Who screwed this up?

"This 4-piece custom lighter collection pays homage to America's military heroes. Fighting to protect America, our service men and women place themselves in harms way in the name of liberty and freedom. Each satin-finished windproof lighter depicts a unique combat scene boldly cast in deep relief. Show your American pride with these hefty collectible lighters."

Very good... :lol:

But it could be American soldiers who have stolen the weapons, uniforms and helmets?? :cool:

The site is a site for "collectible" items as far as I could see, nowhere did it state that it honoured US troops.

Their other pages are full of "collectibles" from particularly Germany and I even noticed some from Italy.

As far as I'm concerned, this is faux collectible. Like the stuff from Franklin Mint and other similar companies who make very ordinary Kitsch of no great artistic or monetary value in limited numbers just so they can then claim that they are "collectible".

No doubt people from other countries like to honour their troops too.

As Redleg said, perhaps they were in disguise? Or this is the not-so-new combat kevlar combat helmet, but then depicted old school... I wager there must be a solid explanation for this :)

As Redleg said, perhaps they were in disguise? Or this is the not-so-new combat kevlar combat helmet, but then depicted old school... I wager there must be a solid explanation for this :)
WWII reenactors? Kevlar "Fritz" helmets & Mausers + an MP-40 would be a strange mix!

Back