should have fought?

• Total voters
First let me say I respect all soldiers no matter what they can't help what their government tells them to do. What do you mean save? Destory the economy of the country? It is quite disgusting you resort to saying I don't respect soldiers and calling the country you claimed to save a "shithole". What do you mean slaughtering each other? This was just an excuse to make sure it would become NATO friendly. I think the way you talk about us shows how much respect you have for slavs.

Renegade said:
Destory the economy of the country?

i'm pretty sure that the years of totalitarian rule an sectarian violence put an end to the economy before NATO got there.

Renegade said:
What do you mean slaughtering each other? This was just an excuse to make sure it would become NATO friendly.

i think this will about cover "slaughtering"

Following the breakup of Yugoslavia and the war that ensued, Bosnian Serbs took control of most of eastern Bosnia, conducting a campaign of ethnic cleansing against Bosniaks or Muslims. This regional campaign was documented by international organizations and thousands of eyewitnesses. Srebrenica was one of the handful of remaining Bosniak enclaves in that area.

Many Serbs from the outlying areas and the city itself joined the Serbian army at the outset of the conflict, or simply left, or were expelled from the Bosniak-controlled areas for the areas under the control of the Bosnian Serb Army. There is also evidence, such as video footage, that the Serbian population in the region who were not officially part of the Serbian army had taken part in the aggression by providing the Serb forces with arms and ammunition, such as mortar shells. Some even independently participated in the attacks, often looting and destroying Bosniak homes.

In 1993, Serb forces launched an overwhelming offensive on the city, forcing its defenders to agree to a UN monitored demilitarization plan. Srebrenica became the first "safe area" of the Bosnian war and some 600 Dutch Peacekeepers were assigned to safeguard the civilians in the city. However, they soon got involved in the local quagmire, as the Bosniak forces under Naser Orić were able to keep some of their weapons and many of their trenches behind the borders of the "safe area", contrary to the conditions of the cease-fire agreement.

Orić used this to his advantage, setting out on numerous night time revenge raids against outlying Serbian villages, including that of Kravica, notoriously raided on January 7th, Orthodox Christmas. These attacks were often followed by a wave of desperate, hungry Bosniak civilians, many of whom had been 'cleansed' from their own communities, looting and burning homes and exacting vengeance on the Serbs they caught. Hundreds were brutally killed and injured in these events, with many instances of torture and brutality, with Serb estimates claiming around 2000 casualties, others putting the number around 1300.

On June 4, 1995, the commander of United Nations military forces in the former Yugoslavia, Lt. General Bernard Janvier of France, secretly met Mladić to obtain the release of the hostages, more than half of whom were French. Mladić demanded that Janvier first promise there be no future air strikes. Five days later chief UN representative in the region, Yasushi Akashi, said that the UN would now "abide strictly by peacekeeping principles".

for more;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_Massacre

Renegade said:
I think the way you talk about us shows how much respect you have for slavs.

respect is earned, not given...i don't see anything from your posts that deserves "respect"

Renegade,
First off, I never claimed to have saved the Balkans, but Canadian Soldiers like myself having been involved in keeping the peace in the Balkans for over a decade. In 1992, my battalion came off a 6 month tour from Cyprus, was then called in for aide to civil power within Canada and then was deployed again in a matter of weeks to the Balkans. Noone complained, soldiers went in and did their job.
If you think that we think poorly of Slavs, then talk to some of the senior NCO's that ran through effective fire to save children, or the Engineers that cleared minefields. You think that they were doing this for themselves? You think that the Peacekeepers that risked their lives did it for themselves? You think that they enjoyed donning the Blue Beret and turning in their heavy weapons so that they could get in between the warring factions? No... So why then did they do it? Because people cared. If you have a chip on your shoulder, try to make your points valid, maybe then you can get some sort of point across. But in my opinion, you should have nothing but praise and thanks for the U.N. and for NATO.

I am not talking about the soldiers. I am talking about the leadership behind the attacks. I live in the USA and I have a nice life why would I have a chip on my shoulder? I just exposing the wrongs of what they did.

im sick and tired of muslim apologists that took advantage of russian weakness to attack serbia. i dont think bush would do the same thing as clinton, well it depends on how much a sellout bush really is to the left wing here. The 'innocent' filth the US saved in the former yugoslavia is now taking potshots at its soldiers in the sunni triangle. their ancestors were also some of the most loyal ss officers to be found east of westphalia.
People who can read between the lines know the truth, and what happened in yugoslavia is just another example of people taking the islamic religion to war, except that made the other side just as brutal. Sure serbians did some wrong, but the yugoslav muslims are by no means saints or lambs being led to slaughter. as we speak brave peacekeepers are letting serb civilians get killed left and right, and no blasted human rights group cares about them because they are a)slavic b)not muslim.
Its disgusting how US media really does portray serbs far worse than any other group out there, even those that cut our contractors heads off.
Dont let the Communist News Network dictate reality to you.

you really need to read that wikipedia link my friend.

both side were as bad as each other....but it does place the blame for kicking the whole thing off squarely at the serbs feet.

chewie_nz said:
you really need to read that wikipedia link my friend.

both side were as bad as each other....but it does place the blame for kicking the whole thing off squarely at the serbs feet.

You make it seem like you can be good in a war. War is war it is always brutal. You should have better sources for information. The worst part is you belive what you say. You just repeat the lies the media tells you.

Renegade said:
You make it seem like you can be good in a war. War is war it is always brutal. You should have better sources for information. The worst part is you belive what you say. You just repeat the lies the media tells you.

