Seahawks 34, Packers 24

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/151588,CST-SPT-mnf28.article

November 28, 2006

SEATTLE -- Shaun Alexander ran for a season-high 201 yards, Matt Hasselbeck overcame a poor first half to throw three touchdown passes in the second and Josh Brown made four field goals to lead the Seattle Seahawks to a 34-24 victory Monday against the Green Bay Packers on a snowy night in the Northwest.
With snow falling for the first time at a Seahawks home game, it seemed like a more natural setting for the Packers (4-7). Brett Favre, who rarely loses when the temperature is 34 degrees or lower, was making his 252nd consecutive start -- and possibly his final appearance on ''Monday Night Football.''
Instead, the game belonged to Alexander, who skated across the field for his first 100-yard game of the season and showed that his broken left foot is feeling better.
''I feel like I need a massage and a cold whirlpool and some good rest,'' he said.
The Seahawks (7-4) overcame four first-half turnovers by Hasselbeck -- three interceptions and a fumble returned for a touchdown by Abdul Hodge -- with a big second half.
Hasselbeck, who returned from a four-week layoff caused by a sprained ligament in his right knee, connected on touchdown passes of 23 yards to D.J. Hackett, four yards to Darrell Jackson and three yards to Jerramy Stevens to help the Seahawks rally from a 21-12 deficit in the third quarter.
''Matt went through what I went through last week,'' said Alexander, who had 37 yards on 17 carries in a loss Nov. 19 to the San Francisco 49ers. ''He was trying to make plays, and the ball would get away or he was a step behind. We saw the difference in the second half. Hopefully, we'll get even better the next game.''
Favre passed for 266 yards and a 48-yard touchdown to Donald Driver, but he also threw three interceptions. AP

Back