Second Australian VC awarded in Afghanistan.

Just an FYI mate, a lot of advancements in science etc attributed to the islamic world was actually ripped off from people the moslems conquered. IE, so-called "Arabic numerals" that replaced the cumbersome Roman numerals were actually stolen from the Hindi Indians.

This is irrelevent since this is the way many Muslims see themselves. If that is a perception they carry, it might as well be a reality to them.

I get the impression that you don't care for Muslims in general...

It wasn't a remark, per se'. It was a simple enough question. I'm not convinced by his answer, either. As a Dane, you should know only too well what trouble-makers elements of the moslem community can be. Didn't they riot in your country and make death threats over a cartoon?

It´s not the Muslims who are the big problem. It´s the radicalized Islam.

Spartan613, I dont want to pull you in a debate about this...

But you can do two choices. Either you are a positive person, or you are a jerk. You can be positive and look carefully for examples to see that Muslims are just other people like you and me... Or you can chose to be a douche and to use the example of this imam to justify your ignorant comments.

It's called selective listening. You see and hear, and REMEMBER what you want to hear,see and remember. You can chose to think that Muslims are evil people, then your mind will focus on bad examples, or you can decide to be a decent human being, and then, you will give them a chance and even find them excuses even when they screw up...

Takes a lot of bravery and integrity to be a good human being. And all it takes to be a bigot is a coward...

In my opinion, you havent done much to deserve your right to be an Australian citizen... So why should this man act in a certain way to please a certain people to be allowed to live on that continent?

If this man targeted your people, civilians or not... Then put him in jail, arrest him and if he is threatening, then kill him. You have laws for that already. And nobody is questioning them.

And Chinese are much more civilized than a lot of people, I know that when I'm dealing with them everyday, how they are polite, and how they are sophisticated in their ways... I did notice. But here, we are not talking about the Chinese.

And for your information, the Chinese were a great people, but when the Eunuchs and the Mandarins lost their balance of power, the kingdoms closed their frontiers and then their minds, and the Chinese world started to decline... They were high... They fell, they were traumatized by the Japanese (WWII) and then, they are rising again to be powerful again...

You have the knowledge. But do you have the intelligence to build a conclusion from this knowledge?

And what if I was a Muslim? What's wrong with that? Is it a crime? Is it wrong? Something is wrong with this open bigotry...

Sorry if you feel that your national pride were violated.
But it´s was your compatriot who made the kick-off.

just saying it has gone of topic and has NOTHING at all to do with the original post.
Should I blame you for everything people from Denmark do something?

This is irrelevent since this is the way many Muslims see themselves. If that is a perception they carry, it might as well be a reality to them.

I get the impression that you don't care for Muslims in general...

Some, I couldn't care less about. They would be the ones who have come to my country and made an effort to fit in. The ones who are here calling for Sharia law and planning to blow up football games and planning shooting raids on my mates' barracks, on the other hand....

Spartan613, I dont want to pull you in a debate about this...

But you can do two choices. Either you are a positive person, or you are a jerk. You can be positive and look carefully for examples to see that Muslims are just other people like you and me... Or you can chose to be a douche and to use the example of this imam to justify your ignorant comments.

It's called selective listening. You see and hear, and REMEMBER what you want to hear,see and remember. You can chose to think that Muslims are evil people, then your mind will focus on bad examples, or you can decide to be a decent human being, and then, you will give them a chance and even find them excuses even when they screw up...

Takes a lot of bravery and integrity to be a good human being. And all it takes to be a bigot is a coward...

In my opinion, you havent done much to deserve your right to be an Australian citizen... So why should this man act in a certain way to please a certain people to be allowed to live on that continent?

If this man targeted your people, civilians or not... Then put him in jail, arrest him and if he is threatening, then kill him. You have laws for that already. And nobody is questioning them.

And Chinese are much more civilized than a lot of people, I know that when I'm dealing with them everyday, how they are polite, and how they are sophisticated in their ways... I did notice. But here, we are not talking about the Chinese.

And for your information, the Chinese were a great people, but when the Eunuchs and the Mandarins lost their balance of power, the kingdoms closed their frontiers and then their minds, and the Chinese world started to decline... They were high... They fell, they were traumatized by the Japanese (WWII) and then, they are rising again to be powerful again...

You have the knowledge. But do you have the intelligence to build a conclusion from this knowledge?

And what if I was a Muslim? What's wrong with that? Is it a crime? Is it wrong? Something is wrong with this open bigotry...

Where to start in responding to this load of feel-good tripe.....

LeMask, you're an example of what went wrong with France. You used to be a great nation, now you're just a little fish in a big Euro-sewer. If you want to "feel positive" and hug people who think you're a "kuffir" (infidel) and have no respect for you, that's your business. Don't invite me to join your moslem love-in. And you don't get to call me a jerk for wanting to take care of me and mine. So, up yours, as they say.

Not all muslims are evil people, but a hell of a lot of evil people are muslims. Deal with it.

Earned my right to be an Australian?! **** you, you cheese-eating surrender-monkey. I've spilt blood sweat and tears defending my country, what have you ever done for yours, except suck up to those who would gladly see you dead and your women wearing sacks.

Sorry if you feel that your national pride were violated.
But it´s was your compatriot who made the kick-off.

By asking a relevant question and telling some politically incorrect truths.

Political correctness is the death of truth, just as multiculturalism is the death nations.

Good onya. :confused:

By asking a relevant question and telling some politically incorrect truths.

Political correctness is the death of truth, just as multiculturalism is the death nations.

Good onya. :confused:

I just thought it was a condescending remark and not very relevant in relation to the topic. But having been in Iraq and Afghanistan I've probably got a different view of Muslims today.

just saying it has gone of topic and has NOTHING at all to do with the original post.
Should I blame you for everything people from Denmark do something?

