The Scottish Soldier

--

October 22nd, 2008  
BritinBritain

Topic: The Scottish Soldier

On exercise in Germany in the 1980's, I was tasked to take stores to a Scottish Regiment with a section of trucks. On arrival I approached a Scottish soldier and asked him where his CP was as I had stores for his unit. He answered me in the broadest Scottish incomprehensible accent I had ever heard, I didn't understand a word. I said “WHAT?” The soldier then repeated himself, by which time my 2 i/c had wandered up, I turned to my 2 i/c and said “Dave can you translate.” He looked at me and replied “Don't ask me mate, I only speak English.”
October 24th, 2008  
rose121

we shold try and do every thing possible to stop war in africa
October 24th, 2008  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose121
we shold try and do every thing possible to stop war in africa
What has war in Africa got to do with a Scottish Soldier?

I suggest that you take this to another forum
--
October 24th, 2008  
DTop

We will try to do everything to stop spammers like this.
October 25th, 2008  
Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
On exercise in Germany in the 1980's, I was tasked to take stores to a Scottish Regiment with a section of trucks. On arrival I approached a Scottish soldier and asked him where his CP was as I had stores for his unit. He answered me in the broadest Scottish incomprehensible accent I had ever heard, I didn't understand a word. I said “WHAT?” The soldier then repeated himself, by which time my 2 i/c had wandered up, I turned to my 2 i/c and said “Dave can you translate.” He looked at me and replied “Don't ask me mate, I only speak English.”

Hahaha!!!!
October 25th, 2008  
Cheeser

Currently I am serving with a Scottish Regiment. We recently had a Ghurka posted in to my section who is a great guy but is struggling with the language barrier. Anyway I received a call from a Sgt complaining that 'The wee mannie musnae haft laern to speak weel English'. Quick as a flash I pointed out that it was like the Sgt's second language. There was a stunned silence as he took this in. 'Wadday mean?' Well your first language is Jockinese he is going to take time to get used to it. The response 'Cheeky tw*t.' Sound of reciever being baged home. Ahh the sweet silence of another satisfied customer.
October 26th, 2008  
senojekips

Ahhh,... The Jocks, they are a breed of their own.
October 26th, 2008  
Sevens

Very nice, Cheeser. LOL
October 27th, 2008  
Team Infidel

ahahahahhha
March 15th, 2009  
tomtom22