Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 6

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Firsty of all come down, the cold war is over, the USSR lost.(just making sure you all know )

Now to the Mig31....Is that the development of the Mig25....?That was not a very good plane, plus at least once I know it was shot down by an F15.
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Firsty of all come down, the cold war is over, the USSR lost.(just making sure you all know )

Now to the Mig31....Is that the development of the Mig25....?That was not a very good plane, plus at least once I know it was shot down by an F15.
I am ok, you don't have to worry.
I don't understand why you americans think that you won the cold war?
is it because of the fall of the USSR?
a Mig-25 was shot down by an F-15 because there was a poorly trained, rookie, arab pilot that was flying it. if a Russian pilot would have controled the Mig-25 then the results could have been different.
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Wow.... I just love these things

in the sixties your only operational heavy bomber was the B-52 with a top spped of mach 0.8, USSR head many heavy bombers in the sixties like the Ty-95 "bear" which had a top speed of mach 0.9
Jeeess... I gues it was really 100km/h faster, they beaten us guys! No matter our planes carry more weapons and was the only heavy bomber in the world capble of flyin from the USSR to the USA and back without refuling
Are You crazy B52 has 16000km range while Tu95 has 12000, how many times I have to tell you that at least for once turn your head on. The USSR also had the Ty-22 "blinder" Now don't be foolish! It went into service in 1975, B58 first flew in '52, and speed 2,1M, also NA A5 for USN flew in 1958, and light bomber/fighter F111, first operational swing-wing aircraft.,with a top speed of about mach 1.8 and many more heavy bombers with top speeds of more than mach 1!
One more thing. It first flew on 69, when our planes flew?
Though experimental, D558 flew on May '47 with a speed of 2000kms/h

Now about the fighters:
In the sixties your main fighter was the phantom, a heavy fighter plane that was easly shot down by small and very manuverble Mig-17 using only light cannons and MG's.
Really so MiG 17 did shot down a F4, it's war, but why did F4 got nickname Migkiller?
In the sixties USSR had the Mig-21 with a top speed of about 2,000 km/h.
Really, didn't know
In the sixties USSR developed the Mig-25, which is the fastest fighter plane in service today (he was detected on radar fling at a speed of more than mach 3.2).
Really, well wrong again, it never exceeded the speed of 2,6 fully loaded, and even totally empty, never exceeded Mach 3, so don't
The X15 was lunched from the wing of a B-52 that was already fling at a high altitude at a speed of 700km/h.
Hmmm how nice of you to know somethin' about X15, 700? You're so wrong my fri.... never mind... You were joking! Tell me that you were, so not to make your self fool again! 7,297km/h The X15 was a rocket powerd plane, which means that he can not fly long.
Hmm... Very interesting,The X15 only carried fuel so it could not be used as recon because if it would carry a camera than it would be much slower.
Yeah, camera is very heavy... Some You can even carry by hands

Thanks for discovering me Hot water!
--
Boots
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
a Mig-25 was shot down by an F-15 because there was a poorly trained, rookie, arab pilot that was flying it. if a Russian pilot would have controled the Mig-25 then the results could have been different.
Ok now... You are really funny guy!
Those kinds of planes aren't given to Rookies, they are given to the best trained pilots....
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Wow.... I just love these things

in the sixties your only operational heavy bomber was the B-52 with a top spped of mach 0.8, USSR head many heavy bombers in the sixties like the Ty-95 "bear" which had a top speed of mach 0.9
Jeeess... I gues it was really 100km/h faster, they beaten us guys! No matter our planes carry more weapons and was the only heavy bomber in the world capble of flyin from the USSR to the USA and back without refuling
Are You crazy B52 has 16000km range while Tu95 has 12000, how many times I have to tell you that at least for once turn your head on. The USSR also had the Ty-22 "blinder" Now don't be foolish! It went into service in 1975, B58 first flew in '52, and speed 2,1M, also NA A5 for USN flew in 1958, and light bomber/fighter F111, first operational swing-wing aircraft.,with a top speed of about mach 1.8 and many more heavy bombers with top speeds of more than mach 1!
One more thing. It first flew on 69, when our planes flew?
Though experimental, D558 flew on May '47 with a speed of 2000kms/h