All it had taken was that you had said: Please stick to the topic.
Then it had been respected!

I just thought it was a condescending remark and not very relevant in relation to the topic. But having been in Iraq and Afghanistan I've probably got a different view of Muslims today.

And that would be?

And FYI, I have no issue with moslems who want sharia, so long as it's in their country, not mine.

Woulda been nice not to have the thread de-railed. *Sigh*

I know plenty of Muslims from my civvie work, and almost all of them are here because they think Sharia's a bad frickin idea. Not saying there aren't plenty who are here who aren't taking the piss and demanding Sharia etc... Look at the end of the day people here can ask for Sharia all they want. I can ask for a winning Lotto ticket and lifetime supply of Hennessy - don't mean it's going to happen.

Think about it for a sec Spartan, you're a smart guy.... the mechanics of government here doesn't even allow us to get smart national or state legislation through on things everyone wants, let alone legislation where opinion is divided as it almost always is, let alone wholesale changes to the constitution to allow a second system of law to exist beside Crown and Common Law. So apply safe mate... a lot of those more extreme things are never gonna happen, although I hear ya... spongers of any description piss me off. And the Navy should be allowed to leave people smugglers on the captured SIEV when they take to it with a 50 cal.

For now, can I suggest that if do this, we do it in a seperate thread?

And for crying out loud, can someone please reprimand Le Mask for what's the most obvious ****ing Troll I've seen in 6 months....? And I frequent 4chan occasionally when I've had too much to drink, so I see some pretty obvious trolling on a pretty regular basis. I'm surprised he's racked up 800 odd posts without getting his ass banned off.

Woulda been nice not to have the thread de-railed. *Sigh*

I know plenty of Muslims from my civvie work, and almost all of them are here because they think Sharia's a bad frickin idea. Not saying there aren't plenty who are here who aren't taking the piss and demanding Sharia etc... Look at the end of the day people here can ask for Sharia all they want. I can ask for a winning Lotto ticket and lifetime supply of Hennessy - don't mean it's going to happen.

Think about it for a sec Spartan, you're a smart guy.... the mechanics of government here doesn't even allow us to get smart national or state legislation through on things everyone wants, let alone legislation where opinion is divided as it almost always is, let alone wholesale changes to the constitution to allow a second system of law to exist beside Crown and Common Law. So apply safe mate... a lot of those more extreme things are never gonna happen, although I hear ya... spongers of any description piss me off. And the Navy should be allowed to leave people smugglers on the captured SIEV when they take to it with a 50 cal.

For now, can I suggest that if do this, we do it in a seperate thread?

And for crying out loud, can someone please reprimand Le Mask for what's the most obvious ****ing Troll I've seen in 6 months....? And I frequent 4chan occasionally when I've had too much to drink, so I see some pretty obvious trolling on a pretty regular basis. I'm surprised he's racked up 800 odd posts without getting his ass banned off.

G'day mate,

Politics is a numbers game. While moslems don't have the numbers to change our constitution now, there's no mathematical reason why they won't in the future. All they have to do is outbreed "us" (which they are doing right now) until they have the numbers to start voting their own into Parliament. Even if they only do it one seat at a time, they could eventually have sufficient seats to pass a law to make sharia legal. Short of an armed uprising, there won't be a damned thing non-moslem Aussies will be able to do prevent it.

I realise that sounds like a bit of a hate speech/rant, but I'm just pointing out the black & white mathematics of the situation. It's demographics 101.

As for Le Crap. I'm hearing you.:biggun:

Ummm, yes, it's a hate speech. And let me tell you why.

You like the system when it favors you, but the system is against you, you moan and rant about it? Even if the Muslims get more numbers in a century or two. They wont force you to go back to England swimming. There is laws. And if we use your logic, the Muslims should be worried right now, because you sure dont carry them in your big heart.

A few days ago, we were speaking about what's happening in North Africa, and we spoke about how the populations are stabilizing in numbers with development. People go to school, try to make money and enjoy life, and they stop having sex with no protection... Comes with development/education/money etc...
You put people in a ghetto, they make kids. You give them a job, they adopt western standards.
Treating people like enemies is a source of problems, not a solution.

And you have to trust things a little, society can balance itself... If a Muslim takes your job, you will too turn into a parasite sucking the blood of the nation through welfare and making kids to get more money...

And honestly, if Aussy is the opposite of Muslim... Then how is it better now? Aussies forcing Muslims to live like them, or Muslims forcing Australians to live like them... It's a sad show in both situation. When a culture is strong enough, it doesnt need all this aggressive defense to survive... In fact, you kill it more than anything.

And we are speaking about a religion... You can have a religion and a culture. You dont have to drink beer to be a good Australian, and you dont have to go to church to be a good Australian... So show a little tolerance and maybe some of them might learn your ways. And you could learn something from these people (yes they are people) too.

And it's really sad to treat human beings like enemies. In particular when it comes to their kids who are born in the same land as you. You see them as a future generation of enemies here to destroy you.
In fact, you make it into a reality. When everybody looks at you like if you were here to steal "their" jobs. And take the control of "their country". You start to believe them and to act toward this narrow vision of the world.

Well... It's maybe time to stop being "smart"... There is something "evil" in "smart". What about wise? What about just good? A little moral values would be nice.

Once again, do you not think this may be detracting a bit from the story about our latest VC?
Just saying, I hope you wouldnt do this in a Vale post.....

I'm sorry, but the discussion is a flow and it went this way for some reasons...

But I want to explain one thing, I never wanted to ruin the honors of anybody receiving a medal. I wasnt there to tell...

I question the reports. They were pretty poor, not giving much details... Sounded like a "normal" combat mission to me at first.

But some folks didnt like it...

Back