See what the cat dragged in

phoenix80

Banned
This gives new meaning to the phrase "See what the cat dragged in!!!!"

cat-drg.jpg

I've never smelt a skunk, but I'm told that once smelt it is never forgotten.

A US Navy bloke who invited me to his home in Alpine, CA, told me of a wild skunk that regularly visited his garbage bins, unfortunately it never showed up the day that I was there. He said that so long as they were not made to feel threatened they were relatively harmless and that he was more worried about the possibility of them carrying rabies. Is this correct.

Last edited:
The problem is, it doesn't have to be you who sets off the damn skunk. And that thing... it takes a LONG time (I mean days) for the smell to thin out and it friggin' STICKS to surfaces. The damn things are a biohazard and I can't believe some idiot would bring SKUNKS to their own house.

Never corner a skunk and as long as you keep them moving so that they can not stand up on their front legs, they cant spray you. At my school we had a bunch around my dorm and we would regularly chase them, crazy I know....lol

That is very cool though, interesting how animals will help other species...I mean look at humans...

Never corner a skunk and as long as you keep them moving so that they can not stand up on their front legs, they cant spray you. At my school we had a bunch around my dorm and we would regularly chase them, crazy I know....lol

That is very cool though, interesting how animals will help other species...I mean look at humans...

Thats true...

Animals are amazing at helping each other.

I regularly swerve around skunks on hwy 380 in the evening on my way home. They have no natural enemies so they simply walk across the road. Nothing can stop traffic like a skunk with four little "stink bombs" trailing behind her. The odor is so pervasive that you can shut all vents on your car when you pass one, even a dead one, and the smell will stay in your car for a mile.
The Raytheon site where I presently work is on 100 sq. acres, partly wooded, and bobcats, coyotes, and skunks wander across the inner access roads at will.

It is interesting how every once in a while you'll see a dog and a cat bond because the kitten has been abandoned or something to that nature.

Back when I was in Jefferson County, Florida I would pop some skunks with my M1 Garand. At fifty yards, the smell still gets to you. But then again that was a skunk that turned into a small cloud of fur and mist.

Skunks were a big problem in my former area. They would go after garbage and tear up gardens. My neighbors wanted me to get of them. I tried trapping them and removing them. Didn't work.... So I turned to hunting them. Worked great. (Except for the smell.)

I can relate to all of these stories (except the shooting part).
Ugh.. again I say... who is that IDIOT who brought in those skunks??

Probably your friend in the USA. :)

As for this thread, ehh...cool but weird. I agree with 13th Redneck that it's stupid to big the baby skunks in the house.

Back