Seals Killed. What Happened?

FO Seaman

I heard on FOX today that two Navy Seals where missing and where found dead in Iraq, or could be Afganistan, but anyway I wonder what was the cause.

Any ideas?

All speculation.

But I think it was a kind of recon detachment like TF121 that got compromised and has been in a running E&E motion ever since. Has turned into quite the cluster**** since that one helo of rescue troops got shot down and killed.

Cadet Seaman said:
I heard on FOX today that two Navy Seals where missing and where found dead in Iraq, or could be Afganistan, but anyway I wonder what was the cause.

Any ideas?

I was under the impression that they had one survivor, one missing and 2 dead from the team well at least that was the list the BBC published.

Well they've got one that was rescued and injured and 2 that are dead. The DoD isn't stupid enough to tell us if/how many soldiers are still missing in enemy territory.

The two dead were spotted in a ravine that was a bit inaccessable as it took the troops another 24 hours to recover the bodies. Thats the official story as being published on yahoo news this morning.

i wish i knew what happened but it's all speculation, My Heart and Prayers go out to all Armed Forces personel, Sailors, Marines, Navy Seals, and the families and victims of that tragedy, God Bless

They were part of a QRF responding in support of Operation Red Wing. The official DoD casautly list can be found here: Casualty Reports

PO2 Class Danny P. Dietz

Lt. Michael P. Murphy

These two names are not on the above linked DoD list, but have been confirmed.

Remember that these men had family, friends and brothers that may very well be reading this site (and there are a few) - so keep your comments respectable.

RIP brothers

Back