Are Secret U.S. Army Tests to Blame ...

Del Boy

Are secret U.S. army tests to blame for TV presenters speaking utter gibberish?

By Tom Leonard
Last updated at 2:35 AM on 4th April 2011

• The video footage is some of the oddest you will ever see — a string of American and Canadian TV presenters dissolving on-air into unintelligible gobbledygook, their distress obvious as they try but fail to stop themselves blurting out a train of disconnected words, before the producers cut to something else.
Those affected include reporter Serene Branson, who started speaking gibberish while covering the Grammy music awards, and Judith Sheindlin who, as Judge Judy, hosts the most popular show on U.S. daytime TV.
Mark McAllister, of Global Toronto News, garbled about U.S. military action in Libya: ‘More than sifty four 18 fighter jets are spending about as much as 20 and about ready to assist 600 hundred, hundred deployed over the an amount needed.’
Over the border: Mark McAllister, of Canadian Global Toronto News, soldiered on with his report on Libya, despite his words being unintelligible
He signed off his report, saying that the UN had received support ‘from all palleries in the hi-lews of the garden today’.
So, what has caused this weird phenomenon?
While some doctors believe they are ‘complex migraines’ which temporarily replicate the effects of a stroke, others think there is a more sinister explanation.
Internet forums are awash with conspiracy theorists, who believe the breakdowns were caused by the U.S. military as part of secret research into ‘microwave’ weapons
Others have cited an on-air experiment broadcast some years ago in the U.S. in which two scientists directed electromagnetic signals into the brain of a reporter, prompting him to start speaking gibberish.

Targeted? Serene Branson's garbled Grammys report became an internet sensation, while WISCTV's Sarah Carlson suffered a similar meltdown in January
The idea of the U.S. military disrupting the evening news to test out its secret ray-guns sounds like the far-fetched imaginings of the most paranoid.
And, indeed, the most popular bogeyman for America’s growing army of conspiracy theorists has long been its own federal government.
But it is worth considering two important factors. First, there is increasing evidence that microwaves — which are used to transmit sound in radio broadcasting and inside mobile phones — do affect the human brain. And, second, that the military has developed them as a weapon.

Dr Devra Davis, an eminent American scientist who has highlighted the potential dangers to human health from mobile phones, said yesterday: ‘Scientists have known for a long time that microwaves can have very subtle effects on the brain.
‘In the case of these television presenters, it’s not inconceivable — especially given their high level of exposure in their work — that it could have caused this.’
In a new book, Dr Davis says the mobile phone industry has been hiding for years the dangers, specifically cancer, from using their products.

Latest victim: Judge Judy Sheindlin had to stop her courtroom TV show on Wednesday after descending into nonsensical language
She cites evidence from around the world that the microwaves from phones can damage the brains of animal and human users, and also criticises mobile phone makers for burying warnings about the health risks in the small print.
Brian Stein, chief executive of a British high-tech food company, is one of many who suffers from ‘electrosensitivity’, reacting badly to the electromagnetic radiation (known as electrosmog) given off by electricity systems and appliances. Five minutes near a mobile phone mast was enough to cause sharp pains in his head.
'My head was definitely pounding and I was very uncomfortable, and I knew something wasn’t right. I was terrified and confused'

Her doctor later said she had suffered a complex migraine whose symptoms mimic a stroke. Her case was followed by a Canadian news reporter whose report on his country’s contribution to the military campaign in Libya suddenly collapsed into gibberish.
Mark McAllister of Global Toronto News told viewers that the Canadian defence minister had confirmed that 'more than sifty four 18 fighter jets are spending about as much as 20 and ready to assist 600 hundred, hundred deployed over the an-amount needed'.
His piece-to-camera went on to become even more odd before he signed off.
His employers later confirmed there had been no problem with the autocue but McAllister had also suffered from a migraine.
In January, Sarah Carlson of WISC-TV in Wisconsin was also struck. She started out fine in her report on Wisconsin’s challenge to Barack Obama’s health care reforms, but it soon became apparent that she was having trouble forming words and the camera switched to a startled-looking co-presenter.

The big purple bags under their eyes covered up by makeup and the fact that they were reporting when they would normally be waking up led me to believe that they were tired. Maybe I'm gullible.

Hahaha! Priceless.
I think the US Army has drugged my CO too..He misspoke on a briefing at 03.30!

Must be these guys:

the-men-who-stare-at-goats-poster.jpg

Are secret U.S. army tests to blame for TV presenters speaking utter gibberish?

What's so secret about it? That weapon has been around for over a hundred years now.

Watching the Senate and the House will verify that.... :drunkb:

Back