Scottish Haka

jillyz12

I have no idea what a haka is, but I KNEW I loved men in kilts for a reason! :mrgreen:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWa_lHc4grY&feature=related"]Scottish Haka - YouTube[/ame]

There is a photograph going around where Scottish Regimental Officers wearing kilts are sitting down with HRH posing for a photograph. The officer next to HRH had his kilt pulled tight showing off his wedding tackle, no kidding.

I bet HRH didn't get a copy

The Haka is a traditional war dance done by the Maori and taken up by New Zealand sporting teams (mostly rugby). They do it before all their international games. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlu8StfXtM"]All Blacks Haka vs Fiji Cibi - July 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

It's very cool. Thanks, Spartan! I figured that somebody here could educate me on the subject. ;)

Ha Ha HA Ha... love the 2 videos...

Always put a chill in my spine when I hear the HAKA, and I am not even a New Zealander! I suppose traditions are something that is beautiful.

There is a photograph going around where Scottish Regimental Officers wearing kilts are sitting down with HRH posing for a photograph. The officer next to HRH had his kilt pulled tight showing off his wedding tackle, no kidding.

I bet HRH didn't get a copy

I think I saw that photo, BA! As I recall, the kilt-wearer in question looked very pleased with himself. :mrgreen:

The Haka is a traditional war dance done by the Maori and taken up by New Zealand sporting teams (mostly rugby). They do it before all their international games.

Umm theoretically it isn't a war dance as it is done without weapons, think of it more as a statement of "come get some" than a "we are going to get you" I think the Fijian Cibi is a war dance as it simulates weapon use where as the Haka is a challenge.

You gotta hand it to the Scots, talking about them always remindss me of Braveheart...

I had to nurse a Scotsman admitted to my CCU once, a hell of nice, jovial man, even without the alcohol, mind you. We got along pretty swell...

I did pop the million dollar question- Is it true that a true Scotsman will not have any underwear under the kilt?

You know what was his answer.....

"Give me your hand, lad..." :)

You gotta hand it to the Scots, talking about them always remindss me of Braveheart...

I had to nurse a Scotsman admitted to my CCU once, a hell of nice, jovial man, even without the alcohol, mind you. We got along pretty swell...

I did pop the million dollar question- Is it true that a true Scotsman will not have any underwear under the kilt?

You know what was his answer.....

"Give me your hand, lad..." :)

Wahahahaha!!!!! :mrgreen:

In Singapore we had a RAF Police dog handler who was a Jock. On New Years Eve he'd appear in the airman's mess in full Jock kit, right down to a knife in his sock. He got really fed up when blokes kept lifting his kilt to see if he wore any knickers. "OCH MAN, LEAVE ME KILT ALONE!"

Even the wives tried to look up his kilt lol

Sae... yoo're curioos tae ken if scotsmen wear anythin' under their kilts? Sam hin' a ballerina wears under 'er tights.

"Teel me mactavish, is anythin' worn under th' kilt?"
"Nay, lassie, it's aw as guid as new"

edit_preview.php

Sae... yoo're curioos tae ken if scotsmen wear anythin' under their kilts? Sam hin' a ballerina wears under 'er tights.

"Teel me mactavish, is anythin' worn under th' kilt?"
"Nay, lassie, it's aw as guid as new"

edit_preview.php

What? See what I mean about Jocks, can't understand a bloody word they say lol :hide:

We love you really little Jockess. lol

Back