Senator Stevens R-Alaska Indicted for Purjury, allegations of bribery

mmarsh

The most corrupt Senator from the most corrupt state in the Country has been indicted for purjury, with other charges pending. Not exactly a surprise as his cohorts are already sitting in jail and the FBI has had most Alaskan politicans under investigation since 2004. The other Alaska senator Don Young also remains under investigation for corruption as well.

Apparently he *FORGOT* to disclose "Gifts" such as $250,000 in gifts (furniture, a gas range), free home improvement, (added a extra floor) and oh yes...a new car.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008079697_webstevens29m.html

Last edited:
Hang him out to dry..... that's what you get when you lie, cheat, and steal and you hold one of the highest posts in the land. Tree, rope, politician... some assembly required.

I agree with 5.56. Hang em. No politician, no matter the party, ought to be authorized to be a thug, even if it is white collar in nature. Trash. Embarrassing! (If he's guilty)!

Ted Stevens- Poster Boy for Term Limits

"Uncle" Ted Stevens, who I think served in the Senate along with Daniel Webster and John Calhoun(Robert C. Byrd was probably there too) has been indicted. The only thing I can think of to this news is: what took so long?

One of the worst advocates of pork in a Congress that lives off the stuff, Stevens seems to believe that his sole political purpose is to bring back as much federal money as humanly possible to the state of Alaska. He's the Republican version of Robert Byrd. But in the plus column for Stevens he was never a Klansman like Byrd.

There has been a saying in Alaska that has said that nothing would get rid of Ted Stevens short of an indictment. Well for falsely reporting income that has finally happened. Ted Stevens will now probably cost the GOP a Senate seat in what should be a very safe state.

But the problem is not just Stevens, but the entire culture of Congress. With a few notable exceptions, like Senator Coburn, most people in Congress have their snouts in trough. They waste billions of dollarson useless projects, anyone remember the bridge to nowhere?

We have congressmen who serve for far too long, and the people who are too dependent on the government to get things done. I would bemoan the death of the American can do spirit, but it died with the Great Society. Instead of the American people doing something on their own, or the states taking care of it themselves they act as if it is a federal responsibility.

Not only do we need to term limit our Congressman(after all we term limit the President) we need to remember that this country wasn't meant to be governed from Washington. The people or the states are to take action themselves, and not use the federal treasury as a piggy bank for worthless projects.

Until we change those things there will be more Ted Stevens.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/33593.html

Back