Now about the fighters:
In the sixties your main fighter was the phantom, a heavy fighter plane that was easly shot down by small and very manuverble Mig-17 using only light cannons and MG's.
Really so MiG 17 did shot down a F4, it's war, but why did F4 got nickname Migkiller?
In the sixties USSR had the Mig-21 with a top speed of about 2,000 km/h.
Really, didn't know
In the sixties USSR developed the Mig-25, which is the fastest fighter plane in service today (he was detected on radar fling at a speed of more than mach 3.2).
Really, well wrong again, it never exceeded the speed of 2,6 fully loaded, and even totally empty, never exceeded Mach 3, so don't
The X15 was lunched from the wing of a B-52 that was already fling at a high altitude at a speed of 700km/h.
Hmmm how nice of you to know somethin' about X15, 700? You're so wrong my fri.... never mind... You were joking! Tell me that you were, so not to make your self fool again! 7,297km/h The X15 was a rocket powerd plane, which means that he can not fly long.
Hmm... Very interesting,The X15 only carried fuel so it could not be used as recon because if it would carry a camera than it would be much slower.
Yeah, camera is very heavy... Some You can even carry by hands

Thanks for discovering me Hot water!
you made some horrible mistakes.
first of all Mig-25 did reach a speed of more than mach 3.2, read the guinness world's record book (I don't remember which one).
second of all the Ty-22 apeared in the sixties and Ty-22M apeard in 1975.
The F4 got it's name "Mig killer" because the USA called it that way (even if he shot down a lot of migs). The same way the North vietnamise army could call the MiG-17 "fantom killier".
So you should turn on your head and check your facts, before you tell me what to do.
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Quote:
Ok now... You are really funny guy!
Those kinds of planes aren't given to Rookies, they are given to the best trained pilots....
Well how can you explane this:
In 2004 an aircombat was hosted in India.
India won 90% of the battles using new and old USSR and Russian planes.
(they were not using real missiles, once the pilot pressed the button to fire the missile at his enemy a camera mounted in the plane took a picture of what he was firing at.)
in the end of the battle the pentagon said that Russian fighters are supirior, but later they said that the american pilots badly trained were rookies.
another game like that was made in a Alaska, this time against the Russians.
The Russians won 100% of the battles.
once again the pentagon said that the american pilots were badly trained rookies.
I don't think that the american army will let rookies fly thier F-15s, F-16, F-14s and F/A-18s
August 19th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
You probably forgot about the Russian Mig-31 which has a much better radar that can track stealth targets and cruise missiles, and destroy them.

The Mig-31BM which is bieng developed, will have the ability to track and destroy 24 targets at once!
The Mig-31's radar also has a much larger range than that of the F-14 and F-15.

Do you know why the americans keep the SR-71 blackbird in the hanger and don't use it?
It's NOT beacuse they want to save 200 million dollars a year.
The real answer is, because of the Mig-31 which has a top speed of about 3,000 km/h!

Even if the blackbird is faster, the Mig-31 has new, very fast and very powerful missiles which can blow the blackbird out of the sky.
Yes, but unlike the Russians we have the money to buy these in the numbers required to make a viable Air Force. Same problem with their gun, they make the best small arms in the world, but they can not afford to produce them for their army.
August 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
don't understand why you americans think that you won the cold war?
is it because of the fall of the USSR?
LOL, "us Americans" (enven the ones that are from Israel... ) dont "think the US won the cold-war. We know the US won. and the reason is that the USSR did collapse, trying to keep up with the US military. As to the "arab rockie", the Pilot was probably selected out of the best pilots in the Syrian Air-Foirce,and trained by Soviet instructores, as the Mig25 was the newest toy in Assads box....
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Well how can you explane this:
In 2004 an aircombat was hosted in India.
India won 90% of the battles using new and old USSR and Russian planes.
(they were not using real missiles, once the pilot pressed the button to fire the missile at his enemy a camera mounted in the plane took a picture of what he was firing at.)
in the end of the battle the pentagon said that Russian fighters are supirior, but later they said that the american pilots badly trained were rookies.
another game like that was made in a Alaska, this time against the Russians.
The Russians won 100% of the battles.
once again the pentagon said that the american pilots were badly trained rookies.
I don't think that the american army will let rookies fly thier F-15s, F-16, F-14s and F/A-18s
You said that once, and it's boring me, I already gave you the link for that... And I'm not doin' it again.
August 19th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Guys, if your gonna smear each other with "facts" why dont you at least post some links