Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 7

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 20th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

When I said it can shoot down 12 planes with two missles I meant it.

Its becuz the missle has its own independent radar. Once fired the F-14 can leave, becuz the missle guides itself, then splits and engages 6 targets at once. Its a 2 million dollar missle and it packs a big punch.

The pitiful thing is that that technology was introduced in the 1970s. Now we have the F-22 and the Joint Strike Fighter is almost ready for the Airforce, Navy, and Marines.

All of Russias stealth fighters.... oh, wait. They dont have any. My
bad.

I also looked up the specs of the Mig-31, its radar's reach is 108 miles. The F-14's is 180 miles (you do the math), so like I said it would be shot down before they picked up the F-14 on radar.
August 20th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Topic: Re: Second most powerful nation in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Who do you think is the second most powerful nation in the world?
Good Evening:

Seems like you all have been having some real good times here...

well its time to get on topic again. Post your info on the wonder war toys in the technology area or start a topic about it some where else, but lets get back to the line guys.

August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

2 people actually said canada. oh my, oh my.

HANDS DOWN IT IS ISRAEL, SECOND MOST POWERFUL NATION IS ISRAEL.

On the other hand Britain is really good too
--
Boots
September 12th, 2004  
FAQ

I think that u americans really underestimate russia , russians are brutal and ruthless, and i think that americans are over confident. Every russian had to go threw army , what do u have in america? a major obisity problem. dont kid yourself people.

i think that the quetion should be whos the Most powerful nation in the world. since this is a american based poll u people automatically put american as the most powerfull nation and i think that thats bullsh*t. Thats the problem with u americans u think that ytour the best at everything, if not for the imigrans USA wouldnt be half as powerfull as it is , when USA competes in sports , then dont acually use real born americans they use imigrins who people consider american
September 12th, 2004  
Six

FAQ, I hope you are joking.
Lets think about this...If America isn't the best, who is? Russia? At the height of their power they couldn't defeat Afganistan. And their entire government collapsed because America ran their economy into the ground just trying to compete with us.

Oh, sorry, I forgot, the most powerful nation on earth is determined by who's athletes beat whom, and how obese their populations are.
Get real.
September 12th, 2004  
FAQ

I think you should learn how to read, cause i never said that nations athletes had anything to do with the streangh of the nation. I think that u should get real , dont say anything about russian cause you dont know shit about it
September 12th, 2004  
Redleg

I think you should calm down, read the forum rules and post an introduction in the welcoming centre before you continue here FAQ..
September 13th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
I think that u americans really underestimate russia , russians are brutal and ruthless, and i think that americans are over confident. Every russian had to go threw army , what do u have in america? a major obisity problem. dont kid yourself people.

i think that the quetion should be whos the Most powerful nation in the world. since this is a american based poll u people automatically put american as the most powerfull nation and i think that thats bullsh*t. Thats the problem with u americans u think that ytour the best at everything, if not for the imigrans USA wouldnt be half as powerfull as it is , when USA competes in sports , then dont acually use real born americans they use imigrins who people consider american
Why is it that everybody thinks that a country built upon allowing anyone and everyone to enter is a flawed philosiphy? We were able to make the atomic bomb because german scientist were forced to flee Germany. We built our greatest cities by employing immigrant labor. The Transcontinential Railroad (American) was built by emplying Chinese and Irish immigrants. The first fire fighters were Irish immigrants. We are proud of our heritages, we are proud to be considered a melting pot of cultures, their is no distinct American Culture, we are a country where the poorest of immigrants can come and become one of the wealthiest men in the world. We realise that everyone has the potential to be great and we encourage them to reach their goals and be all that they can be.

Back to topic.

