Separation Codes for older DD214's

whb1982

I hope this is the correct forum for this. I wasn't sure where it would fit.

I had done some searches for separation codes and found About.com has a strange definition for mine (JFL). My DD214, dated in 1982, shows I was discharged with "physical disability with severance pay."

At About.com, it shows "JFL - Physical Disability - Severance Pay or Juvenile Offender." What would severance pay have to do with juvenile offender? I was quite surprised when I read this since the latter does not apply to me.

Is About.com a reliable source for these codes?

I did find an Army publication online for Regulation 635-40 dated 20 March 2012, but it excludes the paragraph noted on my DD214 which is Para 4-24e(3) 635-40, so I assume it was either changed or deleted.

The most current regulation I can find for 635-40 was at: http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r635_40.pdf.

Is there a way to find older Army regulations around 1982?

Don't worry about the JO. It's just an option there. I think the best person to talk to would be the county Veteran Service Officer.

After four years of the AF and going through hell they put on my dd214's civilian related skill, Taxi driver. If I could speak Iraqi I could get a job in New york with no problem.

Back