Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 5

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 18th, 2004  
Damien435

America has a much better support team than the Russians, and who knows who is in contol of the Russian military.

And to use Nukes is to admit defeat, that sounds very cowardly for the Russians.
August 18th, 2004  
Guy100

I agree with what GuyontheRight said, I think that we need to drop this argument.
I don't think that a war will break out between the two any time soon.

I think that the two countries and their allied nations should fight terror together, because the only way to defend our self from terror is to destroy it!
August 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yep, I think its time to relax.
--
Boots
August 18th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
I agree with what GuyontheRight said, I think that we need to drop this argument.
I don't think that a war will break out between the two any time soon.

I think that the two countries and their allied nations should fight terror together, because the only way to defend our self from terror is to destroy it!
Yes, unfortunately to many nations think that they are immune to terrorist attacks. We learned something from WWII, apparently some nations haven't.
August 19th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Russia and America have great airforces... as far as jets are concerned.

But what they lack is good radar technology. An F-14 tomcats range is twice that of russias fighters, that goes for the F-15 as well.

An F-14 with 2 phoenix missles can destroy 12 enemy aircraft before they even pick it up on radar.

Its not the plane its the radar.
August 19th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTaFOOL82

But what they lack is good radar technology. An F-14 tomcats range is twice that of russias fighters, that goes for the F-15 as well.

An F-14 with 2 phoenix missles can destroy 12 enemy aircraft before they even pick it up on radar.

2 missiles, 12 planes? I am gonna venture a guess that you slipped when typing and that you accidently hit the one when you hit the two. But yes, the Pheonix and AAMRAM missiles are very potent weapons for us.
August 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Maybe they are nuclear tipped....
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTaFOOL82

You probably forgot about the Russian Mig-31 which has a much better radar that can track stealth targets and cruise missiles, and destroy them.

The Mig-31BM which is bieng developed, will have the ability to track and destroy 24 targets at once!
The Mig-31's radar also has a much larger range than that of the F-14 and F-15.

Do you know why the americans keep the SR-71 blackbird in the hanger and don't use it?
It's NOT beacuse they want to save 200 million dollars a year.
The real answer is, because of the Mig-31 which has a top speed of about 3,000 km/h!

Even if the blackbird is faster, the Mig-31 has new, very fast and very powerful missiles which can blow the blackbird out of the sky.
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

I say BRavo for the Rooskies *applause*
We have planes from early sixties that have that speed! Like bomber! Not fighter but a big huge heavy bomber
or little later X15 7600km/h 8)
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
I say BRavo for the Rooskies *applause*
We have planes from early sixties that have that speed! Like bomber! Not fighter but a big huge heavy bomber
or little later X15 7600km/h 8)
in the sixties your only operational heavy bomber was the B-52 with a top spped of mach 0.8, USSR head many heavy bombers in the sixties like the Ty-95 "bear" which had a top speed of mach 0.9 and was the only heavy bomber in the world capble of flyin from the USSR to the USA and back without refuling. The USSR also had the Ty-22 "blinder" with a top speed of about mach 1.8 and many more heavy bombers with top speeds of more than mach 1!
Now about the fighters:
In the sixties your main fighter was the phantom, a heavy fighter plane that was easly shot down by small and very manuverble Mig-17 using only light cannons and MG's.
In the sixties USSR had the Mig-21 with a top speed of about 2,000 km/h.
In the sixties USSR developed the Mig-25, which is the fastest fighter plane in service today (he was detected on radar fling at a speed of more than mach 3.2).
The X15 was lunched from the wing of a B-52 that was already fling at a high altitude at a speed of 700km/h.
The X15 was a rocket powerd plane, which means that he can not fly long.
The X15 only carried fuel so it could not be used as recon because if it would carry a camera than it would be much slower.