The Second Grader's Forum

yea, i got real organized, real quick. recess was the bomb! we had ant fights! yes we dug a pit and had two black ants fight each other to the death with the winner advancing, brutal!

meh, hopscotch wasn't really my era i guess, we played hide and seek, tag, and run down, a game where theres two points everyone runs to and from and two throwers with one tennisball who try and peg you lol, but good times i had on the play ground man :)

The big game where I was was Foursquare.

Once you reached Middle school, there was still recess. And that's where worlds collided.

There were three different Elementary schools, all of which fed into the Middle School, and three distinct different ways to play Foursquare.

Kirkirsville always played by the official rules. Underhand bumps, that's it.
Etna was underhand, but was a little faster paced and had specialty moves.
Pataskala (where I went) was either overhand or underhand, hard hits, soft hits, and any possible move you could think up.

So, once 6th grade came around, all three styles sort of collided and the results usually ended up with Pataskala kids in the higher spots. (For example, I never made it any higher than 3rd on a regular basis in Elementary School. But I was 1st regularly whenever I played against kids from Etna & Kirkirsville.)

haha, where i went we had specials, it was insane stuff like turn over when you switch directions and telephone lines when you stand on the lines and first person to step off loses? lawl i use to be kign of the square alot at my day in GrantsWood Elementary.

Tag was big, mostly among the younger grades (1-3). And Freeze Tag, too...

I almost never was it... mainly because I hated it, and also because I was too fast and always outran everyone...

4th and 5th grade was Football. 2 hand touch, 5 dot blitz, no running plays. Lot of guys cheated. frustrating, but fun. I was usually a Wide Reciever, or Cornerback, never the QB. I broke up so many TDs...

ah, your a runner eh? Right before wrestling season they have us training with the CC team but i dont enjoy running THAT much lol. we have one hill on our course called slaughter hill, and let me tell you the name fits.

I've been running since 7th grade, and it was really fun in Middle School, because the football team always insisted that they could outrun us. Well, we loved whenever the football team came out to run their mile splits, just so we could show them up. They're panting hard and dying after running a 9:00 mile, our whole team has run our mile long warmup in about 8:00. :D

Back