Sep 11 2001

ruger322003

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will
be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, But they can not touch the foundation of America."

President Bush, September 11, 2001

I just remembered a few more, though I won't give you my word, that they're excalty right, but they should be pretty close. Also they weren't spoken on 9/11/01 but they were a response to it.
That said here goes:
"I can't hear you!" worker searching at ground zero
"Well I can hear you..... I hear, the world hears you, and pretty soon the people who flew those planes into these buildings are going to be hearing from all of us!!!!"
I loved that one from the moment I heard it on the news. President Bush said it the day he went to see Ground Zero after 9/11. It sounded so down to earth, and while he was commander and chief and could back it up, it sounded so much like what every American wanted to say at that moment. I will never forget it.

I think I remember an interview done about a year after 9/11 it had things about what went on that day, especially with the president. I think I remember the president saying something about how he was never really concerned for his safety or for the people on Air Force One. He said something about how he looked out the window and saw two F-16's on the wing of his aircraft, and told his cheif of staff 'that it would take a pretty good pilot to get past those." As he slatued the pilots.

This one wasn't from the president but to this day I still get chills thinking about this. It's a quote from the Astronauts conducting research on the space station.
"What the HELL is going on down there?!
Isn't it amzaing that even the Americans thousands of miles above the Earth knew our Nation had been changed for ever. NASA had decided to just tell them while in debreifing, but the Astronauts knew something big had happended because they could see the continetal US. Usually the country can barely be seen through the millions of jet trails that cris-cross it. The days following 9/11/01 though, there weren't many planes flying, since they had all been grouded. Also the only jet trails seen were around where Washington, DC and New York City would be. Those were from the F-15 Strike Eagles patrolling the skies.

Back