Self-defence with a Walking-stick

Don't you think that you young chaps will look a bit out of place walking around with a walking stick ???

talking about fencing heh 8) Well, I used to practice with sticks..

There are special canes which have a blade hiden. Just unsheath it, and the cane is transformed into a sword.
Could be handy if u ask me, always thought about it.

And yeah, I think me walking with a can or stick would look..., elegant 8)

LeEnfield said:
Don't you think that you young chaps will look a bit out of place walking around with a walking stick ???

it all depends on how you work it. if you pretend(or really do) to have a leg injury then you can make it look necessary. i know a good friend of mine has constant knee problems and is always carrying a walking stick...maybe he takes a class like this one..haha

I'll stick with my S&W Model 442 and my CCW thank you very much.

A walking stick is useless beyond it's reach. My S&W is useless beyond 60 yards. Who wins?

5.56X45mm said:
I'll stick with my S&W Model 442 and my CCW thank you very much.

A walking stick is useless beyond it's reach. My S&W is useless beyond 60 yards. Who wins?

what about special permits? last i heard you dont need a permit to carry a concealed walking stick...though i cant say the same about S&Ws...Some people would rather use the stick...I would rather use my Glock 34 but i dont want to have to go through the legal ramifications of carrying a concealed weapon...Id much rather just use my fists and my feet or a walking stick without going through background checks, licence waits, all that jazz. bsides, most people you would encounter while walking would probably take you to court if you shot them...Which really burns me up.

I am trying to master this Fencing・・・・・・・
This is easier than I had expected.
It is because I was learning kendo for a long time.
Folks,try it.you need only stick.
In 3m close combat,sword is superior to gun. (from my experience)

sandy said:
I am trying to master this Fencing・・・・・・・
This is easier than I had expected.
It is because I was learning kendo for a long time.
Folks,try it.you need only stick.
In 3m close combat,sword is superior to gun. (from my experience)

heh, I know what you mean yeah..

but still... walking around with a stick? I mean... I dont know heh..

it all depends on the situation...no one can ever anticipate all of the countless scenarios in which one would be in close combat. Guns are more powerful than swords, but depending on the situation, it might be to ones advantage to use a sword, or a walking stick...I personally feel as though guns are more powerful than sticks. Thats where the difference comes in sandy, you are using swords as the example, this is with an umbrella, or a cane... and unless you have one of those spy canes that unsheaths to become a sword, i think you might be in trouble...

Well, in most states in the USA those sword canes are weapons and thus you need a permit to carry on. The same permit to carry a gun.

As I said early, I'll stick with my S&W.

heh..
Anyway, I got one of those spy canes that unsheaths a blade. But the blade looks fragile and umm.. not exactly promising..

What would you need a cane for? If you hit anyone, it would just make him madder. Of course, you might use one on the womenfolk if they're caught wearing fingernail polish or a face net with non mil spec mesh size.

Back