Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yahoo.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
This thread is linked to this thread ("Google and Beijing together to turn screws on open information
Communist Party propaganda department bans use of foreign news services or channels as sources. Google says it had no choice but to accept restrictions, including censorship"; "What ever happened to the US Congressional action on this?? How many of you which are so quick to criticise China's censorship are still using google and thus supporting the very thing you so vocally denounce??"- Bulldog; "No wonder Hu Jintao's first stop on this trip is dinner with his friend Bill Gates. :roll: Have we entered a time in our history during which money and big business can work in open opposition to the demands and laws of the very countries they are resident?"- Bulldog)

We are trying to have more and more people change their search engine from Google given the support the dictatorship of China gets from Mr.Gates and his company.
Now the question is what search engine do you use?
I have just switched to Altavista.

Last edited:
I've added Yahoo to the list for you. I have been shying away from Google lately anyway but this is just all the more reason. I use Yahoo, Dogpile, AltaVista, and I've been trying out Ask recently all give good results so far.

Last edited:
useless, no one can give up the chinese market.
and no big company, MNCs can survive without the chinese marktet

That in no way means that people should support Google or censorship in any form. If Google wants the Chinese market so bad I say we kick them out of their comfy offices in San Jose, California and send the whole lot of them to live and work in the bed they're helping to make. They may "need" China but we don't need them.

So Rabs I should expect to see no criticism from you about any issues involving censorship from now on??

I use Google since the engine returns better results on C++ and SQL related issued than Yahoo and so on. Though I am moving over to the Norwegian engine Sezam more and more these days.

I use Dogpile and Altavista when I'm on other computers, but Google is built into Safari on my iBook (somewhat like IE is built into Windows OS), so Google is second nature. I'd kind of like to know which major search engines have come out against China's "requests." If they aren't against 'em, they're with 'em.

Oops. Look what I've found:

"Search results on AltaVista are powered by Yahoo! Search Technology". Sounds like Yahoo powers Altavista too.

But the power of Microsoft and Google is that men is a lazy animal, which sticks to the easiest path. Since most kids work with windows at school and look for info via Google, they do this "automatically". The fact that it might have some consequences in other places on earth..... who really cares. I know that masses won't, it's always a minority that does. And as we all now; minorities seldom change the habits of the masses!

Back