Seal

CDT.Ensign

i have been looking into going to buds training and from what i am to understand it is the equvilant to hell on the body

im just looking for someone who has maybe been through it and could share some knowladge on what one should do to prepare for the boot

not done it myself, (don't think they'd allow brits in anyway) but I did see a 6 hour long doccumentary on bud/s hell week and the stuff that goes on afterwards.. It looks like one hell of a challenge.. but totally worth it if you make it.

I hear that if you have some program like bittorrent you can download it onto your computer.

Wing Nut

From what I've seen, it's more an issue of mental toughness and your ability to mix being a leader and being a teammate at the same time. Sure, you can train yourself physically to the level of a triathlete, but if you can't stand being cold and wet, if you don't perform well or think straight when you're dog tired from being awake for 48 hours straight, or if you don't know how to lead or follow orders while creatively problem-solving an issue, you're not going to do well.

So in addition to the physical training, don't forget to mentally train as well.

thats the hard part i dont know how to mentally prepare myself for it, i can do all the physical training i want, but if im not ready mentaly it all goes down the drain

I watched a special about BUDS and the commanding officer told the reporter that "there are no Rambos in here, but most of the smaller guys are real little scrappers, that's what it's all about, teaming and determination."

http://www.specialoperations.com/Navy/SEALs/Warning_Order.htm

Thats the BUD/S warning order, a basic outline of training along with workouts to prepare yourself. But BUD/S is only the easy part (but is still a real kick in the ass). So I've heard/read from SEALs. I used to want to be one too, untill I realized I really dont have the mental toughness or determination to be one, and when I realized that 6 months of BUD/S was only a taste of what they go through everyday.

But hey I hope that link helps you prepare and best of luck

:salute2:

To be prepared mentall you need to be prepared physically. That way the mental stress will be much less rather than if your struggling with every evolution. Just do it.

i have been training since be i posted this bulliten and will comtinue to untill i leave for buds

i just hope it is all going to be enough its really really important to me that i suceed

Back