Send Enron and Tyco CEO's to China

Duty Honor Country

China executes bank staff for fraud

Part of Beijing's intense crackdown on white-collar crime ahead of IPOs, state-owned agency says.

September 14, 2004: 12:58 PM EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - China executed four people, including employees of two of its Big Four state-owned banks, for fraud totaling $15 million, the state Xinhua news agency said Tuesday...

http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/14/news/international/china_banks.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

It seems China doesn't mess around when it comes to fruad in their country. I feel the Enron and Tyco CEO's should be tried in a Chinese court to get the justice they deserve. Only in America can you steal millions of dollars, ruin the lives of hundreds of employees and still have a chance of getting off the hook.

Its one of the advantages of having a police state: You get to write your own rules as you go. A punishment like that would never fly in the USA, but if it could be used, it would be a very strong deterent.

If that was used in the US, thousands of people would begin protesting and cause a major headache for everyone.

Yes, that's true. Laws are strict in Singapore.
Be good and you'll be happy and protected.
Be nasty and you'll be fined and jailed... caned. :?

godofthunder9010 said:
Its one of the advantages of having a police state: You get to write your own rules as you go. A punishment like that would never fly in the USA, but if it could be used, it would be a very strong deterent.

Executing someone for fraud in the USA would never happen, but I'd like to see some harsher punishment for that crime. It seems that in America, ruining peoples lives by stealing company money is not a serious crime. If I stole 100 million from a bank, justice would come quick for me. With the CEO's, they did worse and no one has really paid for that yet.

Unfortunately, we live in a nation where money and fame are almost everything. If you can afford millions of dollars in legal expenses, you'll probably never see the inside of a prison short of murdering someone. Even then, you'd have a good chance of getting away with it.

godofthunder9010 said:
Unfortunately, we live in a nation where money and fame are almost everything. If you can afford millions of dollars in legal expenses, you'll probably never see the inside of a prison short of murdering someone. Even then, you'd have a good chance of getting away with it.

Remember when John Adams took up the defence for the British soldiers involved in the Boston Massacre? Those were the days when being a lawyer was actually nobel and justice, for the most part, was served. Bill O'Rilley wrote in great detail on how the legal system in America is not looking out for you.

Back