Second most powerful nation in the world. - Page 2

View Poll Results :Who is the second most powerful nation in the world?
United Kingdom. 20 22.99%
Russia. 23 26.44%
Israel. 4 4.60%
China. 17 19.54%
North Korea. 2 2.30%
France. 1 1.15%
Germany. 5 5.75%
India. 7 8.05%
South Korea. 0 0%
Canada (if you vote for this I will find you and slap you.) 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

July 7th, 2004  
AlexKall

I think damian took it wrong, i think he though England Expects ment thread and not his own post
July 8th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Alex you're right, I didn't want the whole thread to be deleted just my one post. Damien 435, I'm not too sure what you think I am being jealous about either, I guess you just misunderstood what I said.
July 8th, 2004  
Tessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
Russia, mainly because i was a kid during the Sovjet "empire", it was what we feared back then and it still lives through to this day. The russians are nice people now though But the fear still lives on within me, thats the reason for my vote.
Don't wake the sleep lion. :P

I believe Russia is ubderestimated sometimes. But yeah, I vote for Russia. My second homeland.
--
Boots
July 9th, 2004  
Damien435

I am sorry, I thought you wanted the whole thread deleted, my apologies, I just saw that you were from England and asking for something to be deleted, I assumed you meant the thread, sorry bout that.
July 9th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

I forgive you Damien
July 11th, 2004  
TSgt.Pereau

i think russia is the second most powerful nation.
August 4th, 2004  
silent driller

I say the UK. They are our primary ally and have all our best weapons and training. The only difference between them and us is the dialect with which they speak.
August 15th, 2004  
Guy100

Topic: Russia is more powerful than USA, read and find out why.

Why is USA not on the list?
USA is a very powerful nation, but it is not as powerful as Russia.
I will tell you why i think so.
First of all lets talk about the weapons of mass destruction that both countries have:
Today Russia has more than 16,000 nuclear weapons compare to the USA that has about a half.
During the cold war USA had about 7,500 nuclear weapons compare to russia that had only 4,500. But USA's nuclear weapons had a warhead of 1-5 megatons compare to Russia nuclear weapons that had a warhead of 1-25 megatons, for example the SS-N-18 "Satan" that has a warhead of 25 megatons that was divided into 10-16 MIRV's, out of this only 3 where real. This rocket was developed so that it could NOT be destroied using the "Patriot" and other anti missile systems.
Ever heard of the biggist nuclear submarine in the world?
Project 941 "TYPHOON" or "Akula" which caries any Soviet or Russian nuclear missiles. The power of all of the submarines nuclear missiles (20!!! missiles) is enough to destroy half of any continent! That's enough to wipe USA of the face of the earth!
Now about the conventional weapons:
Russia has about 41,000 tanks of which 25,000 are of the newest type
(T-72, T-80, T-90 and their modifications), compare to the USA, which has less than 10,000 out of which less than a hundred of them are the newest M1A2 Abrams tanks.
Russia's airforce is the second largest after the USA, and both countries planes are equal.
I can write a book telling why Russia is morepowerfull than the USA and if you have any questions or coments feal free to tell me.
August 15th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

And you have an Army that struggles to fight terrorists, more terrorists blowing up buildings in your capitol, and crappy economy, and a President who's slowly taking away power from the democracy. Yea, like yall dont have your own problems.
August 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Even if every piece of Russian military equipment was drastically superior to the US, the US already has a considerable amount already made and (more importantly) can outproduce the Russians by a ridiculous margin in a wartime situation, especially with the mess that Russia of a country is currently. Obviously, with their giant military stockpiles, the former Soviet Union would be a powerful foe in war. Underestimating them would be foolish of course.