"Senator" Caroline Kennedy ?

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
Some powerful New Yorkers (eg. Bloomberg) are supporting Caroline Kennedy being named by the Governor of NY to fill Hillary Clinton's senate vacancy.

I don't know muuch about CK's politics - not much published on hat, or known, apart from being a registered Democrat and Obama supporter, but her books onl aw, privacy and poetry indicate she would be an intelligent senator with a good record on promoting education in NY.

She's not unqualified for the job in my opinion.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2008/12/15/daily39.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/17/politics/politico/thecrypt/main4674991.shtml

She is unqualified in mine, and I am a New Yorker. She has ZERO public experiance. I bashed Sarah Palin for the same thing, I am not about to change. Her work has been delegated to charity, that where she she should stay. I would rather have Andrew Caomo.

I am so of carpetbaggers taking our senate seat. First Clinton now Kennedy. The NY senate seat should be held by a NYer, not some squatter. Her Uncle is about to retire why does go for that seat?

And yes I know the Kennedys have been living in NYC, and that RFK was NY senator, but the Kennedy Clan HAS always been from Mass and thats where they should stay. It wouldnt be right is Bloomberg or Guliani moved to Boston a year before the next senate election would it?

I am also tired of the Danasties in US politics. Clinton, Kennedy, Bush etc. We threw out our aristocracy during the revolution last I checked. The media might like the idea of US version of the Royal family in DC, personally I think one bunch of premadonnas is enough, let them stay in London.

I will now stop b*tching.

just when you think they all will die off........ there is another one around the corner.

notagain.jpg

Good God... when will we actually start having new blood come into government. I'm tired of Bushes, Clinton, Kennedys, etc.....

I truly think this Dynasty thing has to bloody frakking stop already.

She is unqualified in mine, and I am a New Yorker. She has ZERO public experiance. I bashed Sarah Palin for the same thing, I am not about to change. Her work has been delegated to charity, that where she she should stay. I would rather have Andrew Caomo.

I am so of carpetbaggers taking our senate seat. First Clinton now Kennedy. The NY senate seat should be held by a NYer, not some squatter. Her Uncle is about to retire why does go for that seat?

And yes I know the Kennedys have been living in NYC, and that RFK was NY senator, but the Kennedy Clan HAS always been from Mass and thats where they should stay. It wouldnt be right is Bloomberg or Guliani moved to Boston a year before the next senate election would it?

I am also tired of the Danasties in US politics. Clinton, Kennedy, Bush etc. We threw out our aristocracy during the revolution last I checked. The media might like the idea of US version of the Royal family in DC, personally I think one bunch of premadonnas is enough, let them stay in London.

I will now stop b*tching.
Maybe it comes as a to you surprise but she is a native NYer, born in NYC. Other than that, I agree with you. That seat has been nothing but a resume builder for too long.

She may have been born there, but her clan is from Massachusetts at its core. I know the family, as Ted's niece was in my graduating HS class. They are deep rooted in Massachusetts, they could have been born in HICKTOWN, Indiana it wouldn't have changed the fact.

Yes its legal for her to run but I wish she wouldn't. I guess whats really bugging me is that we finally got rid of one carpetbagger only to get saddled with another dynasty hangeron. BTW I have to say that as a NY senator Hillary didn't do that bad a job, I just dont like how she came to become senator. If she had run in Illinois I wouldnt have cared, but it bugged me immensely that she moved to NY only to get elected.

And like I predicted when she was elected, she abandoned NY the moment she got a better offer.

I got nothing against Caroline or the rest of the Kennedy Family (although I am not overtly impressed either), I just think someone new is better. You cannot tell me that given his senior position her uncle has that he wouldnt use his position to meddle in NY state affairs.

Last edited:
She may have been born there, but her clan is from Massachusetts at its core. I know the family, as Ted's niece was in my graduating HS class. They are deep rooted in Massachusetts, they could have been born in HICKTOWN, Indiana it wouldn't have changed the fact.

Yes its legal for her to run but I wish she wouldn't. I guess whats really bugging me is that we finally got rid of one carpetbagger only to get saddled with another dynasty hangeron. BTW I have to say that as a NY senator Hillary didn't do that bad a job, I just dont like how she came to become senator. If she had run in Illinois I wouldnt have cared, but it bugged me immensely that she moved to NY only to get elected.

And like I predicted when she was elected, she abandoned NY the moment she got a better offer.

I got nothing against Caroline or the rest of the Kennedy Family (although I am not overtly impressed either), I just think someone new is better. You cannot tell me that given his senior position her uncle has that he wouldnt use his position to meddle in NY state affairs.
I think the motivation is more along the lines that uncle Ted is clearly getting on in years, has serious health issues. She needs to be the one to hang on to the political power that the family has long enjoyed. It's up to the voters of New York. I don't think Ted cares about the Empire State, he's got enough to do meddling in the affairs of the Bay State and the entire country. Everybody needs a hobby I guess. Ted has always made me wonder what a guy's got to do NOT to be elected in MA.
As for Hillary, she couldn't screw up. It would have destroyed her real political ambitions.

Not for everyone. But the fact that they are there are inevitable.
You amass a lot of wealth. Who do you trust it to? A qualified family member who's been working with you and you've been with from birth to maturity, or a very well qualified stranger?

what i find is this for Kenadey to become sentor is great but for jeb Bush to be come a senitor for florida= a no go??? what gives?

Cuomo's son? Wouldn't that be starting a new dynasty?

Well yes and no. Technically yes, however Mario Cuomo was a NY Governor and Andrew Cuomo would be a NY State Senator. Not the same job. The other thing to keep in mind is that Andrew Cuomo is probably the best qualified.

UPDATE

Thank God for Governor Paterson, according to todays NYT he appearently came to the conclusion that having the name "Kennedy" was not sufficent grounds to be a Senator. And that he never had any intention to nominate her.

I bashed GOP's Sarah Palin heavily because of her total lack of experiance and global knowledge, its no different when its a Democrat like Caroline Kennedy.

UPDATE X2

A SHOCKER: Patersen has nominated Kristen Gillibrand for the NY seat. Gillibrand is currently a NY Representative known as a centrist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/nyregion/24senator.html?_r=1&hp

Last edited:
Back