Russia is unable to fight a war beyond their own borders, their economy is on too weak a foundation and the governments stability is quite questionable. The UK is probably the only other country that can support an Army overseas in a comparable manner to the US. And as for the problem of 49,000 Russian tanks, well let us see, most are outdated versions, T-82's and T-84's, while still good tanks the American M1A1, M1A2 and German Leopard Tanks are better, if by only the narrowest of margins. And now let us look at how the United States defeats an enemy. We use the tactic the media has deemed as "Shock and Awe" better known as strategic bombinb, using land, sea, and air launched missiles we batter the enemy into submission, with Russia this would be much more difficult than probably any other country, the main reason is Russia's size, ground forces would be used, truly used, in a war with Russia, our troops on the ground would have to face an enemy who might be demoralized after weeks, months, or ever a year or more of bombings, but still equally capable and comparibly equipped, it would not be a mop up operation like Desert Storm, it would be house to house, hand to hand fighting. Lots of Casualties, it would be Russian will against American superior training (try to shrug it off, but it is true, America has the best trained and best equipped military). A battle of monstrous proportions that would inevitably lead to the end of all mankind, like it or not but a war between Russia and the US will result in the use of Nukes, it is inevitable, the president's of either country may not order the strike, but odds are that in the chaos of war a station in either Russia or America will think they have been given an order to strike at the enemy, they launch, the other side counter attacks, and armeggedon. Sad but true.

"Strange game, the only way to win is not to play at all."
Joshua, War Games. (good movie, you should watch it sometime.)
September 16th, 2004  
courtious

hi i have read many posts on this topic nd joined this group bcoz of all tht
especially guy 100 & guy on the right

i do agree tht right now america might be called as in a better position as compared to russia but it was not like this always.....

russians r definitely better than americans or for tht matter better than any other nation in the propulsion technology

america's space mission was also no match for russian
the much criticised mir, americans were not able to make a sort till 15 yrs
nd even in their international space station team there were quite a few russians scientist (i donn rem proprely but more than any other country)

than abt the weapons russians overnumbered us in the 50,60,70,80,90 whatever decades u count on till recently

their only genuine problem was as earlier had been pointed out a gud guidance or tracking system...
but us is not a master in these
i HOPE EVERYONE REMEMBERS THE US'S FIRST NMD TESTING..??/ WHERE THE MISSILES FINALLY LANDED

and abt the russian failure in afganistan... i beg to differ..
they were not afganistanis only
but pakistan backed (nd indirectly us backed)

nd wht abt us
they cud not suceed in afganistan too!!!!!!!!
so saddd

nd abt the performance of the us weapons,,,,
i wud like to consider our worthy neighbour pakistan (i m frm india)
whatever the hell they buy frm US we will teach them a lesson with russian arms

we have done tht b4 on many occasions
tht whole world knows
not a controversial point like the earlier one's

nd abt russia's navy
i agree tht now it has been rusted to a great extent....
sad 4 me too
but we shud be bold enough to face the facts
but hey guys 10 years b4 it was not so

haven't u seen " hunt for red october"
it was not a movie made by any russian i suppose...
nd it bears a gud resemblance to the situation at tht point of time...( 10 years back nd further back)

russian navy was gr8

russian fighters are no doubt one of the best...
guy 100 pointed out abt the tests in india
those r right
france is best at the electronics of a fighter plane
but the aerodyanamics or the propulsion
russia is bond

US has a masterpiece stealth ...
thts pretty much there
but then u cannot clearly say tht which is superior

it depends very much on the scenario tht u fight

so hope tht it will add further to this ongoing hot debate...
nd haan those who vote china 2nd shud keep in mind
china has all frm russia
so voting 2nd automatically implies tht russia is 2nd ( nd the voter is biased against russia)
October 9th, 2004  
riathamus

at the end of the day is there a most powerful nation is the world. because alot of countries now have WOMD. and we could all blow the hell out of each other if we wanted forgetting about tanks or whatever. nukes will just fly around the world and blow us all up. and as technology evolves nukes will get even more powerful and more dangerous.

the only way a nation can distinguish it-self from all the others is it's ability to stop nuclear weapons by disabling them before there target.