Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 3

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 16th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
And you have an Army that struggles to fight terrorists, more terrorists blowing up buildings in your capitol, and crappy economy, and a President who's slowly taking away power from the democracy. Yea, like yall dont have your own problems.
Look Mr. american man,
first of all i ain't Russian, i am from Israel.
second of all your contry also struggels to fight terror. for example let me mention the 9/11 attack.
And you could say that america lost in afganistan because you coulden't catch osama. So thats the all mighty america hey? They coulden't even catch one dude in afganistan.
Now lets talk about Iraq. so you got saddam, and... what now?
american soldiers are dying every day, and guess who is responsible for thier death?
1. The american government and 2. terrorists.
so please think before you write.
August 16th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I am not a blind Patriot of America, so don't think that Im going to get into defending my country vs. yours kind of deal. However...

Quote:
And you could say that america lost in afganistan because you coulden't catch osama. So thats the all mighty america hey? They coulden't even catch one dude in afganistan.
Thats absurd, catching one man is one of the hardest things a military can do, especially one as well connected as Osama. As for our boys dyring every day, the same thing has been happening for the Russians In Chechnya (Although it has calmed down a little yes?) and the Israeli's in Israel. Terrorism is the worlds problem.
August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Guy 100, I think you need to adjust your fire. Calm down. This should be a friendly discussion, not a war...

Now, as to the subject at hand:
Powerfull is not only a military issue. I have no doubt the IDF is superior or equal to all the armies on that list. However, a powerfull nation has the ability to effect the actions of other nations. Israels abilty to do that is limited. I think the US is the most capable in that category, and as to second place, I think that France or China are good chices. Russia use to have far more influence than now, and I dont think it has enough for second place.
--
Boots
August 16th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
I am not a blind Patriot of America, so don't think that Im going to get into defending my country vs. yours kind of deal. However...

Quote:
Thats absurd, catching one man is one of the hardest things a military can do, especially one as well connected as Osama. As for our boys dyring every day, the same thing has been happening for the Russians In Chechnya (Although it has calmed down a little yes?) and the Israeli's in Israel. Terrorism is the worlds problem.
I aint protecting my country or anything, I just think that what you said before about russia having a problem with terrorists, well USA also has a problem with terrorists.
August 16th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Guy 100, I think you need to adjust your fire. Calm down. This should be a friendly discussion, not a war...

Powerfull is not only a military issue. I have no doubt the IDF is superior or equal to all the armies on that list. However, a powerfull nation has the ability to effect the actions of other nations. Israels abilty to do that is limited. I think the US is the most capable in that category, and as to second place, I think that France or China are good chices. Russia use to have far more influence than now, and I dont think it has enough for second place.
I am absolutly calm, and I was talking about russia and it's military power, I was not talking about the IDF. I know that america is more powerful than israel and has more effect on other nations. I agree with what you said above.
Well I don't think that france should get second place, Israel is more powerful than france.
now about china... well you could give china second place, what i don't understand is: why does the USA count china as a super powerful country?
I lived in china (hong-kong and taiwan) for 5 years, and the economy in china is not so good, there are a lot of poor people, alot!
even if china has an army of 2.5 million men, that dosen't mean that the men are battle hardend and are not afraid to die. china does have good military technology, but guess what; almost all of that technology is Russian technology that is produced in china under russian promision or it is produced in china.
But anyway thanks for making sure that i am calm down.
I think that america and russia should fight together against terror.
August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
But anyway thanks for making sure that i am calm down.
You are welcome.

Notice before I wrote about the IDF i wrote:
Quote:
This meant that Im commenting on the subject in general....

As to why the Chinese are considered powerfull, it's theeir economy not their military. They are a huge exporter, and a huge market for imports. The world today is about money, not tanks. France is a major player in the world economy, and has a lot to do with world opinion. Notice that the French led the oposition to the US actions in Iraq.
August 16th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Notice that the French led the oposition to the US actions in Iraq.

Thats a whole nother discussion in itself
August 16th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Topic: Re: Russia is more powerful than USA, read and find out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
Today Russia has more than 16,000 nuclear weapons compare to the USA that has about a half.
Shucks.... I guess You're right, we can destroy world only 10 times and not like Russia 15 times
August 17th, 2004  
Damien435

Topic: Re: Russia is more powerful than USA, read and find out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy100
Why is USA not on the list?
Simple, we are number one, this is asking who is number two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy100
Today Russia has more than 16,000 nuclear weapons compare to the USA that has about a half.
One word, overkill.

Quote:
Ever heard of the biggist nuclear submarine in the world?
Project 941 "TYPHOON" or "Akula" which caries any Soviet or Russian nuclear missiles. The power of all of the submarines nuclear missiles (20!!! missiles) is enough to destroy half of any continent! That's enough to wipe USA of the face of the earth!
Guess what buddy, we had attack subs tracking all the Yanquee class submarines, this inludes the Typhoons, so we knew where they were, we destroy them before they got off any more than 3 missiles at most, that being the time it would take for a torpedo to travel to the sub, which would have to be sitting in the water without moving to fire the missiles.

Quote:
Now about the conventional weapons:
Russia has about 41,000 tanks of which 25,000 are of the newest type
(T-72, T-80, T-90 and their modifications), compare to the USA, which has less than 10,000 out of which less than a hundred of them are the newest M1A2 Abrams tanks.
We have more than a hundred M1A2's, and did you not learn anything from Desert Storm? Iraq had the newest Soviet tanks and we had our Abrams and we destroyed them.

Quote:
Russia's airforce is the second largest after the USA, and both countries planes are equal.
Lol. China has the world's largest Air Force, the US has the worlds most powerful, and then Russia has a large Air Force which is no longer equal, the Russian Air Force has largely fallen into a state of disrepair, much like their Navy ie. The Kursk, they had the equipment to save the crew, but it had been sitting in a port rotting for 10 years, I bet that the Air Force is going through the same thing. And we have a much better support system, the E-3 Hawkeye for Example, lets see, the F-22 is the world best Air Superiority Fighter, the Russian Mig 1.42 which was supposed to challenge it does not exist, and their entire long range mober fleet is based on the B-29, which they stole from the US during WWII.[/quote]

Quote:
I can write a book telling why Russia is morepowerfull than the USA and if you have any questions or coments feal free to tell me.
Yes, and several more books based on facts have proved that the US is the most powerful nation on earth.
August 17th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

We have more than a hundred M1A2's, and did you not learn anything from Desert Storm? Iraq had the newest Soviet tanks and we had our Abrams and we destroyed them.

Iraq had the T-72 with very bad crewman. Is the T-80 or T-90 combat tested?