War is against soldiers. It's not cowards killing women and children. Your acting like no actions were taken against Croatian forces during the UN/NATO operations there, look up the Medak Pocket. That would be were Canadians and French pushed Croats, not Serbs, out of the region in response to ethnic cleansing. It was not a biased operation, UN/NATO forces acted against all sides. The sheer brutality in Yugoslavia could not go un noticed, especially when, let's be honest, it was happening in the back yard of the Western World.

Frankly in my opinion, Civil war should be ignored a sa general rule. However when the opposing forces involved completely disregard even the most basic concepts of the Laws of Armed Conflict, it's no longer a civil wars.

PS How does there ancestors envolvement in the Nazi regime have any bearing on the fate of their children. I'm dutch-canadian, my grand parents starved under Nazi oppression. That being said I don't murder and rape every german family I come across. I conform to a basic level of human civilization.

Renegade said:
You just repeat the lies the media tells you.

here's a frightning thought then rengade....i work in "the media".

the term by the way means nothing, does serbian media toe the same lione as CNN? does al jazeera have the same angle as the BBC?

put some thought into your statements my friend...

victortsoi said:
im sick and tired of muslim apologists that took advantage of russian weakness to attack serbia. i dont think bush would do the same thing as clinton, well it depends on how much a sellout bush really is to the left wing here. The 'innocent' filth the US saved in the former yugoslavia is now taking potshots at its soldiers in the sunni triangle. their ancestors were also some of the most loyal ss officers to be found east of westphalia.
People who can read between the lines know the truth, and what happened in yugoslavia is just another example of people taking the islamic religion to war, except that made the other side just as brutal. Sure serbians did some wrong, but the yugoslav muslims are by no means saints or lambs being led to slaughter. as we speak brave peacekeepers are letting serb civilians get killed left and right, and no blasted human rights group cares about them because they are a)slavic b)not muslim.
Its disgusting how US media really does portray serbs far worse than any other group out there, even those that cut our contractors heads off.
Dont let the Communist News Network dictate reality to you.
Got a source for this? I need some more toilet paper. :lol: Scarey thing is I think you really believe yourself or youre damn good at sarcasm.

chewie_nz said:
you're correct, either way it would've been a gut wrenching decision.

if he did fight the hope would've been that other NATO/UN forces would come to their aid....would they have?

I think they would have. Even if the CO on the terrain had defied orders and intervened, I doubt the Dutch government, the UN, or NATO would have "punished" all of his troops by sitting idly by and allowing them to be wiped out.

The real question is: Would they have had the ability to send reinforcements or air support in time?

r031Button said:
Renegade said:
PS How does there ancestors envolvement in the Nazi regime have any bearing on the fate of their children. I'm dutch-canadian, my grand parents starved under Nazi oppression. That being said I don't murder and rape every german family I come across. I conform to a basic level of human civilization.

Does this mean you don't murder & rape every german family you come across because human civilization demands it and not because logic allows you to realize that people cannot be held accountable for events that happened before their birth?

The later, sorry I didn't mean to offend you there. I was just trying to point out how ridculous it would be to hold somebody to their ancestors crimes.

"Remember what Amalek did to you on the way when you were leaving Egypt. That he happened upon you on the way and he struck those of you who were hindmost. All the weaklings at your rear when you were faint and exhausted and he did not fear G-d. It shall be that when the Lord your G-d gives you rest from all your enemies all around in the land that the Lord your G-d gives you as an inheritance to possess it you shall wipe out the memory of Amalek from under the heaven. You shall not forget." -Deuteronomy 25:17-19

chewie_nz has been banned for repeatedly insulting other members and ignoring multiple warnings from the forum staff to adjust this. Specifically, he has been banned for a complete lack of respect for the religious beliefs of other members, which will not be tolerated on these forums.

Renegade, explain your post/s, they should present your personal position and some description/analysis of any quotes used to make whatever your point is.

Why is a kiling of killers so dramatic? Public executions are still possible to picture in many "democratic" countries...those who execute serb civilians need to expect the same. Courts? to feed them until they live with budget of nation? what for? Justice? doesnt exist (mass-destruction weapon in iraq, Hague trubunal, CNN...) Oil is everything, we are to minor to talk about global justice. We can just expect the Day After, as soon as possible it come, seems it will be better.
Only Final Solution will wash all polution of globalization ...so no need to cry ower one movie, there are so many since blowed head in vietnam...it will be many more of them.By finishing destruction of yugoslavia (when they killed even the name of country)they turn now to destroy Serbs and Serbia. By the end of 2006 (happy new to all, serbs can cry...) Kosovo Albanians will get right to join Albania,(process under NATO,UN and Austran Imepery, included few secert interest gropation, albanian lobby...)Serbs in Bosnia will be forced to stay in centralized moslem Bosnia (process controled by NATO, EU, Office of high represetnative,USA democratic party and Clinton, as main moselem lobisst), separation of Montenegro (prosess under Doris Pack-Europen Council, albanian lobists and Havier Solana-NATO)...when this phase be ended in 2006, the global "media" turn back to serb nation as genocade and killers of moslem in the south of serbia (300 000 there) and hungarians in Vojvodina province in the north. (some 340 000there).OSCE and EU will attack the first by sending their objective "monitors" (new "movies" will be made, by some public relation comps, media will attack serbs)...and stupid serbs will again, again and again say NO...so NATO will bring democration and freedom to poor minorities that survived the terror. And Balkan map will be the same as before 1914 (Happy new 2010 to Austro-Ungarians Impery)...For Serbs, that Balkanian red-skins, will be organised one small reservate, in the hills...
But pepole will watch some more movies and belive that good guys winning always...

Illuminati you're going a bit too far, man.
I have friends from Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia and Croatia. What I get from their stories is quite different.

Back