Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 4

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 17th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Notice that the French led the oposition to the US actions in Iraq.

Thats a whole nother discussion in itself
Oil, France, Russia and China were making the most money off of Iraq, in that order too. France had about 9500 oil contracts with Iraq, Russia had 7000 and China had 2300, the UK had only 6 and the US had only one. Seems clear to me why France would admit that Saddam had WMD's and refuse to allow military action, that and they were illegally selling weapons to Iraq, but we do not need to get into that in this thread.
August 17th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Like I said, the under hte table deals France at the other "peace states" had going in Iraq is so much more then any of us could know.
August 17th, 2004  
SHERMAN

I never said they were right, or wrong....I just said they had a major influence on the world opinion....
--
Boots
August 17th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
We have more than a hundred M1A2's, and did you not learn anything from Desert Storm? Iraq had the newest Soviet tanks and we had our Abrams and we destroyed them.

Iraq had the T-72 with very bad crewman. Is the T-80 or T-90 combat tested?
So then training is all that matters now adays, not that the M1A1 had a superior range, night optics, infared, and better support systems, it is just the training. All the training in the world could not have saved the Iraqi's, what they could not see they could not hit.
August 17th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yea, but does the Russian train as the Iraqi does? Of course not, this is why their armored force is more of a threat.
August 17th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Yea, but does the Russian train as the Iraqi does? Of course not, this is why their armored force is more of a threat.
Once we destroy the Russian Air Force we will not have to worry about tank vs. tank, we will use our planes to destroy the tanks.
August 17th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Once we destroy the Russian Air Force we will not have to worry about tank vs. tank, we will use our planes to destroy the tanks.
The problem is that you will NOT be able to destroy the Russian airforce.
The Russian airforce will destroy your airforce first. Oh yeah, and if you will attack Russia, then Russia will respond with a nuke strike.

By the way, iraq had only one elite groop which fought well compare to all of iraq's army. iraq had some T-72 tanks (T-72 is not a new tank, its from 1973) but once again the tank crue was badly trained. There where very small tank battles in iraq.iraq also had some Mig 29, but pilots where badly trained (Mig 29 is NOT Russia's newest and best fighter plane, Russia has much better fighter planes).

And if you compare the T-90 to the Abrams, you will see that the T-90 is much better.

Russia also knows where your submarines are (including Seawolf class subs).
And the "TYPHOON" can fire it's missiles from Russian controlled teritory.

Any way we can keep arguing for ever about who is more powerful: America or Russia, so lets just stop ok?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah just one las thing:
I got mixed up between the military name for the "Satan" missile.
So this is how it's suppost to be:
SS-18 "Satan" missile (with 25 megaton war head)
SS-N-18 is a naval launched missile.
sry.

Mod Edit: Do not make back to back posts. Use the edit function if you feel you've something more to add
August 17th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
Quote:
Quote:
The Russian airforce will destroy your airforce first. Oh yeah, and if you will attack Russia, then Russia will respond with a nuke strike.

USA would also respond with a nuke strike! Think bit before you make such a statement
And why we would not be able to destroy it?????????????????
August 17th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
Quote:
Quote:

USA would also respond with a nuke strike! Think bit before you make such a statement
And why we would not be able to destroy it?????????????????
because Russia's airforce is pretty much equal to that of the USA.
And both countries are pretty much equal in there nuclear capability.
USA has:
About 10,000 nuclear weapons in it's stock pile and about 10,000 intact warheads.

Russia has:
About 8,000 nuclear weapons in it's stock pile and about 18,000 intact warheads.

I am sure that even if a war breakes out between the two, they will think twice before they use nuclear weapons.

Now can we please stop arguing about who is more powerful ok?
August 17th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

This topic is getting out of hand and frankly makes no sense. Were not going to war with Russia anytime soon so I suggest we drop this whole argument.