The season of goodwill is over.

...randomly coming on IMF to read the boys flirting with each other...check. :D

I don't even have to check out the joke forum for a smile! :p

Not a coincidence you were in the RAF, then? ;)

I joined the RAF to piss off my dad, he was a Pongo:)

I've just had a thought, the US Marines have their own jet and helicopter pilots, yet the Royal Marines don't, they have to rely on RAF and FAA pilots. Is it because the Royal Marines cannot pilot anything bigger then a rubber inflatable? Gosh even the British Army has its own pilots. Even though they look like right plonkers in their light blue berets.

I joined the RAF to piss off my dad, he was a Pongo:)

I've just had a thought, the US Marines have their own jet and helicopter pilots, yet the Royal Marines don't, they have to rely on RAF and FAA pilots. Is it because the Royal Marines cannot pilot anything bigger then a rubber inflatable? Gosh even the British Army has its own pilots. Even though they look like right plonkers in their light blue berets.

Actually, RM do have their own pilots. There just aren't too many of them. ;) :p I only know of 3. It's a very long winded process.

Our pilots are from 847 Naval Air Squadron/3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron.

Technically, FAA and RM are the part of the same "unit". ;)

If it wasn't for the RM, the RAF would spend even more time sat about twiddling their d**ks. :p You should be thanking us for keeping you guys in a job. :angel:

Remember, all Royal Marines can fly. They just flap their arms, and such is their superhuman strength, they just take off. :D

Actually, RM do have their own pilots. There just aren't too many of them. ;) :p I only know of 3. It's a very long winded process.

3, is that all???? Thank God there is the RAF to take up the slack.

Our pilots are from 847 Naval Air Squadron/3 Commando Brigade Air Squadron..

3 pilots do not a squadron make, maybe stretch it to a flight.:p

Technically, FAA and RM are the part of the same "unit". ;).

Last time I saw a FAA chopper it said "Royal Navy" down the side I've never seen an aircraft with Royal Marines painted on it.:avi:

If it wasn't for the RM, the RAF would spend even more time sat about twiddling their d**ks. :p You should be thanking us for keeping you guys in a job. :angel:.

Keep us in a job? What fixing aircraft you blokes broke or searching for an aircraft you blokes pranged?:p

Remember, all Royal Marines can fly. They just flap their arms, and such is their superhuman strength, they just take off. :D

Now that I'd love to see.

Even the RAF had to serve on RN carriers (when the RN had carriers) to show the FAA pilots how to fly an aeroplane properly.

3, is that all???? Thank God there is the RAF to take up the slack.

I'm talking from several years ago. I only personally knew of 3, but there again, I didn't know every RM. :p

3 pilots do not a squadron make, maybe stretch it to a flight.:p

847 comprises of RM and RN air crew. ;)

Last time I saw a FAA chopper it said "Royal Navy" down the side I've never seen an aircraft with Royal Marines painted on it.:avi:

You've clearly never seen the RM's Lynx MK7 then?

lynx_xz192.jpg

See "Royal Marines" painted on it? ;)

The FAA is part of the Royal Navy. The Royal Navy is part of the Naval Service, which also comprises the Royal Marines. All the same unit. :p

Keep us in a job? What fixing aircraft you blokes broke or searching for an aircraft you blokes pranged?:p

I can't recall any RM induced damage. Plenty of RAF induced damage though... :p

Now that I'd love to see.

Even the RAF had to serve on RN carriers (when the RN had carriers) to show the FAA pilots how to fly an aeroplane properly.

The RN was actually doing you a favour by allowing the RAF to serve on the carriers. Should have told you to feck off and get your own carrier. :p

I'm talking from several years ago. I only personally knew of 3, but there again, I didn't know every RM. :p

So it could be 4 now?:p

847 comprises of RM and RN air crew. ;)

Tsk tsk, they should take away aeroplanes from the RN and RM, the only ones able to fly anything properly is the RAF.

You've clearly never seen the RM's Lynx MK7 then?

lynx_xz192.jpg

See "Royal Marines" painted on it? ;)

I bet some RM got a pot of paint, painted over Navy and painted in marines, dodgy buggers those RM's.:smile:

Besides which its about time RM's did a bit of work for a change, the RAF and Army pilots are over worked, well the RAF ones are, the army pilots are only playing at flying.

The FAA is part of the Royal Navy. The Royal Navy is part of the Naval Service, which also comprises the Royal Marines. All the same unit. :p

Anyone who actually likes living on something that can actually sink from under you can't be all the ticket.

I can't recall any RM induced damage. Plenty of RAF induced damage though... :p

Well the RAF have got to show the Navy how to do things properly, even crashing. Anyone can crash an aeroplane, it takes skill to prang one.

The RN was actually doing you a favour by allowing the RAF to serve on the carriers. Should have told you to feck off and get your own carrier. :p

Gobsmacked!!! Good lor, the RAF can't afford a carrier they spend all their money on pink gins and sometimes buys an aeroplane. Tally Ho chaps.:p

Last edited:
Back